PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct R7 Only a Vision

Bobzilla
03-18-2009, 09:55 AM
This CLM 10000N2L fillies&mares 3and up race looks to me like it's one of today's races most likely to yield a pricey winner as long as the field isn't decimated by scratches. This is a condition with which I usually demand value, particularly in larger fields.

Though I've been aware of Rosie Napravnick's riding in the mid-Atlantic in recent years, I hadn't really had an opportunity to watch her riding on a regular basis until the current Aqueduct meet. I've been impressed. She has a good sense of timing and can finish strong.

One of the barns that's been using Rosie with success is the one of Dominic Galluscio. 5yo mare Only a Vision draws PP1 today after having drawn PPs 8 and 9 in her more recent efforts, albeit over an 8 month period of time, resulting in wide trips. Unfortunately for OAV she appears to be a chronic slow starter and often finds herself far back and with others to her inside. She ran a pretty decent race at Belmont on 5/2 over a muddy sealed surface in which she wasn't so wide and was able to finish second a length ahead of Amongooseamongus, the latter having won multiple races since. I'm not sure if OAV was really ready in her last on 1/29 but I'm emboldened by 3 decent works since, including a bullet work on 2/27 running handily over the Bel Tr in 47 4/5. Maybe she's ready today, can save ground behind what I hope is some contention up front, and let the good inner track riding ability of R. Napravnick take over from there. Maybe she can get up at 12/1. (I suspect she'll be lower). Because CC Lopez might spring loose with the #4 Jayleen, I'll play a 4/2 exacta, too.

Rosie springs from pp1 in R6 as well today. Winitback seems interesting but I'm intigued by Maylan Studart's #6 mount Century Gold who is coming out of better race and CG was 6 1/2 back early after breaking from PP9 and unable to get involved early. Maybe she'll benefit from the drop down.

cj's dad
03-18-2009, 10:05 AM
With the exception of the last race on an off track, the #4 Jayleen is showing steady improvement (fig wise) and clearly, I think, the one to beat. Your exacta paly is the way to go. The other I find interesting here is the 1A.

And you're right, Anna Rose is no slouch in the reins.

Bobzilla
03-18-2009, 10:20 AM
Jayleen is definitely the one to catch, I believe, unless Knot News (Castro) or Courting Elaine (Dominguez) can give her some attendence early. I can't argue with the 1A though she might end up too far back if she has to wait for the body of the field to clear to her inside. I was thinking that at a price, the 2 might enjoy a better trip and perhaps get an earlier and better timed jump on the front should it stagger. It took Our Deamette a long time to break her maiden but I always thouht there was some ability there as well. Good Luck today.

the little guy
03-18-2009, 10:39 AM
I picked Only a Vision on top for Talking Horses.

cj's dad
03-18-2009, 10:48 AM

Did you check that out with cj ??

Bobzilla
03-18-2009, 10:49 AM

Do you suspect there will be sufficient early pace to help put the puck in front of the net for her? I haven't seen the scratches yet and won't until they're up on the NYRA site in another half hour. My concern is that the 4 will get out quick and nobody else will give her enough early pressure.

the little guy
03-18-2009, 11:55 AM
With Jayleen being scratched the race is now changed a bit. Maybe she will get a clean break today and have a little more speed.

Our Dreamette, big deal, is the horse to beat.

cj's dad
03-18-2009, 12:04 PM
#4 scratched ! - does #7 Knot News go gate to wire?

Bobzilla
03-18-2009, 12:14 PM
#4 scratched ! - does #7 Knot News go gate to wire?

Could be. There was a late rider switch from Castro to Maragh on #7 if that means anything. I suppose the #6 could get into it early if Bocachica wants to try that tactic seeing the #4 is no longer going to run. I'm sure Ramon will have #8 perfectly placed, and by race 7 he'll know better than anybody if there is any surface tendency for today (speed, contour). I think tlg is right and if the #2 is a live horse today she might have to get placed a little more forward than originally anticipated. If I were doing an horizontal exotic and did a spread for this leg I'd still include the #5.

Immanuel Kant
03-18-2009, 03:59 PM
Very Nice!

cmoore
03-18-2009, 04:04 PM
Nice Hit Bobzilla...7-1 was a very good price..

Bobzilla
03-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Thanks guys. That was a fun hit for me. TLG liked her too and showed some good video of her last race today while doing Talking Horses. Heck I'm just glad that a horse I started a thread on actually won. I had a dismal record before today.

samyn on the green
03-18-2009, 05:01 PM
Great hit and good job posting this morning.

JustRalph
03-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Thanks guys. That was a fun hit for me. TLG liked her too and showed some good video of her last race today while doing Talking Horses. Heck I'm just glad that a horse I started a thread on actually won. I had a dismal record before today.

you only have to get a few :ThmbUp: Nice shot!

melman
03-18-2009, 06:23 PM
Good hit Bobzilla and while we are passing out credit Ed Fountaine in today's NY Post picked the winner of R5 Hale and Hearty at $35.20.

Bobzilla
03-18-2009, 06:51 PM
Good hit Bobzilla and while we are passing out credit Ed Fountaine in today's NY Post picked the winner of R5 Hale and Hearty at $35.20.

Great selection by Ed, the winner of the inaugural Bradley Autotote Handicapping Challenge in 1998 in my home state of CT.