PDA

View Full Version : Barack Obama-The Person

Steve 'StatMan'
03-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Preface:

I have volunteered to create Private Polls regarding President Barack Obama, this is one of several that will attempt to look at both sides of some issues. Again, this Poll is Private, your choices will not be seen.

Where there are Polls, I am also requesting that people DO NOT ADD PERSONAL POSTS within the Poll. Things can be discussed, if desired, in other threads. As spelled out in another thread, no arguing, cheerleeding, supporting, condeming, arguing, within these Poll threads themselves, Thank You. There are other opportunities to address specific issues.

This first Poll Question: Personal Opinion of Barack Obama The Person - Not the President

Greyfox
03-16-2009, 12:23 AM
Preface:

I have volunteered to create Private Polls regarding President Barack Obama, this is one of several that will attempt to look at both sides of some issues. Again, this Poll is Private, your choices will not be seen.

Where there are Polls, I am also requesting that people DO NOT ADD PERSONAL POSTS within the Poll. Things can be discussed, if desired, in other threads. As spelled out in another thread, no arguing, cheerleeding, supporting, condeming, arguing, within these Poll threads themselves, Thank You. There are other opportunities to address specific issues.

This first Poll Question: Personal Opinion of Barack Obama The Person - Not the President

We should have a poll on this board as to whether or not Steve 'Statman should have more than one poll on this board at one time. :ThmbDown:

Steve 'StatMan'
03-16-2009, 01:15 AM
Fair point. Feel free to ignore them, and feel free to take them down if needed.

Lotta animosity here in off-topic and in/from some posts. Thought it might be good to address it, in a non-partisan and equal way (which made twice the posts to keep the 'groups separated') and get some objectivity. I know most opinion polls others post here from supposedly professional sources have so many holes and slants to their questions, I distrust many of them. Even this group is only a small sample of the whole PA Board, let alone the U.S. and the rest of the world.

PaceAdvantage
03-17-2009, 01:25 AM
I appreciate what you are trying to do Steve. And I'm sure I've voted in ways that would surprise most who think they have me "pegged." But, it's an anonymous poll, as it should be...

Steve 'StatMan'
03-17-2009, 05:01 PM
Thanks Mike. I too, may have voted differently than some may think. As a person. Breaking my own rule, I do think he is a likeable person, and as another poster said in another thread, he'd be an interesting guy to sit and have a beer with.

Thats why a quite a few poll questons, just to narrow things down. As the early results seem to show, it isn't necessarily about the person, and we get a chance to gauge it for those that care.

Bubba X
03-17-2009, 05:25 PM
There are as many things I dilsike about Obama as those things I like. Maybe more.

The thing about him I admire most is that he is the luckiest politician in the last quarter century at least. He lucked into running for State Legislature, lucked into an open Senate seat, lucked out that the GOP didn't nominate either Giuliani or Romney and of course the tanked economy.

He's a smart, shrewed guy who beat the Clintons twice ()Bill asked him not to run in the State election back in the 90's). No modest feat.

On the other hand he more left than I care for.

Tom
03-17-2009, 07:08 PM
I like puking in my mouth more than I do that loser.

NJ Stinks
03-17-2009, 07:13 PM
I like puking in my mouth more than I do that loser.

Hopefully, I'll forget this before I hit the sack.