PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Bay Downs Selections - Su. March 8th

JohnnyBatTBD
03-08-2009, 08:57 AM
Prime Wager Results.13-31 (42%) -$7.80(13-3-6) (71% ITM)
Soft Wager Results....16-54(29%) -$20.60 (16-13-5) (63% ITM)

On Saturday, my soft wager in the 4th, Our Stormy Girl, went off the favorite, set a fast early pace and gave way, finishing out of the money.

Among my contenders only selections:

My 3rd race $8 exacta key box returned $20.40, and
My 7th race $8 exacta key box returned $17.80.

Three longshots ensured an unprofitable afternoon. So it goes...

Sunday’s selections:

1st – Contenders Only – It’s a Good Tour (6) raced forwardly in last and goes on a fast dirt surface for the first time. Leaves rock bottom turf claiming ranks for rock bottom dirt. Does today’s tag actually represent a drop in class? Well yes, but maybe just enough to make the difference in this pathetic event. Miss Levesque (4) stretches out and sheds 9 lbs. after suspiciously poor Tampa debut. Ditto for Timetolitethestar (8). Silver Miss (10) raced forwardly in last two, may surprise on the stretchout. Johnny B.’s figs on 1 and 9 in last were 11 and 19 respectively (in a par 41). I don’t care if one of them wins, they’re not getting my action. Exacta Key Box 6/4,8,10

2nd - Contenders Only – Victory at Midway (2) was closest to par in last two and Duane Knipe is 50% ITM with Stretchout + Dropdowns in last two seasons. 4,9 and 10 are Tampa regulars with high ITM % and clean records. Sir Swervalot (3) will give his all despite whatever ails him. Big John G (5) has never won on the fastback. Sipho (7) doesn’t win off the layoff. Everblazing (8). Fontana is 3% with fastbacks and 2% with stretchouts. Exacta Key Box 2/4,9,10 and Trifectas 2,3/2,3/4,9,10

3rd – Contenders Only – Ryder Jax (2) was above par in last two. Held a safe margin for the win in last. Had a better fig two back after she bore out at break and lost ground in the process. I think she’s got another gear we haven’t seen yet. Centeno has the call. Seed of Faith (1). Two of Dana Cross’ four wins in the last three seasons came on the fastback. Shortens up today, after Seed of Faith vied and weakened at 8.18F. Ron Behrens wins 3% with fastback types, eliminating CJ’s Whatsinaname (6) from contention. Exacta Key 2/1,4

4th – Contenders Only – Lots of early speed sets the table for those with a running style that gets going in the later stages of the race. Exacta Box 6,12 and Trifectas 6,12/4,9,10/6,7,12

5th - Contenders Only – Hot Rod Tutt (10) ships in from GP and shortens up for last year’s #2 turf trainer Kathleen O’Connell. Speedy types have been taking turf routes start to finish all season. Tutt had a big final fraction of 11.64 in last. Centeno has the call. KO’C/Centeno team is 6-9 ITM this season but winless. They break the ice this afternoon. Blue blooded John M. Gaver III (grandson of Hall of Famer John Sr.) has the firster Admiral Bull (4) and should be considered a contender. Win (10), Saver Exactas 4,9,11/10 and Trifectas 10/2,4,9,11/2,4,9,11

6th – Contenders Only – Leader Whip (8) dueled throughout and finished well above par two back. Shortens up today for Behrens, who is 34% ITM with shorten ups. Leader Whip is 3-5 ITM at Tampa. Win (8), Saver Exacta 4/8 and Trifectas 8/2,3,4/1,2,3,4

7th – Contenders Only – Exacta Key Box 4/3,5,8 and Trifectas 4/1,7,9/3,5,8

8th – Contenders Only – Beat Your Bluff (3) posted an above par fig two back and goes for Ed Williams who is 58% ITM with L1-3’s. Takes a drop and shortens up. Exacta Key Box 3/7,8 and Trifectas 3/1,10,11/7,8

9th – Contenders Only – Exacta Box 1,5,8

10th – Contenders Only – Taking Stock (4) was above par in four of last five, and benefits from the stretchout. Leading rider Daniel Centeno has the return call. Exacta Key Box 4/5,9 and Saver Exacta 8/4

11th – Contenders Only – Flying Palm (1) was above par in last two, and drops from a par 78 to a par 75. Has nice clean record, but is winless in seven tries at Tampa and has to overcome PP 1. Bennett wins 25% (50% ITM) with dropdowns. Ocean of Dreams (6) has been above par in last two, but is winless in ’08 and ’09. Very Arrogant (7) comes back fast for Juan Camilo who wins 26% (52%ITM) with fastbacks. Exacta Key Box 7/1,6 and Trifectas 5,7,9/1,6/1,5,6,7,9

Good luck and good racing!

Johnny B.