PDA

View Full Version : Cheney says Obama increases threat of terrorism

dav4463
03-16-2009, 01:54 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/16/us/politics/16cheney.html?ref=politics

Of course, Democrats will say it is just Republicans using fear, but Cheney makes a good point. I know I felt safer with Bush in charge. He helped to keep us safe since 9/11 by not trying to "appease" the terrorists.

cj's dad
03-17-2009, 12:05 PM
The Israelis are the only ones who truly know how to respond to terrorism and that includes the U.S.

ddog
03-17-2009, 04:58 PM
REALLY, so those dudes who KILLED our guys in Iraq that we PAID off to join up with us or stand down from the killing of our guys, that wasn't appeasement or do you call that bribery and thus it doesn't fit?

Cheney is out of gvt now , he doesn't have the current info.
His views as it seems Bush came to see in the last several years were not holding up.

Even Bush was cutting him off at the knees.

Tom
03-17-2009, 07:03 PM
Hey dog, try something new - address the IDEA not the person.

Secretariat
03-17-2009, 08:36 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/16/us/politics/16cheney.html?ref=politics

Of course, Democrats will say it is just Republicans using fear, but Cheney makes a good point. I know I felt safer with Bush in charge. He helped to keep us safe since 9/11 by not trying to "appease" the terrorists.

Cheney has never made a good point much less tell the truth, and as far as GW the big problem is he didn't keep us safe on 911 (not to even mention his sorry response to Katrina when people were in crisis). So far there have been no terrorist attacks on American soil since Obama took office. What does that mean? Nothing.

JustRalph
03-17-2009, 08:37 PM
The Israelis are the only ones who truly know how to respond to terrorism and that includes the U.S.

Right on..........target.

This coupled with Defense Sec Gates announcing that he is cutting back on weapons purchases........... :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

ddog
03-17-2009, 08:41 PM
Hey dog, try something new - address the IDEA not the person.

I Can only quote the eternal truth that is Boxcar , work on your comprehension skills.

if you can't see the relation then so be it.

not my problem to get it simple for ya.

Tom
03-17-2009, 09:11 PM
Two posts, both attacking people and ignoring ideas.
I guess I am not surprised.

witchdoctor
03-18-2009, 08:44 AM
Doesn't make since to have Chaney put out this charge. If terrorist attack the US, then the Republicans are on record saying "I told you so" If no attack, the Republicans can say " That's just Chaney being Chaney."

cj's dad
03-18-2009, 09:14 AM
Doesn't make since to have Chaney put out this charge. If terrorist attack the US, then the Republicans are on record saying "I told you so" If no attack, the Republicans can say " That's just Chaney being Chaney."

Gee, that's odd- politicians playing the win/win card.

slewis
03-18-2009, 09:45 AM
Two posts, both attacking people and ignoring ideas.
I guess I am not surprised.

OK Tom,

Here's one that doesen't attack anyone. Matter of fact, I'm sure when you read this, you'll feel warm and fuzzy and safe back in the Finger Lakes region,
that top terrorist target that it is.

What do you say about the Dept of Homeland Security when investigators use SS #'s of dead people, fake ID's, drivers licenses, etc to get LEGAL Passports? Does incompetant come to mind??

How's about if I tell you about a friend of mine who works for NW airline, when last year they needed to hire 100 people. The DHS was slow on doing the required backround checks required for clearance for airline work.
So what did they (DHS) do?? They told the airline, just hire them and issue the clearance, we're back logged and we'll get around to it eventually.
These people have credentials to work on planes, walk the tarmac, etc.
She is a flight attendant and told me she was scared to death knowing these people had access to planes.

Still feel warm and cozy???

Truth is, terrorist, Bin Laden included, need not attack us anymore, we've become very good at killing ourselves.

Now let me save you typing a reply, I'll do it for you:

Quote: "With the Dems in charge, the terrorists are right".

Tom
03-18-2009, 10:03 AM
So your solution is to back off on our vigilence?
Interesting.
That ought to Git'R Done.

delayjf
03-18-2009, 11:33 AM
Cheney is 100% correct. Anything measures taken that make the terrorist jobs easier - renders this country more vulnerable to terrorist attack and therefore less safe. That is an irrefutable fact.

cj's dad
03-18-2009, 12:01 PM
[QUOTE=slewis]

Truth is, terrorist, Bin Laden included, need not attack us anymore, we've become very good at killing ourselves.

QUOTE]

What does this mean ???

Drive by's ?
car accidents ?
suicide ?

What ??