PDA

View Full Version : Conference Basketball Tournament Tix

rrbauer
03-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Just over at eBay browsing around and there are a TON of tickets available for the ACC (Atlanta), Big12 (Oklahoma City) and SEC (Tampa) mens tournaments this week. Many more tix available for the SEC (conference that I follow) than last year at this time. Blew my wad on the Atlantic Sun tournament in Nashville last week (our local team E. Tenn St won both tournaments) so I'm on the sidelines this week.

cj
03-10-2009, 03:57 PM
I guess it is the economy. Realistically, the huge NCAA field has lessened the importance of the conference tourneys for the big teams. I remember in 2002 when Maryland won it all, I was happy they lost in the second round of the ACC to NC State.

rrbauer
03-10-2009, 04:08 PM
I guess it is the economy. Realistically, the huge NCAA field has lessened the importance of the conference tourneys for the big teams. I remember in 2002 when Maryland won it all, I was happy they lost in the second round of the ACC to NC State.

I think you're right on the big conferences. For a little outfit like we have, winning the conference tournament is a big deal cuz we aren't going far at the big dance!

OTM Al
03-10-2009, 05:20 PM
No great team out of the SEC this year probably hurt that one quite a bit as far as casual interest

cj
03-10-2009, 11:57 PM
No great team out of the SEC this year probably hurt that one quite a bit as far as casual interest

I'm not sure they even have a pretty good team.

rrbauer
03-11-2009, 12:43 PM
I'm not sure they even have a pretty good team.

About the same as last year when Georgia went from worst to first to win the conference tournament and get the automatic bid. Earlier in the year I thought that both LSU and Kentucky would do well nationally but they have both played some "strange" games lately. Hottest team in the conf right now is Auburn and they should get in unless they just fold in the conf tournament. Kentucky is on the bubble now and if Patterson's ankle doesn't come around they're toast. LSU will make the big dance and then it will depend on matchups. They are very quick but vulnerable if their outside game goes cold.