PDA

View Full Version : Rachel Alexandra...

Lasix67
03-14-2009, 04:17 PM
Wow!!!This filly is the real deal. I've seen her run at Oaklawn and destroy the field and she just crushed the field in the Fairgrounds Oaks, as C. Borel just showboated for the last 1/16 of a mile. I think she's good enough to give the boys a run for their money in the Derby.

Watcher
03-14-2009, 04:20 PM
AvuCvn5suKo

toussaud
03-14-2009, 04:32 PM
Wow!!!This filly is the real deal. I've seen her run at Oaklawn and destroy the field and she just crushed the field in the Fairgrounds Oaks, as C. Borel just showboated for the last 1/16 of a mile. I think she's good enough to give the boys a run for their money in the Derby.

she's been my derby horse since the martha washington

rrbauer
03-15-2009, 11:03 AM
RA is a nice filly who has gotten some physical benefits by being a January foal. Her style is reminiscent of Big Brown: A front-runner that keeps on going. I don't see running her against the boys going 1 1/4 miles on the first Saturday in May when she can run against her own kind the day before at a furlong less distance for $500K. Now if the only competition was coming from Calif then I might rethink that because that bunch in yesterday's San Felipe were some slow animals.

joanied
03-16-2009, 07:54 PM
Seems there are a few fillies with trainers/owners that have been dreaming roses...I watched Rachel A on TV and actually stood:jump: up yelling for her...what more can you say other than WOW:ThmbUp: she's awesome...when or IF she meets up with Stardom Bound...geeze, what a great match up that'll be...in the OAKS...and if all stay sound & happy...can you imagine what the BC Distaff will be like:jump:

classhandicapper
03-17-2009, 03:53 PM
This looks like a very strong crop of colts. I don't think she has much of a shot in the Derby unless everyone else is peaking too soon.

joanied
03-17-2009, 04:50 PM
This looks like a very strong crop of colts. I don't think she has much of a shot in the Derby unless everyone else is peaking too soon.

I think IF she goes in the Derby, she has a hell of a good shot to at least get on the board...but, looks like they'll keep her with the fillies and go in the Oaks...probably a good thing.

Toss_DeLoser
03-18-2009, 12:22 AM
Got a real good look at her Saturday in the paddock. She appeared "light" in the hind end. Definitely not filled out and cut. Cool as cool could be, classy. Wonder just how good she'll be when she grows up.

joanied
03-18-2009, 02:55 PM
Got a real good look at her Saturday in the paddock. She appeared "light" in the hind end. Definitely not filled out and cut. Cool as cool could be, classy. Wonder just how good she'll be when she grows up.

If she is 'light' in the hind end...sure isn't any problem...some fillies are just like that, and she does need time to 'grow up'...I just went over to pedigree query to see a photo of her...but it was not working for some reason:mad: ...I have not seen a still photo of her as yet...but I'll take your word on it :)

CincyHorseplayer
03-18-2009, 04:21 PM
If she is 'light' in the hind end...sure isn't any problem...some fillies are just like that, and she does need time to 'grow up'...I just went over to pedigree query to see a photo of her...but it was not working for some reason:mad: ...I have not seen a still photo of her as yet...but I'll take your word on it :)

She might look a little skinny in the tail but she looks powerful everywhere else Joanie.

http://drf.com/images/Rachel-Alex_400x290_21509.jpg

joanied
03-18-2009, 08:11 PM
Cincy....thanks :) for that photo...that is an awesome shot of her....you can see the power...maybe she's light in the hind end, but she may have a good gaskin. Hell of a filly:ThmbUp:

CincyHorseplayer
03-19-2009, 12:21 AM
Cincy....thanks :) for that photo...that is an awesome shot of her....you can see the power...maybe she's light in the hind end, but she may have a good gaskin. Hell of a filly:ThmbUp:

A Gaskin???

Is that the "G" spot on a filly or mare???:cool:

joanied
03-19-2009, 10:20 AM
A Gaskin???

Is that the "G" spot on a filly or mare???:cool:

Except that this 'G' spot runs along the bottom of the hind leg...between the hock and the stifle...and a good gaskin produces power....and not to get X :eek: rated...that's all I'll say:D

FlyinLate
03-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Owner has stated she will not go to the derby. Said she's too good of a filly to risk running with 19 boys in a race.

Looks like we may see one hell of an Oaks race this year. Stardom Bound, Rachel Alexandra, Laragh, Just Jenda...

draynay
03-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Owner has stated she will not go to the derby. Said she's too good of a filly to risk running with 19 boys in a race.

Looks like we may see one hell of an Oaks race this year. Stardom Bound, Rachel Alexandra, Laragh, Just Jenda...

Rachel has more experience at Churchill than any other horse going to Kentucky the first week of May. I hope California bets Stardom Bound until their wallets hurt because none of them are going to catch Rachel Alexandra... not to mention she has the best jockey you could have aboard at Churchill. ;)

strapper
03-19-2009, 01:04 PM
I think she can take Stardom Bound. Whether or not her connections should opt for the Derby is debatable. I know some fillies have done it in the past but with the memory of Eight Belles fresh in folks minds I hope they go for the Oaks.

CincyHorseplayer
03-19-2009, 03:47 PM
Except that this 'G' spot runs along the bottom of the hind leg...between the hock and the stifle...and a good gaskin produces power....and not to get X :eek: rated...that's all I'll say:D

I hope you know I'm just joking.Not trying make it fullblown x-rated status!I thought that was a nice setup conversation piece though.Opportunism at it's worst I suppose!!

joanied
03-19-2009, 08:19 PM
I hope you know I'm just joking.Not trying make it fullblown x-rated status!I thought that was a nice setup conversation piece though.Opportunism at it's worst I suppose!!

Cincy...yep...I know you were making a funny:D me too:D Maybe we're not cut out to be comedians;)

joanied
03-19-2009, 08:26 PM
Flyinlate...It's OK with me they won't run Rachel in the Derby...why take a chance with her...the Oaks holds as much prestige for a filly as does the Derby for colts... and as mentioned...the Oaks looks to be one hell of a great race...if they stay sound & healthy.

draynay...it has nothing to do with her experience at Churchill...or even her ability...as we all know, anything can happen in a field of 20...better to be safe than sorry...but, ya never know, they may change their minds at the last minute.

draynay
03-19-2009, 09:05 PM
Flyinlate...It's OK with me they won't run Rachel in the Derby...why take a chance with her...the Oaks holds as much prestige for a filly as does the Derby for colts... and as mentioned...the Oaks looks to be one hell of a great race...if they stay sound & healthy.

draynay...it has nothing to do with her experience at Churchill...or even her ability...as we all know, anything can happen in a field of 20...better to be safe than sorry...but, ya never know, they may change their minds at the last minute.

Why do people say it has nothing to do with experience or ability when it really does. You can't say it doesn't matter that a horse has a Graded Stakes win on the course when others have never touched the surface before. You can't say the jockey doesn't matter when you are talking about Calvin Borel at Churchill.

Everything matters if it helps lead you to the winner and things like ability, experience on the surface, jockey, times, and distance all matter.

CincyHorseplayer
03-19-2009, 10:27 PM
Why do people say it has nothing to do with experience or ability when it really does. You can't say it doesn't matter that a horse has a Graded Stakes win on the course when others have never touched the surface before. You can't say the jockey doesn't matter when you are talking about Calvin Borel at Churchill.

Everything matters if it helps lead you to the winner and things like ability, experience on the surface, jockey, times, and distance all matter.

Nobody has a monopoly on opinions either.She disagrees with you and she's entitled to.If you want people to respect your opinion,respect theirs instead of jamming it up everybody's a$$ til the wheels come off.

draynay
03-19-2009, 10:56 PM
Nobody has a monopoly on opinions either.She disagrees with you and she's entitled to.If you want people to respect your opinion,respect theirs instead of jamming it up everybody's a$$ til the wheels come off.

Relax Cindy if Joanied has a problem with what I said I am sure she will let me know. Is it your job to police the board? Racing has NOTHING to do with experience or ability.... what? Silly me for pointing out statements like that go against what every handicapper is taught on day one.

Cindy chill..... :cool:

PaceAdvantage
03-19-2009, 11:27 PM
Why is it that every incident of a guy who comes on here and proceeds to rack up 50+ posts in the space of 48 hours always plays out the same exact way in the end?

You NEVER see a guy come on here, post 50+ times in less than 48 hours, and have everyone patting him on the back and asking him "Where have you been all our lives?"

That NEVER happens...:lol:

eastie
03-20-2009, 07:43 AM
Hopefully we'll get to see some of this good stuff in the Alabama. Nothing better looking than 3 year old fillies in August.

draynay
03-20-2009, 08:38 AM
Why is it that every incident of a guy who comes on here and proceeds to rack up 50+ posts in the space of 48 hours always plays out the same exact way in the end?

You NEVER see a guy come on here, post 50+ times in less than 48 hours, and have everyone patting him on the back and asking him "Where have you been all our lives?"

That NEVER happens...:lol:

I am just here to talk horses I will keep it to a low roar. ;)

joanied
03-20-2009, 06:53 PM
Relax Cindy if Joanied has a problem with what I said I am sure she will let me know. Is it your job to police the board? Racing has NOTHING to do with experience or ability.... what? Silly me for pointing out statements like that go against what every handicapper is taught on day one.

Cindy chill..... :cool:

Yes...she :p will... and you read my post all wrong, draynay...I am not saying that experience and/or ability means nothing in the Derby...I am saying that Rachel's trainer decided not to run her in the Derby and that desision has nothing to do with her experience and/or ability to maybe win the Derby...that her trainer decided not to run her in the Derby was about her being in the middle of a pack of 19 other horses...and he wants to keep her safe and sound.

Do you really think that I, or anyone that's a race person, would actually beleive that experience and abilty means nothing in the Kentucky Derby?

You reading my post wrong is not surprising anyway...you got Cincy's name wrong....not Cindy....cincy, cincy, cincy:faint:

joanied
03-20-2009, 06:56 PM

Thank you, Cincy:ThmbUp: ....he got my post all wrong...and he got your name wrong too...he ain't reading us right:bang:
:)

CincyHorseplayer
03-20-2009, 11:17 PM
Thank you, Cincy:ThmbUp: ....he got my post all wrong...and he got your name wrong too...he ain't reading us right:bang:

No problem Joainie.I'm just surprised he was able to go an ENTIRE post without mentioning Big Brown.

You know what they say Draynay="If it's brown,flush it down":D

joanied
03-21-2009, 10:48 AM
No problem Joainie.I'm just surprised he was able to go an ENTIRE post without mentioning Big Brown.

You know what they say Draynay="If it's brown,flush it down":D

Your funny, Cincy:lol: ....
I replied to him about reading my post all wrong...but as you can see...no word back as yet :eek:

draynay
03-21-2009, 11:21 PM
Cincy....got it....

Joanied... got it...

ps..... Big Brown ! :cool:

nijinski
03-22-2009, 02:03 AM
It is actually part owner , breeder D. Morrison who said he will not race her in the Derby.I think his decision is wise and I hope he dosen't succumb to the
fever and change his mind.
Other than the European classic distance grass races where they breed for
stamina ,the fillys should not be subjected to the large and tempered fields
of the Classics here on dirt.
We discussed this on another forum where most have not seen the rough
riding.
If you can find the vid ,watch Cordero take out Genuine Risk in the Preakness
stretch , he didn't have to, she was beaten anyway.
The other fiasco wa Forty Niner and Winning Colors .Can't just blame
W Stephens, Day was just as guilty and they ended up both losing.
Other Than Rags To Riches , who never really was quite the same after the Belmont there is has been much drama. Alot more testosterone I guess.

joanied
03-22-2009, 10:40 AM
Cincy....got it....

Joanied... got it...

ps..... Big Brown ! :cool:

Cincy....you got it!
joanied....you got it!
Big Brown....:faint:

How about my explaining my post about ability & experience in the Derby...did you get that as well?

joanied
03-22-2009, 10:44 AM
It is actually part owner , breeder D. Morrison who said he will not race her in the Derby.I think his decision is wise and I hope he dosen't succumb to the
fever and change his mind.
Other than the European classic distance grass races where they breed for
stamina ,the fillys should not be subjected to the large and tempered fields
of the Classics here on dirt.
We discussed this on another forum where most have not seen the rough
riding.
If you can find the vid ,watch Cordero take out Genuine Risk in the Preakness
stretch , he didn't have to, she was beaten anyway.
The other fiasco wa Forty Niner and Winning Colors .Can't just blame
W Stephens, Day was just as guilty and they ended up both losing.
Other Than Rags To Riches , who never really was quite the same after the Belmont there is has been much drama. Alot more testosterone I guess.

Good points...about fillies in the Derby....except that Rags was injured, and that is why she was never the same...and in the Belmont, she didn't have 19 colts surrounding her...so, let's toss her out.
But there have been a few other fillies in the Derby, and my memory has just failed me:blush: can't think of who they were....but they were swallowed up in the field.
Wether it's Rachel's trainer or owner...their desision not to run her is a good one....hell, they can sure run her agianst the boys later in the season.