PDA

View Full Version : Will BO's new Ally be Russia?

boxcar
03-14-2009, 11:34 AM
Given BO's recent foreign policy decisions, one is led to wonder if he'll eventually offer Russia some bases on U.S. soil to accommodate their lust for world domination? Wouldn't surprise me any. Ideologically, BO has more in common with Putin than he does with the principles of freedom and limited government laid out in the U.S. Constitution.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090314/ap_on_re_eu/eu_russia_bombers_cuba

Boxcar

JustRalph
03-14-2009, 04:25 PM
I saw this on the Msnbc site and the hair on the back of neck did that little dance they used to do on a mean looking traffic stop.............

PaceAdvantage
03-14-2009, 06:19 PM
It's amazing how much maneuvering the rest of the world is able to pull off now that Bush is gone. Chavez is taking over American companies in Venezuela, Russia is moving bombers into Cuba and Venezuela....50 days in and we're really rolling now as a country, aren't we?

Steve 'StatMan'
03-14-2009, 06:32 PM
I was right. America really did add a big Dupe Me sign on it's back, to go with the Kick Me sign. Well, many of you got what you wanted. Now we're all going to get it. Many of you whined that we lost respect in the world and with our allies. So now we're doing the same failed things that our ally countries we normally need to bail out are doing. We made them happy, because misery loves company, and they wanted to be reassured that their failed foreign policy was 'the right path'. Thanks a lot. This is why I and many people in the center and right don't care what the public in Europe thinks about us. Now within the next 8 years, are you sure the American Public and the European public will be safe and strong in the world? I doubt it, without a serious wake up call. We are now the United States Of Pussies.

jballscalls
03-14-2009, 06:40 PM
[QUOTE=Steve 'StatMan' Now within the next 8 years, are you sure the American Public and the European public will be safe and strong in the world? I doubt it, without a serious wake up call. We are now the United States Of Pussies.[/QUOTE]

you mean the next 4 years right?? at this rate, Obama will have no shot in 2012. And the puscification of america started before Obama, really got going sometime in the Clinton years imho

DanG
03-14-2009, 07:07 PM
It's amazing how much maneuvering the rest of the world is able to pull off now that Bush is gone.
I hate to breakup this GOP convention; but we do have convenient memories of the last administration imo…

Bush looked into Putin's eyes and liked what he saw.

"I looked the man in the eye. I found him to be very straightforward
and trustworthy. We had a very good dialogue. I was able to get a
sense of his soul; a man deeply committed to his country and the best
interests of his country. And I appreciated so very much the frank
dialogue.

There was no kind of diplomatic chit-chat, trying to throw each other
off balance. There was a straightforward dialogue. And that's the
beginning of a very constructive relationship. I wouldn't have invited
him to my ranch if I didn't trust him. (Laughter.) " - G.W. Bush

Steve 'StatMan'
03-14-2009, 07:11 PM
you mean the next 4 years right?? at this rate, Obama will have no shot in 2012. And the puscification of america started before Obama, really got going sometime in the Clinton years imho

Oh I sure hope so!

Steve 'StatMan'
03-14-2009, 07:17 PM
I hate to breakup this GOP convention; but we do have convenient memories of the last administration imo…

Yes. You are right. Frankly though, Putin couldn't help but see the serious stuggles that Bush faced at home over him and our military actions above, splashed all over the media and seemingly everywhere in the media. So as soon as he and his hand-picked successor found the opportunity, they started turning the screws knowing Bush and his party no longer had the support of the Media, the Public, and the Congress with their mutual feeding frenzy/Kick The President Party ("Don't worry, It's only Bush.") Why would Putin respect us and our miliatry might anymore? He started moving to fill the growing void at the end of GWB's term, fully expecting that if Obama or Clinton won election, is was full steam ahead. Why wouldn't Chavez, Putin & Associates, and the Castros think "We...Could...Go...All The Way!" Sadly, in order to play Good Cop/Bad Cop effectively, you need to keep those that play Bad Cop around. Sad, but it just is. Now we're starting to have Good Cop/Keystone Cop.

JustRalph
03-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Dan, you make a valid point. But Putin never pushed or prodded Bush like they are doing with Obama. This is the challenge that Biden spoke of. The gang has gotten together and they are doing it all in unison.

Korea is going to fire a missile

Iran fly's a drone over Iraq and we shoot it down

ships being prodded by the Chinese

Russian Bombers going into Cuba

From the Krauthammer article posted by ArlJim
"walk softly, humiliate yourself, and carry no stick" this seems to be our current posture to the world.

Charles Krauthammer describes this blunder much better than I could;
"This is smart diplomacy? This is a debacle. The Russians dismissed it contemptuously.

Look, if we could get the Iranian nuclear program stopped with Russian's helping us in return for selling out the Poles and the Czechs on missile defense, I'm enough of a cynic and a realist to say we would do it the same way that Kissinger agreed to delegitimize and de-recognize Taiwan in return for a large strategic opening with China.

But Kissinger had it done. He had it wired. What happened here is it was leaked. The Russians have dismissed it. We end up being humiliated. We look weak in front of the Iranians, and we have left the Poles and Czechs out to dry in return for nothing.

The Czechs and the Poles went out on a limb, exposed themselves to Russian pressure, and we have shown that Eastern Europe is not as sovereign as it appears if the Russian influence is there, and we will acquiesce in what they consider their own sphere of influence.

This administration has prided itself, flattered itself on deploying smart diplomacy. "Smart diplomacy" is a meaningless idea, but if it has any meaning at all, it is not ever doing something as humiliating, amateurish, and stupid as this."

A Republican President would be on TV denouncing all of this. He would have given Chavez the proverbial finger via some speech and Carriers would be moving all over the world. Obama just today moved some carriers around but made no "official" announcement about it.......and didn't call anyone to task in a press conference. These things mean something. Obama is dancing in the White House to old Motown hits while the world moves around him.

DanG
03-14-2009, 09:02 PM
But Putin never pushed or prodded Bush like they are doing with Obama. This is the challenge that Biden spoke of. The gang has gotten together and they are doing it all in unison.

Korea is going to fire a missile

Iran fly's a drone over Iraq and we shoot it down

ships being prodded by the Chinese

Russian Bombers going into Cuba

I’m not defending this administration Ralph and your points are well taken. American history has shown that a dove foreign policy has actually “led” to more conflict then a more hawkish approach; I think we both agree there.

I just feel a need to chime in when I hear a president being defended who I have zero respect for.

All is fair in internet discourse; but sometimes these off-topic threads sound like the Knicks playing…the Knicks. Once in a while it’s good to mix in the Lakers or Celtics and that is my first and I hope my last NBA analogy of my life! :D

boxcar
03-14-2009, 10:56 PM

And your point is, Dan? How does Bush's naive assessment of Puton relate to current events? Which of Bush's actions signaled to Russia that it was perfectly okay for them to pursue a more global presence around the world?

Boxcar

Tom
03-15-2009, 12:04 AM
I would send up two missiles to drop the Korean launch, and let one accidentally hit Moscow.

As for China, I would move the whole damn fleet over there and take start showing them what real intimidation is.

And Iran, just tell Israel have at it.

BlueShoe
03-15-2009, 01:40 AM
As I have mentioned on previous threads,I still regard the new modern "Russia" as the old Soviet Union,and still retain a lifelong hatred of them.That former KGB hitman is still running things,and ideologically,Obama has more in common with Putin than with mainstream USA.Just what we need,another Cuban missile crisis.Only this is not 1962 and Obama sure as hell is not JFK,and Putin is not Kruschev.There will be no crisis if Russian aircraft and missiles return to Cuba;BO wont do a damn thing.Btw,this is another topic that I did not see mentioned on this forum,but did anyone else notice that the damn Chicoms hasseled and threatened one of our ships in the South China Sea?Iran,Russia,China;all the bad guys are thumbing their noses at us and our new so called Commander in Chief(?)

boxcar
03-15-2009, 02:35 AM
As I have mentioned on previous threads,I still regard the new modern "Russia" as the old Soviet Union,and still retain a lifelong hatred of them.That former KGB hitman is still running things,and ideologically,Obama has more in common with Putin than with mainstream USA.Just what we need,another Cuban missile crisis.Only this is not 1962 and Obama sure as hell is not JFK,and Putin is not Kruschev.There will be no crisis if Russian aircraft and missiles return to Cuba;BO wont do a damn thing.Btw,this is another topic that I did not see mentioned on this forum,but did anyone else notice that the damn Chicoms hasseled and threatened one of our ships in the South China Sea?Iran,Russia,China;all the bad guys are thumbing their noses at us and our new so called Commander in Chief(?)

Yup, I read about incident. But not to worry -- BO thinks all he has to do is crawl under the sheets and prostitute himself with our enemies and all will be well with America. BO has to be the most incompetent and, therefore, the most dangerous man in the U.S. And I mean this; for he is no friend of freedom, individual liberties or capitalism. We have a Marxist Monster sitting in the oval office!

Boxcar

DanG
03-15-2009, 09:38 AM
And your point is, Dan? How does Bush's naive assessment of Puton relate to current events?

Boxcar
It doesn’t relate to current events; it relates to quotes within this thread.

Enjoy your Sunday Box.

boxcar
03-15-2009, 11:28 AM
It doesn’t relate to current events; it relates to quotes within this thread.

You meant to say "quote" -- as in one, didn't you? And wasn't it this one, specifically?:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
It's amazing how much maneuvering the rest of the world is able to pull off now that Bush is gone.

Enjoy your Sunday Box.

With you around, how could I not possibly enjoy engaging you in a little dodge ball?

Boxcar

cj's dad
03-15-2009, 11:33 AM
I just feel a need to chime in when I hear a president being defended who I have zero respect for.

Last I heard, GWB didn't think too highly of you.:lol:

Tom
03-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by DanG

Dittos.
But Obummer the Clown.;)

Now Sec, please explain what I meant by Dittos. :bang:

DanG
03-15-2009, 02:07 PM
Dittos.
But Obummer the Clown.;)

Now Sec, please explain what I meant by Dittos. :bang:
I think its “mega-dittos” in PA off-topic Tom. :D