PDA

View Full Version : New CEO at PTC

rrbauer
03-15-2009, 04:43 PM
Dwayne Yuzik. Formerly GM at Portland Meadows. Another Magna alumnus.

betovernetcapper
03-15-2009, 09:37 PM
:lol:

cj
03-15-2009, 09:43 PM
For those wondering, I stopped providing the figures to PTC when the changes took place. I kept them going for a few weeks, but I never heard a single word from the new guys in charge. Therefore, I assumed they no longer wanted them.

InsideThePylons-MW
03-15-2009, 10:35 PM
I can't even imagine what awful act against humanity Ian must have committed for him to be let go and replaced by a former Magna racetrack GM.

:faint:

DJofSD
03-15-2009, 10:48 PM
A quick search of the internet turned up the following from here: (http://blog.oregonlive.com/tailgate/live_blogs/)

Live From Portland Meadows: Last Post of the Day, So To Speak
Posted by Ryan White May 01, 2007 17:16PM
Categories: Live Blogs

Dwayne Yuzik found me at Mike's bar about half an hour ago. He's the general manager of Portland Meadows.

"You're killing me with these comments," he said.

He pushed a racing form in front of me and tried to explain the tidal charts. There's one column that's speed. It's got all kinds of different numbers, but it's speed, like in Madden. I mention Madden. Yuzik makes a face that correctly assumes I'm a dork. Yuzik points out a 97, which is nearly the Devin Hester of horses. That's a fast horse. See? It's easy.

In the eighth, I bet on Austere, which scored a 73 in the speed column its last trip out. It lost to Baquero's Barbie, which scored an 82 the last time out. See? It's easy.

Yuzik walked off and I continued to chat with Mike, this time over a beer, because the work day was done.

There's one more day of live racing left at Portland Meadows. It's Saturday. The first post is early, 11:05 a.m. They're hoping to get all the racing done before the 133rd Kentucky Derby. You can bet on that, too.

There will be a band, and a bourbon tent and a buffet special and barbecue. If you haven't been, think about it. It was quiet today. They're expecting a lot of people on Saturday. Mike placed the liquor order today, so they won't run out.

As Bukowski said, "Good day at the track."

It appears this guys been around -- and I don't mean that in a good way. How many different places has this guy worked?

DeanT
03-15-2009, 10:59 PM
What will happen more quickly, the economy bouncing back, or "file not found" be changed under the handicapping tab?

chickenhead
03-16-2009, 01:48 AM
"Horse racing people, it's just a different game, and it appeals to a different type of person, and you have to be more knowledgeable," says Bob Whelan, a Portland economist who studies gambling.

"The industry as a whole . . . did a terrible job of cultivating younger players or attracting younger people," he says.

Dwayne Yuzik, general manager of Portland Meadows, knows that (slot) machines are the future.

http://www.katu.com/news/10287897.html

ryesteve
03-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Dwayne Yuzik, general manager of Portland Meadows, knows that (slot) machines are the future.
Great... so how soon before PTC gets converted to an online bingo site? :rolleyes:

markum77
03-16-2009, 10:16 AM
To be fair, it has the best software of all and the greatest people, or used to have the greatest, but getting money in there was an issue. I called a few times and they told me the guy that takes money is at lunch or had left for the day or was gone for the weekend. Im not sure who owned it but I thought it was Pete or Ian. Evidently not. They automated everything but the money issue. When they did it was like 3 days to get it drawn from the bank. Than would have helped if it was real time.

Stretch Out
03-16-2009, 12:20 PM
I agree that the funding issues are biggest drawback to using PTC. ACH deposits can take up to a week to hit your account. I use my debit card sometimes, but I know sometimes that you are out of luck to make a deposit after 6PM Eastern. Otherwise I like the interface and you can't beat the rebates.

I juggle between Xpressbet( for video) and PTC. Xpressbet will give a 1-2% rebate if you push 8K in a month, plus you have the Instant cash option.

rrbauer
03-24-2009, 06:26 PM
I've been scouring around. My info is that Yuzik was terminated by Magna. I really don't see what this guy brings to the table as far as an ADW is concerned. What are his ADW credentials? NADA!

Wes Berman who has contacted me twice and who has been unable to deliver other than getting a ACH deposit (that I made on Wednesday), approved so I could bet on Saturday (Youbet takes about 10 seconds and doesn't charge me any juice). Berman told me he would have a response to my post concerning the HUGE BUG in the dutching queue management that allows bets to be placed that you're trying to cancel. NADA. Berman also told me that communicating via email was difficult for him because he wasn't very adept at PC's. (Are you friggin' kidding me?)

CJ has pulled his reports. They never even had the courtesy to contact him about continuing.

I think PTC's chances at getting Riddell's Keeneland clocker and handicapping reports are the infamous deuce: Slim and None.

Black hole coming. IMO.

DJofSD
03-24-2009, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the update. I would not know otherwise but you could be the only one interested enough to dig for these little items of interest.

trying2win
03-24-2009, 08:46 PM
PTC should follow the innovative approach to rebates that racebook BET JAMAICA has incorporated...i.e. they add your rebate onto each bet as you make it...no waiting for a day or week to get your rebates. I like that approach.

In conclusion, if BET JAMAICA can follow the rebate formula listed above, the technologoy obviously exists if PTC or any other ADW wanted to add on rebates to each bet immediately as well.

T2W

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
~"Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.'

--Steve Jobs

stuball
03-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Am I hearing that right? Has trouble with PC's and sending e-mail...so much for the slogan For Handicappers by Handicappers....LOL.

Stuball

trying2win
03-24-2009, 09:33 PM
No email support for customers? Ya mean we gotta phone long distance everytime we want to make an inquiry about something? If so, tsk! tsk! :ThmbDown:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
~"Persons with mediocre accomplishments are quick to explain why they haven't, why they don't, why they can't, and why they aren't."

--David J. Schwartz Ph. D. and author of THE MAGIC OF THINKING BIG

BillW
03-24-2009, 09:55 PM
Am I hearing that right? Has trouble with PC's and sending e-mail...so much for the slogan For Handicappers by Handicappers....LOL.

Stuball

"for handicappers, by handicapped" :rolleyes:

rrbauer
03-25-2009, 07:10 AM
Thanks for the update. I would not know otherwise but you could be the only one interested enough to dig for these little items of interest.

You're probably right DJ. They go from a very transparent operation with a policy of open communications to an operation that is zombie-like. With this change in management, I believe that the concept of an ADW "by players, for players" is a thing of the past.

hencicleva
03-25-2009, 07:57 AM
I signed up last Tuesday and it was the following Monday when my ACH transfer showed up at PTC. (It was debited from my account the next day).

Since then I absolutely love the wagering interface and rebates which apear to be credited immediately after the race result goes official.

My only concern is the safety of the money I have on deposit, given all the rumours etc. on this board and the debacle in New Hampshire.

rrbauer
03-25-2009, 09:19 AM
Since then I absolutely love the wagering interface and rebates which apear to be credited immediately after the race result goes official.

Rebate amounts show up on the "today's wagers" lists but do not go into accounts for use until after a later/overnite process has occurred.

Cangamble
03-25-2009, 09:32 AM
Rebate amounts show up on the "today's wagers" lists but do not go into accounts for use until after a later/overnite process has occurred.
That is better than HPI. They used to give their paltry rebates once a month but have now changed to once a week. I don't even qualify for HPI rebates because I don't live in their home market area.
If I bet through HPI this year (just to play Woodbine), I think I'll open an account in my aunt's name. She lives in the Toronto area. Or I may just continue to focus on rebate tracks and forget about Woodbine.