PDA

View Full Version : Keeneland and ADW access and TV coverage

NoCal Boy
03-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Has anyone heard or read anything concerning how Keeneland is handling its ADW and TV coverage? Keeneland has historically been TVG exclusive and seems to have a good relationship with TVG. Youbet lists Keeneland as a daiy track on its April calendar beginning on opening day (4/3), but Twinspires does not as of yet. My guess is all ADWs will have access and TVG will be the exclusive TV provider, but I have not seen anything to that effect.

miesque
03-17-2009, 03:39 PM
I contacted Twinspires with an inquiry since I have a vested interest in the answer since they are my primary ADW provider and I received the following response:

We don't have an official contract for Keeneland yet but check back with us in the coming days. Thanks alot.

Sincerely,

Twinspires Player Services
1-877-774-7371

NoCal Boy
03-17-2009, 05:42 PM
Your response sounds positive.

I contacted Twinspires with an inquiry since I have a vested interest in the answer since they are my primary ADW provider and I received the following response:

We don't have an official contract for Keeneland yet but check back with us in the coming days. Thanks alot.

Sincerely,

1-877-774-7371

JustRalph
03-17-2009, 08:55 PM
I thought Keeneland said last meet, that they would not have an "exclusive" deal with anyone in the future?

Cangamble
03-18-2009, 08:24 AM

Sincerely,

1-877-774-7371

Did they really spell "alot" like that?

miesque
03-18-2009, 08:50 AM
Did they really spell "alot" like that?

I cut and pasted that response, so yes, they did really spell it as "alot". At least I was addressed properly in the salutation as Ms. followed by my last name, which is much better then some responses I get back with a butchered spelling of my first name as the salutation.

As far as my expectations are concerned, I pretty much group ADW availability for any track under the "I believe it when I see" category based on my experiences the past few years.

cj
03-18-2009, 09:17 AM
PTC had Keeneland last year.

rrbauer
03-18-2009, 09:30 AM
Keeneland has been generally available to all ADW's. Why would they change that? They understand the advantage of broad distribution and have benefited from it.

miesque
03-18-2009, 09:34 AM
Keeneland was not available on Twinspires for at least the last two meets other then via Phone Only (which meant account holders in states such as mine were unable to wager).

NoCal Boy
03-18-2009, 10:17 AM
Keeneland has been TVG exclusive for several years. PTC has the TVG exclusive content so they get it plus Youbet gets all the TVG content with their license agreement. I envision a Hollywood Park type of deal where TVG has TV exclusivity, but all the other national ADWs have the wagering signal.

Keeneland has been generally available to all ADW's. Why would they change that? They understand the advantage of broad distribution and have benefited from it.

rrbauer
03-18-2009, 01:00 PM
PTC has the TVG exclusive content so they get it.

What does that mean?

rrbauer
03-18-2009, 01:02 PM
Keeneland was not available on Twinspires for at least the last two meets other then via Phone Only (which meant account holders in states such as mine were unable to wager).

I believe that Keeneland was available to any ADW that wanted to pay Keeneland's price for the signal.