I cannot find the date of the race ?

Help !!

Monmouth Parks website is useless !!

Rocklane
03-12-2009, 09:43 PM
08/02/2009

Thomas Roulston
03-14-2009, 03:25 AM
When it gets closer to opening day at Monmouth, its web site will no longer be "useless."

DrunkenHorseplayer
03-14-2009, 05:06 AM
Go to breederscup.com, mouse over breeders' cup challenge, click on BC challenge schedule then click on graded and you can find the date of every graded stakes race this year.

cj's dad
03-16-2009, 02:26 PM
08/02/2009

Thanks.

And to TR - I'm pretty sure:rolleyes: that the Haskell is their signature event, so I would think that even in March, they would have SOME IDEA of when the race was going to be held. There ARE plans to be made by some wishing to attend.

Rocklane
03-16-2009, 04:22 PM
You are welcome cj's dad. Most track websites are mediocre at best. Maybe we should start a thread about best and worst websites. Have fun if you venture to MTH this summer.

Indulto
03-17-2009, 08:17 AM
http://www.monmouthpark.com/stakes_nominations.aspx

cj's dad
03-17-2009, 08:47 AM
http://www.monmouthpark.com/stakes_nominations.aspx

The site has been modified since my original post.

Besides, as you can read in a previous post, my question has been answered.

GlenninOhio
03-17-2009, 01:19 PM

Besides, as you can read in a previous post, my question has been answered.

So perhaps someone associated with the Monmouth site was reading this board? :ThmbUp:

cj's dad
03-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Apparently so Glenn. I don't think one should have to go to a great effort to find the date of the important race. Pimlico, as pitiful as their customer relations are, has the Preakness date plastered across the front of their site.

And please, no cards and letters from others; I know it is always the 3rd Saturday in May.

So perhaps someone associated with the Monmouth site was reading this board? :ThmbUp:

Indulto
03-17-2009, 03:19 PM

Besides, as you can read in a previous post, my question has been answered.As anyone can understand from your gracious response above, you were NOT the intended beneficiary.;)

Indeed there was a lag between the original media announcement and the website content. The same is still true of Pimlico, Philadelphia Park, and Penn National. I don't understand why the press releases don't always include -- and the Blood Horse, thoroughbred Times, and DRF don't always print -- the complete schedule along with their summary of what they regard as the most significant changes. For some reason the Pennsylvania track schedules sometimes don't always contain all the stakes for statebreds that ae run there and one has to go to the breeders' site for those.