PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream Figs Too High?

michiken
03-17-2009, 12:09 AM
In the Tampa Bay Derby, three Gulfstream shippers ran out of the money. Their bris speed figures were as follows:

Hello Broadway 102

Warriors Reward 101

Bear's Rocket 101

Join the Dance posts a 93 at GP and finishes 2nd in this race?

Are they having problems with the timer again? Are these creating over inflated speed figures?

Or was it a succession of bad trips and horrible rides by the jockeys?

Is it due to the new track surface being only a few years old?

Is going to be like not trusting Keeneland Figures when it comes to the Derby?

Anyone paying attention to GP Horses performance as they ship out of Florida?

Also Ikigai ships to the Fairgrounds after running a 110 at Gulfstream and runs out.... disliked sloppy tracks?

Your opinions please.

redeye007
03-17-2009, 05:47 AM
I've used BRIS speed and pace figures for many years but never relied much on the speed figures. Their E1, E2, and LP figures are very good IMHO. Bris class figures and race rating figures used to point the way to many winners. I've studied their prime power rating and at times it identifies solid contenders. I don't believe raw bris speed figures alone are enough to identify the real contenders and more work should be done. I used to like the linear regression feature of their allways software. You taught it like you would teach a small child which variables were more important and which variables were less important in each type of race by telling it the finishes of the top 3 animals in a large sample of races and it adjusted the weight of the factors that support winning animals. I don't recall seeing too many custom MRA's that used Bris speed although it was one of the available factors. :)

BIG49010
03-17-2009, 01:13 PM
There is something about Tampa, the GP shippers don't do that good (also get over bet), but send a horse to AQU and they win. I agree tough to figure, LOL.

draynay
03-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Gulfstream horses do well at Churchill because they are both hard and very fast. Tampa is a deep track and plays nothing like Churchill.