PDA

View Full Version : Youbet Conditional Betting

usafsso
03-11-2009, 03:11 PM
I saw today, Youbet has started to offer conditional betting. Haven't tried it. Like the idea, may not like the practice.

Wes

Bubba X
03-11-2009, 03:50 PM
I will use it but I an not really happy with more and more wagers getting batch dumped into pools with very little time to post or after races start running.

Just seems more and more wagering is accounted for after races begin. Maybe the youbet thing will have only a marginal effect but it's in the wrong direction.

I'd be thrilled if wagering was closed 1 minute before post time. I remember after the Fix Six scandal, one or more tracks took this action.

pktruckdriver
03-11-2009, 10:42 PM
I saw today, Youbet has started to offer conditional betting. Haven't tried it. Like the idea, may not like the practice.

Wes

Please explain :3x: :confused:

Patrick

usafsso
03-12-2009, 12:23 AM
From the site

We know you can’t always be at the tracks when you want to. Now, you can set up your bets in advance and put the odds in your favor by giving you a unique way to get down on value plays—on your terms with Conditional Wagering.

You can set minimum acceptable odds on ‘Win’ wagers with a sole betting interest, and minimum probable payoffs on straight Daily Double, Exacta, and Quinella wagers. Then you decide how many minutes before post your bet should go in. If your conditions aren’t met, your bet doesn’t go to the tote.

You can access this new feature by installing the latest version of WagerPadPro and looking for the Activate Conditional Wagering link during the wager submit. After that, just look for the Make Conditional check box when you build wagers. Get your bets down when you decide the odds are right—with Conditional Wagering.

rrbauer
03-12-2009, 10:01 AM
"You can set minimum acceptable odds on ‘Win’ wagers with a sole betting interest, and minimum probable payoffs on straight Daily Double, Exacta, and Quinella wagers. Then you decide how many minutes before post your bet should go in. If your conditions aren’t met, your bet doesn’t go to the tote."

Better late than never with conditional betting. What about dutching win bets or exacta bets? Still waiting on decent reporting of my bets with breakdowns by bet type and venue over selected date ranges. The latter is such a no-brainer that most programers could get it going in a day.

Bubba X
03-12-2009, 11:09 AM
"You can set minimum acceptable odds on ‘Win’ wagers with a sole betting interest, and minimum probable payoffs on straight Daily Double, Exacta, and Quinella wagers. Then you decide how many minutes before post your bet should go in. If your conditions aren’t met, your bet doesn’t go to the tote."

Better late than never with conditional betting. What about dutching win bets or exacta bets? Still waiting on decent reporting of my bets with breakdowns by bet type and venue over selected date ranges. The latter is such a no-brainer that most programers could get it going in a day.

Youbet.com does have a "My ROI" feature. They sent an email last year sometime and you needed to respond to have the feature activated on your account. I would think a call or e-mail to YB Customer Service would do the trick for you.

Here's a thread where the My ROI feature is shown and discussed a bit:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51803&page=1&pp=15

Ray2000
03-12-2009, 11:34 AM
I was in the beta testing. Youbet sent out a survey form yesterday asking for opinions.

They're trying to decide if it's free to Gold level and what to charge for others.

Told them I like it, but wouldn't pay $10/mo

This is the ROI feature... not the conditional wagering I'm refering to..

pktruckdriver
03-12-2009, 12:25 PM
I like the ROI feature, just wish it was able to handle more than 6 months at a time, , otherwords, handle all of 2007 and then 2008, that way i could see the years all at once.

I still can do it but need to break it down into 6 months intervals, not relly a big deal.

Conditional betting would be something someone like me, a truckdriver, would like to have, the old make it and forget it, rtight now I get burned alot with 7/2 or so ending up 2/5 3/5 4/5 or lower, now the exacta or double, seem to be straight plays not 2 horses over 3 horses exacta's or dd's , am i right in that?

Ok

Patrick

rrbauer
03-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Youbet.com does have a "My ROI" feature. They sent an email last year sometime and you needed to respond to have the feature activated on your account. I would think a call or e-mail to YB Customer Service would do the trick for you.

Here's a thread where the My ROI feature is shown and discussed a bit:

Thanks.
I sent them an email. But, if what Patrick says about the 6-mos-at-a-time limitation is correct, that sucks. Currently, I have to download bet detail from them, a month (31-day limitation) at a time, paste it in a spreadsheet, delete the cancelled bets and then export each file to my report application. At PTC I can pick whatever date range I want and get reports by bet type, by track, by date, whatever. And, I can copy/paste it or get it in PDF form.

notchback
03-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Thanks.
Currently, I have to download bet detail from them, a month (31-day limitation) at a time, paste it in a spreadsheet, delete the cancelled bets and then export each file to my report application.

How do you download the bet detail?

rrbauer
03-12-2009, 06:14 PM
How do you download the bet detail?

MY Account > Account Wagering Starement for the period that I want.

Then select/copy it and paste that into a blank spreadsheet.

hencicleva
03-13-2009, 11:06 AM

Do any ADW's offer a dutched win bet option?

rrbauer
03-13-2009, 11:39 AM

Do any ADW's offer a dutched win bet option?

PTC allows dutching of win bets, exacta bets and double bets.

rrbauer
03-13-2009, 10:43 PM
Thanks.
I sent them an email. But, if what Patrick says about the 6-mos-at-a-time limitation is correct, that sucks. Currently, I have to download bet detail from them, a month (31-day limitation) at a time, paste it in a spreadsheet, delete the cancelled bets and then export each file to my report application. At PTC I can pick whatever date range I want and get reports by bet type, by track, by date, whatever. And, I can copy/paste it or get it in PDF form.

Sent them email Friday afternoon (1 PM Calif time). As of Saturday night, 8PM Calif time, no response.

hencicleva
03-14-2009, 12:08 PM
Thank you Richard. I just tried the site demo. I'm not sure why rebates hasn't already been enough to tempt me, but I'm signing up next week now.

rrbauer
03-14-2009, 10:52 PM
Sent them email Friday afternoon (1 PM Calif time). As of Saturday night, 8PM Calif time, no response.

As of Sunday night, 8PM Calif Time, still no response.

ezrabrooks
03-15-2009, 06:43 AM
The Emperor has no clothes?

Ez

plainolebill
03-15-2009, 02:41 PM
I sent Youbet an email Thursday asking about the ROI feature and got a reply Friday telling me they would be rolling it out in April.

usafsso
03-16-2009, 02:36 AM
This sure got off topic.

I have been using it, and I guess it works, none if the bets have gone through.