PDA

View Full Version : Computer Generated Selections

cosmo96
03-16-2009, 09:20 PM
I am an experienced handicapper and horseplayer. I bet many races. I stay on top of the game. I've done it all handicapping every horse and race. I've used all the angles. I've used all the basics: speed, pace, class, trainer angles, track bias, workouts, etc. I've spent five hours on one card. I've used sheets, handicapping software, etc. I've done it all, and I've been successful.

Recently, I've switched to computer generated selections. Different handicappers run hot and cold. I redboard and go with who is hot. For me the most consistent programs are Keypony.com and Brisnet Wizard. I study their selections. I do a little of my handicapping, and most of the time I have a positive ROI. I make mostly win bets at 4-1 or better. I don't play chalk. Recently, I used Cal Horse. and hit a 30-1 at Santa Anita.

I say you don't make picks. You make probabilitys. If you have a big bankroll, and use good money management you will come out ahead. For me it is just as profitable to use good reliable computer selections with my own handicapping skills as to work four hours with the same results. I just want to win. Let me know what you think.

misscashalot
03-16-2009, 09:29 PM
It sounds as if youre on a good streak.

CincyHorseplayer
03-16-2009, 09:54 PM
I guess it depends on how much you like to handicap and then how often you play.

I love to handicap but it can make you weary day after day after day.But I still don't think I could get into selections.Half the fun is digging up the horses,the other half watching it unfold.Best game in the world.

Dave Schwartz
03-16-2009, 10:50 PM
Cosmo,

Actually, I like your thinking... which sounds alot like turning a "selector" into a high-level "factor" and trending the factor.

Of course, you may need more than two selectors but the concept makes more sense than many people will think.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

markum77
03-16-2009, 11:14 PM
I do the same. I get high quality selections and then put my years of exp to use... no computer can take into acct all factors but a good set of contenders is a greatplace to start.