PDA

View Full Version : Poll Repost - WHY ALL THE HATE?

PaceAdvantage
03-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by pktruckdriver:

It seems that there is much hate for newly elected President, Why?

I can see the hate for the last President, but this one has not been in offivce long enough to evaluate , has he, not me he hasn't.

How bout a poll to see where we are at , not that anyone who reads this board already know where we are.

PaceAdvantage
03-17-2009, 11:05 PM
I've even left in the grammatical errors that appeared in the original poll, just to be fair.

Now, special note to Dannyboy: Suff once claimed he had 20+ different registered names on PaceAdvantage.com....so....if you see that the choice you hoped for is not getting enough attention in this poll, just tell Suff to fire up some of those user names and stack the deck! :lol:

PaceAdvantage
03-17-2009, 11:07 PM
And just for the record, is this poll asking why all the hate in general, or just here on off-topic?

You see Dannyboy, another flaw in the poll that has never been clarified...

I'm going to assume it's "in general," because, quite honestly, I don't really know of anyone here on off-topic that actually hates Obama.

I know I don't hate Obama. I disagree with much of what he stands for, but I don't hate him.

Steve 'StatMan'
03-17-2009, 11:33 PM
Doubt you saw them in your rage, Dannyboy, but on Sunday night, a few days after the original poll was taken down, and the concerns and agruing came up, I put together a few polls to clarify how people feel about Obama, and was prepareing a new poll with more and mulitple choices as to why people Support as well as Don't Support him. You'll also find several polls that focus on different aspects - Personal, Politician Pre-Election, and as President. And the final, multiple-option PRIVATE, polls, were going to include the black issue in both polls, since some people might support him as well as non-support him, and his ethnicity may play into that. You can take a look at those too and get a better idea about the off-topic board. I receive absoulely no objections from PA about creating these polls and the proposed items.

NJ Stinks
03-18-2009, 01:39 AM
No way I'm voting in this poll. I think the correct response is "Because we hate his policies" and that's not up there.

But the word "hate" is the loose cannon here. Replace it with "dislike" and it may be somewhat acceptable.

I haven't been here that long but from what I can see Obama is doing a lot of things conservatives find repulsive. Too bad for them this time around but a little venting never hurt anybody.

As for PaceAdvantage himself, from what I have seen here everybody gets a chance to vent - not just the conservatives.

PaceAdvantage is running a square board down here in Off Topic IMO. :ThmbUp: If I didn't think so, I wouldn't be posting in these political threads.

Not that anybody asked, of course. :)

chickenhead
03-18-2009, 02:02 AM
I couldn't resist.

kenwoodallpromos
03-18-2009, 02:41 AM
"All Presidents are worthless, as all screw-up, some more than others "

HUSKER55
03-18-2009, 03:03 AM
Bo hasn't had an original idea since FDR. Nothing to fear there. Wild Bill didn't inhale and he didn't have real sex with Monica. BO snorted coke to be one of the boys.

If you buy into that then you are not getting screwed now, are ya.

Tom
03-18-2009, 07:43 AM
How do you see who voted?
I don't see any names.

Bubba X
03-18-2009, 09:58 AM
I went with the 'cause Rush says so' option.

If there was a choice with any of the terms "Cheney," "Barney Frank" or "Octomom," it would have been a coin flip call.

kenwoodallpromos
03-18-2009, 11:43 AM
I don't see any names.
I voted that some preidents screw up more than others (and some get caught screwing up more than others), so I do not have to state which politicians I hate more than others! :cool:

Steve 'StatMan'
03-18-2009, 12:44 PM
I don't see any names.

The original poll was the Public poll with the names. In those, the number of responses is underlined, and clicking on I believe any one of them gives the names of all those who voted for each option. Public is not the default option for polls, Private is.

This new poll, with the same options as the original, is Private, so no one will see the names, per PA's (logical) preferences on Political Polls, esp. with a hot button choice.

Bubba X
03-18-2009, 04:41 PM
So far, 19 votes.

4 votes for "because he's black" as the reason for the Obama hate.

I suppose it's not really clear whether that means 22% of people who voted hate the man because he's black or whether it means 22% of the people who voted think the reason hatred for Obama exists is because he's black.

Frankly, I'm not sure which of the two is more disturbing.

HUSKER55
03-18-2009, 05:35 PM
I voted cause the man is an idiot. People have been giving him a free ride cause he is black.

That,..is disturbing.

PaceAdvantage
03-18-2009, 06:46 PM
I couldn't resist.I think you might be funnier than Tom...:lol:

pktruckdriver
03-18-2009, 09:03 PM
Why was this brought back.

I put this up when I was real tired, and wasn't thinking right.

Hate is too strong, but Obama does seem to have Haters here, and I just wondered why??

We had eight years to see why we hated Bush's policies, and the mess we got in during his watch,

O man has been here a few months, too early for me to judge, sorry for the hate word, but it worked at the time.

Patrick

dav4463
03-19-2009, 02:08 AM
So far, 19 votes.

4 votes for "because he's black" as the reason for the Obama hate.

I suppose it's not really clear whether that means 22% of people who voted hate the man because he's black or whether it means 22% of the people who voted think the reason hatred for Obama exists is because he's black.

Frankly, I'm not sure which of the two is more disturbing.

I think some vote this way just so the category gets votes and draws attention.

Suff
03-19-2009, 08:46 AM
Now, special note to Dannyboy: Suff once claimed he had 20+ different registered names on PaceAdvantage.com....so...

Why do you keep mentioning my name whenever you respond to Danny? Posting under multiple names is not my style:

Although I've seen it done often.

Not to worry, less than a handful of guys here know enough or are smart enough to follow this bread crumb to bakery.

Suff
03-19-2009, 08:47 AM
I think.

Since when?

Tom
03-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Maybe he could give you some pointers.

dav4463
03-19-2009, 03:04 PM
Since when?

that's nice. i guess i can only wish i was as smart as everyone else. did you pick on retarded kids when you were in school? did you make fun of the slow reading group?

HUSKER55
03-20-2009, 02:34 AM
tHAT didn't happen at my school. Teacher beat me to it.

Tom
03-20-2009, 07:28 AM
Maybe he writes material for the president......Special Olympic humor?

PaceAdvantage
03-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Why do you keep mentioning my name whenever you respond to Danny? Posting under multiple names is not my style:

Although I've seen it done often.

Not to worry, less than a handful of guys here know enough or are smart enough to follow this bread crumb to bakery.I always knew you love to imitate only the best!

PaceAdvantage
03-20-2009, 06:23 PM
Why do you keep mentioning my name whenever you respond to Danny?As to your question...I mention your name because I had some sort of hunch that you had something to do with Danny coming back here after being away for so long. In fact, I think Danny mentioned you by name in his initial post back from hiatus.