PDA

View Full Version : Praying For Cash Sinking

Stevie Belmont
03-11-2009, 10:06 AM
Not sure if anyone posted on this. Praying for Cash popped up at Delta Downs last week in a 30G Optional claimer. Showed nothing finishing far behind in last. Fast horse at one time. Looks like he is headed to the bottom, where ever that may be.

supercap
03-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Not sure if anyone posted on this. Praying for Cash popped up at Delta Downs last week in a 30G Optional claimer. Showed nothing finishing far behind in last. Fast horse at one time. Looks like he is headed to the bottom, where ever that may be.

The owners DeRenzo and Hartley are big pinhookers and sellers. They should be ashamed to keep running this horse. They paid big money to buy out the partners in this horse and send him to stud. He was infertile and now it looks like they are going to try and get every pound of flesh they can. What a disgrace!

ryesteve
03-11-2009, 11:40 AM
What a disgrace!Is the horse unsound? If not, why is it disgraceful to race a racehorse?

supercap
03-11-2009, 11:48 AM
Is the horse unsound? If not, why is it disgraceful to race a racehorse?

Look at his form, does it remind you of a sound horse? He was a stakes caliber horse, now he is reduced to a mere 30k claimer , and even that is a stretch. Would you like to run him until he snaps his leg off?

supercap
03-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Look at his form, does it remind you of a sound horse? He was a stakes caliber horse, now he is reduced to a mere 30k claimer , and even that is a stretch. Would you like to run him until he snaps his leg off?

The fact he was beaten 51 lenghts his prior 2 and about 15 in this race , I stand by my pound of flesh statement. When he breaks down , there will be 10 posts on why was he still racing , what a shame , and all that kind of crap.
I do agree with you why not race a racehorse, problem is he no longer is one!!

big frank
03-11-2009, 02:48 PM
The fact he was beaten 51 lenghts his prior 2 and about 15 in this race , I stand by my pound of flesh statement. When he breaks down , there will be 10 posts on why was he still racing , what a shame , and all that kind of crap.
I do agree with you why not race a racehorse, problem is he no longer is one!! I agree ,,,, This horse may be sent to the slaughter house down the line... What a shame

ryesteve
03-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Look at his form, does it remind you of a sound horse?I'd prefer not to jump to conclusions about the horse's soundness, and start calling his connections "disgraceful", just on the basis of where he's been finishing...

When he breaks down , there will be 10 posts on why was he still racing , what a shame , and all that kind of crap.... but I give you credit for raising the flag now, rather than waiting to redboard it.

supercap
03-11-2009, 03:35 PM
I'd prefer not to jump to conclusions about the horse's soundness, and start calling his connections "disgraceful", just on the basis of where he's been finishing...
... but I give you credit for raising the flag now, rather than waiting to redboard it.
My disgraceful comment was based on the connections, they should know better then to keep this horse in training.

GlenninOhio
03-11-2009, 04:16 PM
The owners DeRenzo and Hartley are big pinhookers and sellers. They should be ashamed to keep running this horse. They paid big money to buy out the partners in this horse and send him to stud. He was infertile and now it looks like they are going to try and get every pound of flesh they can. What a disgrace!

Note that Hartley/DeRenzo stand The Green Monkey on their farm.

If he proves infertile (or if enough mare owners are smart enough to avoid breeding to him) maybe we see him back in training at some point.

I know the world can hardly wait for that. :sleeping:

onefast99
03-11-2009, 04:26 PM

If he proves infertile (or if enough mare owners are smart enough to avoid breeding to him) maybe we see him back in training at some point.

They were also involved in the original sale of the horse and missed getting him which would of netted them a lot of money. As far as Praying for Cash goes, he ran a decent 2nd last summer at Delaware park. The original connections on this horse was Kelly Breen,Bobby Hurley and company, he went by what Hurley told him to do, race the horse. When they finished 2nd in the Haskell to Bluegrass cat they acted as if they won the Kentucky Derby. Granted breen did a decent job with the horse but it seems Hurley had no tolerance for him or the original partners. If he is going bad then yes its time to retire him.

onefast99
03-11-2009, 04:31 PM
I'd prefer not to jump to conclusions about the horse's soundness, and start calling his connections "disgraceful", just on the basis of where he's been finishing...
... but I give you credit for raising the flag now, rather than waiting to redboard it.
Redboarding? Dont know many people who can tell you a horse will breakdown before it happens!

ryesteve
03-11-2009, 06:14 PM
Redboarding? Dont know many people who can tell you a horse will breakdown before it happens!But that sure doesn't stop a lot of people around here, every time there's a breakdown, from insisting they saw it coming...

supercap
03-11-2009, 08:31 PM

What does he stand for? bushel of carrots, some things should not be allowed to breed!!

onefast99
03-11-2009, 08:56 PM
But that sure doesn't stop a lot of people around here, every time there's a breakdown, from insisting they saw it coming...
There are a few that comment on horses that breakdown, but overall it happens rarely.

GlenninOhio
03-12-2009, 06:46 PM
What does he stand for? bushel of carrots, some things should not be allowed to breed!!

$5,000

Here are the "highlights" from his Stallion Directory page at Thoroughbred Times. :p

* The One They All Wanted

* "Demi O'Byrne ... fought off Sheikh Mohammed's determined bloodstock manager, John Ferguson, to grab the commercial market's biggest prize." -The Blood-Horse, on world record setter

* "The Green Monkey had great bone and the most perfect balance I have ever seen."-Demi O'Byrne

* "He did everything perfect. There was nothing you could find about him that you didn't like."-John Moynihan

WinterTriangle
03-12-2009, 07:04 PM
I have often wondered if there is a way to send a note to trainers/owners when you're wondering about something like this, or just to register that you noticed.

Any thoughts? It seems like a good horse would merit some *intervention* once in a while, even if it is only our words?

ryesteve
03-13-2009, 09:29 AM
I have often wondered if there is a way to send a note to trainers/owners when you're wondering about something like this, or just to register that you noticed.You'd probably be better off sending that note to the stewards and the track vet, since it's supposed to be their job to keep unsound horses off the track.

PaceAdvantage
03-13-2009, 07:40 PM
But that sure doesn't stop a lot of people around here, every time there's a breakdown, from insisting they saw it coming...Bingo!

PaceAdvantage
03-13-2009, 07:41 PM
My disgraceful comment was based on the connections, they should know better then to keep this horse in training.Actually, they DO know better, certainly better than YOU. That's why the horse IS in training.

Damn....

WinterTriangle
03-13-2009, 08:03 PM
There was another one here in the last year somebody talked about...horse hadn't had a layoff/rest in 2+ years. Now that's a bit much........

supercap
03-14-2009, 08:30 AM
Actually, they DO know better, certainly better than YOU. That's why the horse IS in training.

Damn....

How do you know? You know nothing about this animal. I happened to be a principal in the original ownership on him. I can tell you every pimple on the dam horse. So please if you are gonna say they know more than I do have some justification to your statement, otherwise you become just another poster looking for attention!

supercap
03-14-2009, 08:52 AM
Actually, they DO know better, certainly better than YOU. That's why the horse IS in training.

Damn....

Not for nothing , but your allegiance and defense of certain high profile horseman and there cronies is unprofessional. The Philly post on trainers ,you let a guy like Helmatag hang out to dry, not one defense of him. But you will stand by these guys like they are horse racing saviors. What gives?????

onefast99
03-14-2009, 10:51 AM
Not for nothing , but your allegiance and defense of certain high profile horseman and there cronies is unprofessional. The Philly post on trainers ,you let a guy like Helmatag hang out to dry, not one defense of him. But you will stand by these guys like they are horse racing saviors. What gives?????
I would agree on the philly stuff, especially someone saying that the racing office knows of the things that occurred in this trainers barn, I wonder if they have any idea at all what some of these trainers actually do in a 10 hour day and most of that day begins when most of us are fast asleep!

PaceAdvantage
03-14-2009, 06:00 PM
How do you know? You know nothing about this animal. I happened to be a principal in the original ownership on him. I can tell you every pimple on the dam horse. So please if you are gonna say they know more than I do have some justification to your statement, otherwise you become just another poster looking for attention!Do you still own him? How long has it been since you've seen the animal in question in the flesh?

PaceAdvantage
03-14-2009, 06:01 PM
Not for nothing , but your allegiance and defense of certain high profile horseman and there cronies is unprofessional. The Philly post on trainers ,you let a guy like Helmatag hang out to dry, not one defense of him. But you will stand by these guys like they are horse racing saviors. What gives?????Stop looking like a fool. Think before you post.

PaceAdvantage
03-14-2009, 06:02 PM
I would agree on the philly stuff, especially someone saying that the racing office knows of the things that occurred in this trainers barn, I wonder if they have any idea at all what some of these trainers actually do in a 10 hour day and most of that day begins when most of us are fast asleep!Again, another who is a little late on the uptake. Sorry I can't be on this board 24/7.

Everything has been properly taken care of. You can stop losing sleep now.

onefast99
03-14-2009, 06:09 PM
Again, another who is a little late on the uptake. Sorry I can't be on this board 24/7.

Everything has been properly taken care of. You can stop losing sleep now.
Your first sentence addressed this situation adequately enough. Thanks PA.

Mineshaft
03-14-2009, 06:11 PM
Someone call Hartley and DeRenzo and ask them about the horse so we can end this bullshit about the horse.

supercap
03-14-2009, 06:44 PM
Stop looking like a fool. Think before you post.

When you have to make disparaging remarks like that it says all I need to know! You have nothing worthwhile to say , so resorting to insults is your counter. Real Classy move on your part.

supercap
03-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Do you still own him? How long has it been since you've seen the animal in question in the flesh?

Once a horse is that good to you , I try and keep up on his well being, I know exactly what is going on with him. The horse world is a small one not hard to see and hear what is going on.

supercap
03-14-2009, 06:57 PM
Someone call Hartley and DeRenzo and ask them about the horse so we can end this bullshit about the horse.

What would you like me to ask them? Are you running an unsound horse? What do you think their answer will be? Look at his pps , he has gotten beat almost 60 lenghtshis last three! Do we really need to ask them? Let the animal retire with some respect!

PaceAdvantage
03-14-2009, 06:59 PM
When you have to make disparaging remarks like that it says all I need to know! You have nothing worthwhile to say , so resorting to insults is your counter. Real Classy move on your part.I took care of the thread in question that you ACCUSED me of leaving up on purpose as SOON as I saw it. Like I said, I can't be on here 24/7.

Thus, your post was foolish, as I rightly pointed out. Nothing disparaging about it at all.

PaceAdvantage
03-14-2009, 07:00 PM
Let the animal retire with some respect!Maybe they disagree with your armchair assessment. Did you ever think of that?

Maybe they will retire him. Or maybe they discovered what the problem was, or THINK they've discovered the problem.

Mineshaft
03-14-2009, 07:04 PM
What would you like me to ask them? Are you running an unsound horse? What do you think their answer will be? Look at his pps , he has gotten beat almost 60 lenghtshis last three! Do we really need to ask them? Let the animal retire with some respect!

If you still have an interest in the horse then you know hes either sound or not. I for one say hes sound thus hes still running. If he wasnt then i would think they would retire him. Maybe he doesnt want to run anymore i dont know. If i owned the horse i would geld him to see if that may make a difference.

supercap
03-14-2009, 09:13 PM
Maybe they disagree with your armchair assessment. Did you ever think of that?

Maybe they will retire him. Or maybe they discovered what the problem was, or THINK they've discovered the problem.

Can it be more blatant he does not want to run. Listen they bought us out and retired him to stud without fertility insurance,. Enters stud and is shooting blanks. Do you think they are a little upset that they paid almost 600000 and got zippo in return? Now , I promise you they will run the horse until they get every red cent from him. Hows that for an armchair assement!
What is your assessment ? we could take a poll on here and I would bet all the armchairs would reveal the same. These guys took the green monkey to stud! how qualified are they to assess a horse. There I go again ,armchair assessing , no wait that was common sense !!!!!

supercap
03-14-2009, 09:24 PM
I took care of the thread in question that you ACCUSED me of leaving up on purpose as SOON as I saw it. Like I said, I can't be on here 24/7.

Thus, your post was foolish, as I rightly pointed out. Nothing disparaging about it at all.
I asked you why you did not defend helmatag against these malicious charges ,but when i brought up the statement that the pfc connections were not doing the rtight thing you got all up in arms. Why not throw helmatag some gratis the way you do your boys?

Mineshaft
03-14-2009, 10:02 PM
Can it be more blatant he does not want to run. Listen they bought us out and retired him to stud without fertility insurance,. Enters stud and is shooting blanks. Do you think they are a little upset that they paid almost 600000 and got zippo in return? Now , I promise you they will run the horse until they get every red cent from him. Hows that for an armchair assement!
What is your assessment ? we could take a poll on here and I would bet all the armchairs would reveal the same. These guys took the green monkey to stud! how qualified are they to assess a horse. There I go again ,armchair assessing , no wait that was common sense !!!!!

They own the horse they can do what they want with him. If you want to retire him call Dean and buy the damn horse. Until them shut the hell up.

supercap
03-15-2009, 08:29 AM
They own the horse they can do what they want with him. If you want to retire him call Dean and buy the damn horse. Until them shut the hell up.

Now your gonna play tough guy? Another mindless post. Why dont you shut up, go jump in someone elses post and play tough guy.DO you think posting his first name makes you special? Oh I get it your on a first name basis with Dean! how sweet. Go crawl back in your hole.

Mineshaft
03-15-2009, 10:45 AM
Now your gonna play tough guy? Another mindless post. Why dont you shut up, go jump in someone elses post and play tough guy.DO you think posting his first name makes you special? Oh I get it your on a first name basis with Dean! how sweet. Go crawl back in your hole.

hey goofball either go buy the horse or move on kid. End of discussion

supercap
03-15-2009, 04:58 PM
hey goofball either go buy the horse or move on kid. End of discussion
I got over on them once , do you think it possible I could rebuy it and maybe 2 months later sell it back to "Dean" as a stallion prospect ? I mean if someone can convince them to buy the green monkey maybe they would be gullable enough to take cash back!!! Worth a shot right??

supercap
03-15-2009, 05:00 PM
I got over on them once , do you think it possible I could rebuy it and maybe 2 months later sell it back to "Dean" as a stallion prospect ? I mean if someone can convince them to buy the green monkey maybe they would be gullable enough to take cash back!!! Worth a shot right??
Not your discussion to begin with , I was fine without you here so maybe you should move on.

Mineshaft
03-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Not your discussion to begin with , I was fine without you here so maybe you should move on.

Goofball im not moving on so deal with it.

Mineshaft
03-15-2009, 05:18 PM

So you about getting over on people is that it? i see how you are now..

supercap
03-15-2009, 06:51 PM
So you about getting over on people is that it? i see how you are now..

Move along now! I am done beatin you up!!

Mineshaft
03-15-2009, 06:52 PM
Move along now! I am done beatin you up!!

Lol watever goofball

PaceAdvantage
03-17-2009, 12:56 AM
Defend against what? I don't allow unverifiable rumors to be posted. As you can see, there is nothing up there to defend. I don't know why you keep asking me to defend something I removed as soon as I saw it.

I asked you why you did not defend helmatag against these malicious charges ,but when i brought up the statement that the pfc connections were not doing the rtight thing you got all up in arms. Why not throw helmatag some gratis the way you do your boys?