PDA

View Full Version : Chart caller Classic at Philly

BeatTheChalk
03-08-2009, 11:20 PM
Please check the call on the winner. I guarantee a chuckle. :jump: :cool:

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/instant_pdf.cgi?type=inc&country=USA&track=PHA&date=2009-03-08&race=4

njcurveball
03-09-2009, 12:21 AM
Sounds like the chart caller lost his bet on the race. A head scratcher at 10-1 with a "name" trainer and rider? Jeremy Rose is hands down the best rider in that field and wins 20%+ of the time.

It is a chuckle since those cannot cash bets make comments like that. :bang:

HuggingTheRail
03-09-2009, 01:18 AM
I have never seen anything like that before! It could open a whole new level of charting... "off slow - finished slower"

cj
03-09-2009, 07:43 AM
I've seen that comment used a few times before.

I'm not sure what having Rose aboard has to do with it. He was aboard in the last start, which was horrible at a very slightly higher class level.

ryesteve
03-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Maybe the "head scratching" part is that they came home in 27, and no one was gaining on the winner...

njcurveball
03-09-2009, 11:34 PM
I've seen that comment used a few times before.

I'm not sure what having Rose aboard has to do with it. He was aboard in the last start, which was horrible at a very slightly higher class level.

So basically you have a horse dropping in class and retaining the best jock in the field and you do not know what this means. :bang:

cj
03-09-2009, 11:43 PM
So basically you have a horse dropping in class and retaining the best jock in the field and you do not know what this means. :bang:

The rider of the horse had absolutely nothing to do with how the horse looked while racing on the two different days. The chart caller probably saw a horse that looked terrible on the track last time, his action, stride, etc., and was greatly improved yesterday.

He had seen the horse run twice and saw two pretty terrible displays. Yesterday, the horse looked a lot better. That is what he said. How you interpret that to mean he lost a bet is beyond me.

Oh wait, you are the guy so upset by accusations of stiff jobs by Cheat Lopez!!! :lol: I got it now, don't bash CC but the chart callers are absolute fair game with no evidence whatsoever.

njcurveball
03-10-2009, 12:08 AM
The rider of the horse had absolutely nothing to do with how the horse looked while racing on the two different days. The chart caller probably saw a horse that looked terrible on the track last time, his action, stride, etc., and was greatly improved yesterday.

WOW! This is one heck of a chart caller. I think he may be wasting his time getting paid a glorified minimum wage if he can recognize differences in action, stride, etc.

And of course you go off on another tangent about CC Lopez, which I will leave to your monthly rants about him because you lost a few bets.

Bottom line is the horse went off at 10-1 and had the best jock in the field. You even said the jock chose to ride the horse back after a bad race, that is a positive sign. I know you are too "figure blind" to realize that. :bang:

cj
03-10-2009, 08:26 AM
I doubt you know anything about my betting or that of the chart callers.

No figures or PPs had anything to do with what happened ON THE RACE TRACK. What the chart caller said is true. Sure, the horse had run that well before in New York, but in Philly, the horse was dreadful. You are also seriously underestimating the skill of guys he see thousands of races a year.