PDA

View Full Version : Stardom Bound

MickJ26
03-09-2009, 11:16 AM
They mentioned last night on TVG that Stardom Bound is going to run only against her own gender, therefore, skipping the Derby. I guess that means the Kentucky Oaks, Mother Goose, Alabama, etc.

cj's dad
03-09-2009, 11:27 AM
That would be a reasonable deduction.

whyhorseofcourse
03-09-2009, 12:26 PM
That would be a reasonable deduction.

Haha...

It would have been nice to see her race against the boys...

Watcher
03-09-2009, 12:50 PM
I'd have thought they'd give her a shot at least in the SA Derby to see how she faired.

1st time lasix
03-09-2009, 05:12 PM
In my opinion she had virtually no shot at all against the boys this year. Her numbers thus far are vastly inferior to many colts....her style requires a perfect trip. After her nose win this weekend all out she looks to me likes she needs a lay off. A bounce is likely. By the way.....this crop of three year old colts looks pretty good compared to last year. :ThmbUp:

Relwob Owner
03-09-2009, 06:21 PM
In my opinion she had virtually no shot at all against the boys this year. Her numbers thus far are vastly inferior to many colts....her style requires a perfect trip. After her nose win this weekend all out she looks to me likes she needs a lay off. A bounce is likely. By the way.....this crop of three year old colts looks pretty good compared to last year. :ThmbUp:

Agree on all counts....surprised noone has mentioned that she seems to have regressed with her new connections.

This Derby is shaping up very, very well

sandpit
03-09-2009, 10:10 PM

Her numbers are gonna have a tough time comparing against Rachel Alexandra if that one keeps going like she is...

MickJ26
03-10-2009, 09:48 AM
I'd hate to be one of the unfortunate who played her in the Derby Futures. She looks like a strong play against in the Ashland.

supercap
03-10-2009, 11:21 AM

She has raced twice since nov . What do you think a lay off would do for her?

Ian Meyers
03-10-2009, 12:24 PM
In my opinion she had virtually no shot at all against the boys this year. Her numbers thus far are vastly inferior to many colts.

And both Dutrow and Frankel are pretty smart dudes and use sheets. I think they knew that as well.

1st time lasix
03-10-2009, 03:19 PM
She has raced twice since nov . What do you think a lay off would do for her? Everyone has a racing opinion my friend....if she comes back in the next 24 days or so against improving classy 3 yr olds....I will take a stand against. particularly if on another surface. If she wins....i lose. :) I am Ok with that, i am no virgin when it comes to betting against chalk. i personally think she should stay away for five to six weeks at least....but that is why there is a wager pool! Best of luck. :ThmbUp:

onefast99
03-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Everyone has a racing opinion my friend....if she comes back in the next 24 days or so against improving classy 3 yr olds....I will take a stand against. particularly if on another surface. If she wins....i lose. :) I am Ok with that, i am no virgin when it comes to betting against chalk. i personally think she should stay away for five to six weeks at least....but that is why there is a wager pool! Best of luck. :ThmbUp:
I still dont know what that would do for her, 6 weeks off to graze and get a feeling for what it would be like to be a mare isnt in the plans for this horse now. Let her run in the races that she should be in thats why IEAH bought this horse.

joanied
03-10-2009, 08:46 PM
I agree that a lay off now would not benefit Stardom Bound...Bobby takes care of his horses and he's soooooo careful, that if some time off would be to her benefit, he'd call for it...I think she's a happy horse and enjoys her job...I'm a little bummed they changed her plans for the SA Derby...but I think they are playing their cards right...she can be the 3 yr old filly champion this year and go to the breeding shed with that...rather than taking a huge shot at the Derby...but, who knows...things change, as do minds.

Relwob Owner
03-10-2009, 09:16 PM

I dont know what a layoff would do----I still question her regression with Frankel....I have put it out there and will again--why does noone mention the fact that she seems to have gone backwards since the IEAH boys bought her? She is still a terrific filly and has run well but I cant imagine they bought her to win the Oaks......

Dahoss9698
03-10-2009, 10:13 PM
I'm not sure she's really regressed. She ran well in the Las Virgenes. I think it might be a case of a horse that bloomed early and the rest are catching up. I also think it's possible she wasn't fully cranked, but that remains to be seen.

Relwob Owner
03-10-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm not sure she's really regressed. She ran well in the Las Virgenes. I think it might be a case of a horse that bloomed early and the rest are catching up. I also think it's possible she wasn't fully cranked, but that remains to be seen.

Could be...I guess I was just surprised at the 85 Beyer in her last and her time Saturday didnt seem particularly good. She also just seemed visually better as well last year.