PDA

View Full Version : Iraqi generals paid off?

so.cal.fan
04-15-2003, 09:11 PM
Just saw Col. Hunt on O'Reilly show.......he claims that our government paid off millions to Saddam's Republican guard generals and this is why we had such an easy time of taking over the country and our troops were not gassed with WMD.
I guess they all have their big payoffs in Swiss banks and are probably in the south of France or maybe even Vegas?
Boxcar? Do you know anything about this?

boxcar
04-16-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by so.cal.fan
Just saw Col. Hunt on O'Reilly show.......he claims that our government paid off millions to Saddam's Republican guard generals and this is why we had such an easy time of taking over the country and our troops were not gassed with WMD.
I guess they all have their big payoffs in Swiss banks and are probably in the south of France or maybe even Vegas?
Boxcar? Do you know anything about this?

SoCal, I haven't heard anything specificly about this allegation. However, I do recall during the first couple of weeks of the war about various talking heads claiming that American commanders and Rep Guard honchos were "talking on an ongoing basis".

Geesh...if we paid all this money out, the least we could have gotten was the stash of WMDs!

Boxcar