PDA

View Full Version : boxie\software

BIG HIT
03-10-2009, 01:45 PM
I know he is not on board has anyone tried it.? I still think he is a sharp hdcpr .Who offered a lot.To those that scoff at him none of you have step up like he did with your insite.Just my opinion

PaceAdvantage
03-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Boxcar is still here...posting away in off-topic...if that's who you are referring to when you say "boxie"

Donnie
03-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Big--
what software are you referring to? Sorry, once a post gets too long I just lose interest...maybe this was discussed in his post where he talked at length of his style and approach. Nothing negative, just I lose interest....<sigh> must be getting old.

BIG HIT
03-10-2009, 06:45 PM
Guess never get used to computer can't seem to have people understand what the hell i mean.Thank' for reply pa

BIG HIT
03-11-2009, 10:49 AM
Over on sports acumen they talk about the prgm thought was forsale mabe not.?Any way oh my reference to the board may not be correct.Just wondered because alot pop-tips post here which seem to be alot like his.Thought would have been nice to here from them.You know like hsh and htr user talk

nagwa
03-12-2009, 08:55 AM
hi does anyone know if the software for boxcars methods are available..thanks

BIG HIT
03-12-2009, 03:39 PM
On the other board pm you they have noehing about selling program the group just talk about useing it.So would say no.He still on this board he post in off topics section

Niko
03-12-2009, 10:34 PM
At one point way back he was talking about selling a program for a grand, not sure if he ever did. I figured that's where he was going with all the rules.....

acorn54
03-12-2009, 11:40 PM
jeff platt of jcapper put boxcars angles to the test and they were not profitable. i think you can get the demo of jcapper with boxcars angles on it and run data queries to check it out for yourself.
of course boxcars angles may have shown a profit at one time, but horseracing is a dynamic sport and what worked in the past does not always hold up going forward.

boxcar
03-12-2009, 11:50 PM
I know he is not on board has anyone tried it.? I still think he is a sharp hdcpr .Who offered a lot.To those that scoff at him none of you have step up like he did with your insite.Just my opinion

Sharp is as Sharp does. I haven't gone out there to earn my "street cred" yet, but thanks for your vote of confidence and kind words.

Several of you have written to me asking for various things but the fact of the matter is, gentlemen, is that "class" has been out now for a long time. The forum that was graciously provided for me over on that other website has been inactive for well over a year due to my serious time constraints and the fact that I exhausted . Also, I have no lessons or books for sale. And my software is emphatically not for sale outside of the two (or perhaps three) people to whom my partner and I have agreed to sell our package. In short, there will be five or six of us in actual possession of the software package. We are very comfortable with our decision, so that's the way it's going to be. We feel that we have very unique methodology, and we wish to keep it that way.

And I certainly have no intentions or any inclinations or harbor any secret aspirations whatsoever of becoming a "household name" in the world of handicapping software or books. I covet my privacy and my limited time on this planet too much to engage in such relatively trivial pursuits. Frankly, I have more important things to do with my time -- one of them being to actually put this powerful software suite to use to help pay for all the blood, sweat and tears I've put into this very ambitious project for the last 2+ years. (In fact, this project still isn't complete because we're currently integrating our qualitative-oriented approach with a third party's high quality quantitative-based one by merging specific portions of both outputs into one super-condensed report which, of course, will require a creation of, yet, another program.)

But I want to thank everyone who has written at one time or another expressing an interest in learning my approach. I wish I could help you because I really don't like turning away anyone. Unfortunately, you just weren't at the right place at the right time, and oftentimes the clock simply cannot be turned back.

Regards,
Boxcar

BIG HIT
03-13-2009, 06:18 AM
You were very generous with your knowledge more then one could ask.What i did learn off mosly this board help me.Thanks agian for what you did share

nagwa
03-13-2009, 03:31 PM
hi boxcar,

would have been excellent to learn your handicapping methods..only found out about your methods/ posts from the paceadvantage forum..jan 2007....hope theres chance of learning your techniques/ skills in assessing horses..thanks

Sinner369
03-18-2009, 12:33 PM
Boxcar:

I have to second Nagwa opinion. Maybe you can summary all your Angles
and put in out there on paceadvantage or some other forums for new comers to
read.

Thanks in advance,
sinner :)