PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James

cj's dad
03-16-2009, 01:23 PM
How does he compare to your top 5 NBA players of all time:

My top five:

#1 - Michael Jordan - What's to be said?
#2 - Jerry West - Offensive and defensive player extraordinaire.
#3 - Wilt Chamberlain - His numbers are remarkable.
#4 - Bill Russell - Greatest shot blocker of all time
#5 - Walt Frazier -The wizard -Was there a better point guard?

I believe LBJ can surpass all of the above. If however, he goes to NY (90% he goes) will he be overwhelmed by unreasonable expectations, thus having his game suffer?

cmoore
03-16-2009, 01:49 PM
Lebron isn't going anywhere...That New York hype is espn just running their mouths..They have to talk about something I guess. Cleveland can offer Lebron 30 million more then any other team. Why would he leave Cleveland and start over some where else..New York is a long way away from competing for a championship. Now that the economy is hurting..The NBA salary caps are going to be reduced in 2010/2011 I believe..So Lebron will probably sign sooner then people think. The Cavaliers are setup for long term success. Wally Szczerbiak contract ends after this season..Ben Wallaces contract ends after next season..Mo Williams is locked in for 3 more seasons after this one. So there will be plenty of money to sign a top free agent to keep the Championship run alive and well..Lebron won't have a better situation out there..It's all about TITLES baby!!!!

Has there ever been a more hyped player coming into the NBA? He surpassed all expectations right out of high school. So even the New York media wouldn't shake Lebron..But that's something we will never know..Cuz he's staying right here in Cleveland..

He will only surpass Jordan if he wins titles..Hopefully this year will be the Cavaliers year..They have a 4 game lead in the loss column against Boston. Now we need to wrap up the best record in the NBA..Currently tied with LA..The Cavs have a ton of home games..So it's looking good..

cj
03-16-2009, 03:10 PM
I can't imagine anyone passing Jordan if for no other reason the 7 titles with an average surrounding cast.

magwell
03-16-2009, 04:14 PM
Cmoore..... your 100% right and Wade wont leave the Heat either, for the same reasons. :)

mountainman
03-16-2009, 07:15 PM
1)Michael Jordan- greatest player in history of team sports
2)Magic Johnson- nobody like him in uniqueness or versatility
3)Bill Russell- legendary defender got the better of Wilt
4)Larry Bird-great shooter, great passer, matchless competitive fire
5)Oscar Robertson-prototype 'big' guard left lasting impact on nba game

dutchboy
03-16-2009, 07:17 PM
Oscar Robertson was not bad. Three years of college before the 3 point shot and freshmen eligibility he averaged 35.1, 32.6 and 33.7

Julius Erving might be considered. There were a lot of great players who spent their careers in the ABA.

cmoore
03-16-2009, 10:30 PM
1)Michael Jordan- greatest player in history of team sports
2)Magic Johnson- nobody like him in uniqueness or versatility
3)Bill Russell- legendary defender got the better of Wilt
4)Larry Bird-great shooter, great passer, matchless competitive fire
5)Oscar Robertson-prototype 'big' guard left lasting impact on nba game

Lebron is more Magic like then Jordan..He passes the ball almost as good as some of the point guards in the league..

mountainman
03-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Lebron is more Magic like then Jordan..He passes the ball almost as good as some of the point guards in the league..
And both slightly suspect as shooters.

dav4463
03-17-2009, 01:19 AM
My top five:

1.Michael Jordan
2.Wilt Chamberlain
3.Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4.Larry Bird
5.Tim Duncan

I think LeBron's game will suffer when he loses some of his athleticism. The above players adapt and become even better and smarter in their later years.

I would rank him below these 5 plus

Kobe Bryant, Oscar Robertson, Bill Russell, Julius Erving, Jerry West, Magic Johnson, Karl Malone and Shaquille O'Neal.....maybe a couple of others that I didn't think about yet.

LeBron is on a par with Dwayne Wade and Dirk Nowitski right now, but he has plenty of years left to move up on my list.

cmoore
03-17-2009, 02:59 AM
My top five:

1.Michael Jordan
2.Wilt Chamberlain
3.Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4.Larry Bird
5.Tim Duncan

I think LeBron's game will suffer when he loses some of his athleticism. The above players adapt and become even better and smarter in their later years.

I would rank him below these 5 plus

Kobe Bryant, Oscar Robertson, Bill Russell, Julius Erving, Jerry West, Magic Johnson, Karl Malone and Shaquille O'Neal.....maybe a couple of others that I didn't think about yet.

LeBron is on a par with Dwayne Wade and Dirk Nowitski right now, but he has plenty of years left to move up on my list.

Dirk Nowitski isn't even close to Lebron and Wade..Lebrons outside shot will continue to get better and he won't have to drive to the hoop as much..I heard Lebron has the top field goal percentage in the NBA in the paint. Around 70%..

rrbauer
03-17-2009, 11:38 AM
I seldom watch pro hoops. But, I do enjoy watching Lebron play....and he has a great future in TV commercials. "Dude was faking, I rest my case."

dav4463
03-17-2009, 10:35 PM
Dirk Nowitski isn't even close to Lebron and Wade..Lebrons outside shot will continue to get better and he won't have to drive to the hoop as much..I heard Lebron has the top field goal percentage in the NBA in the paint. Around 70%..

I've ragged on Dirk so much in the past that I felt I should give him a little credit!

chickenhead
03-18-2009, 02:10 AM
1. Sarunas Marciulionis
2. Manute Bol
3. Uwe Blab
4. Arvydas Sabonis
5. George Muresan

Dave Schwartz
03-18-2009, 02:26 AM
1.Michael Jordan
2.Wilt Chamberlain
3.Lebron James
4.Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
5.Oscar Robertson

RichieP
03-18-2009, 08:28 AM
1) Bill Russell
2) Oscar Robertson
3) Larry Bird
4) Michael Jordan
5) Julius Erving
:jump::jump:

cj's dad
03-18-2009, 09:05 AM
Oscar Robertson was not bad. Three years of college before the 3 point shot and freshmen eligibility he averaged 35.1, 32.6 and 33.7

Julius Erving might be considered. There were a lot of great players who spent their careers in the ABA.

Dutch- I don't know if you got to see the Big "O" play in the pros (I did), but I can tell you for a fact that while he was a great player, he got EVERY call (if he missed a shot in the paint, there was automatically a foul called) and also was the master of palming the ball (no call) and blatantly walked when driving to the hole (again no call).

Similar player as described above was Elgin Baylor.