PDA

View Full Version : 4th@Aqueduct Thurs: 4 Entries? What A Joke!

BombsAway Bob
03-12-2009, 12:26 PM
when will NYRA finally join the 21st century and end entries, avoiding the absolute nonsense like today's 4th race. Maiden $15k, 6F.. And There is NOT ONE, NOT TWO, NOT THREE, BUT FOUR Freakin' Entries! Why would you even TRY to handicap this race before the scratches come out? Are all the trainers hoping half of their entry gets a decent post? Give Me A BREAK! This isn't SARATOGA, trying to duck a potential monster running..it's BOTTOM-LEVEL Maidens! End the entries, stop these stupid Games...:ThmbDown:

SMOO
03-12-2009, 01:32 PM
when will NYRA finally join the 21st century and end entries, avoiding the absolute nonsense like today's 4th race. Maiden $15k, 6F.. And There is NOT ONE, NOT TWO, NOT THREE, BUT FOUR Freakin' Entries! Why would you even TRY to handicap this race before the scratches come out? Are all the trainers hoping half of their entry gets a decent post? Give Me A BREAK! This isn't SARATOGA, trying to duck a potential monster running..it's BOTTOM-LEVEL Maidens! End the entries, stop these stupid Games...:ThmbDown:

I agree, and it just limits betting too, you'd think they would figure that out.

samyn on the green
03-12-2009, 03:05 PM
It is more like end the entries and let the games begin. The entries protect the bettors from shenanigans. How many times have we seen a trainer in some other jurisdiction with two entries in a race have the favorite and instruct the jockey to get into a speed duel so the bigger price can win.

slew101
03-12-2009, 04:09 PM
It seems this practice soars during the winter months at Aqueduct. I don't see it as much at Belmont or Saratoga.