PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct R9 Bonus Size

Bobzilla
03-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Bonus Size in the last race actually has hidden form and up until his most recent race had been running against better. Unfortunately for BS, he's rather pace dependent, and in his last was 21 back at the 1/4 after a bad break and 8 3/4 back at the half which was run in a ridiculously slow 49 4/5. Though he wasn't enticed to do much running at the end of the race through the presence of tiring foes he still brought it home in 29 3/5 for the last 2f 70 yards. Rosie stays and if an actual decent early pace should befall upon another Aqueduct Inner Route race this month than I hope it's this one with Bonus Size off at 30/1.

Much of the enterprising riding I saw at Aqueduct the beginning of the meet seems to have gone, particularly in the routes, and it's become increasingly difficult for pace dependent types to make their presence known. On some days this might have been attributed to the track, as biases do occur from time to time, but more often than not when many are jumping to conclusions about biases it's often just the dynamics of the race and someone isn't being sufficiently challenged who should be. In races where Senor Dominguez will be either on the front or close to it the races have been holding their structure pretty tight (opposite of chaos).

Though my gut tells me everyone will allow Tiger D.R. to visit Burger King and have it his way, I'm hoping that a few in here can at leaast make this race somewhat interesting. It seems that recently 80% of the events I've been thinking there might be some contention there has been anything but.

BELMONT 6-6-09
03-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Nice selection... a fast closing third.It was a live horse and that is good.

Bobzilla
03-15-2009, 06:28 PM
Thanks Zappi. Race 9 went pretty much the way I was afraid it would go with a 49 half and favorite Tiger D. R. setting up shop on the front. My own variant for the day had the track on the fast side and Bonus Size would have benefitted from a half in something like 47 to 47 3/5 perhaps, which wasn't likely to happen. Hopefully Bonus Size can carry this hidden form to the Aqueduct Main track and I hope he gets pace next time he's off at 40.50/1.