PDA

View Full Version : Need info

Milfredo
07-19-2001, 08:39 PM
Hi All,

Know this isn't the correct spot, but will make it short. Anybody offer advice on a good sports handicapping software?
I ask here because of my respect for those who post on this board, some of the most thoughtful and insightful commentarty available on the net that I have seen. Please forgive me for being a little off subject, but wanted to get some solid input.
Baseball, basket ball and football.....can you help?

Thanks a million.
Milford

MikeH
07-19-2001, 10:11 PM
Hi Milfredo -

1) I would try the Gamblers' Book Store in Las Vegas: 702/382-7555 or
http://www.gamblersbook.com.

2) I purchased a program from Gamblers' Book Store in 1997 for basketball for $50. It made me realize how little I knew about the game, and I didn't buy the 1998 version. But, it seemed like a good program (it made me think), and the company is still in business 4 years later (an eternity in the Computer Business.) They post weekly updates to their database, so you don't need to do a lot of data entry. The Company's name is MicroBrothers Software: http://www.microbro.com.

Good Luck!

Bobby
07-20-2001, 02:26 AM
Try www.sportrends.com. I know that they make good basketball software, & they claim to make good pro football software. Bobby

Milfredo
07-20-2001, 12:40 PM
Mike and Bobby,

Thanks for the response. I downloaded a demo of the microbrothers program and it looks very impressive. Will look into it more.
Haven't had a chance to look at sportstrend yet, but will soon.
Are there any serious sports bettors on this site? And does anyone know where to go to get to a sports handicapping board that's similar to the quality represented here at PaceAdvantage?
Thanks for the help.

Milford

andicap
07-20-2001, 05:53 PM
try. www.thelogicalapproach.com
they have software and rep isn't bad.

Dave Schwartz
07-20-2001, 06:28 PM
Andy,

LOL - I thought the link said, "Theological."

My first thought was, "Now that WOULD be different."

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

andicap
07-21-2001, 09:29 AM
I've tried THAT method. It doesn't work.