PDA

View Full Version : Premier BO Reiterates Message of "Hope"...

boxcar
03-07-2009, 11:22 PM
"What I don't think people should do is suddenly stuff money in their mattresses and pull back completely from spending," Obama told the newspaper in an interview posted on its Web site Saturday. "I don't think that people should be fearful about our future. I don't think that people should suddenly mistrust all of our financial institutions because the overwhelming majority of them actually have managed things reasonably well."

Really? I thought we've been in "urgent crisis mode" now for some time. :rolleyes:

I wonder if he's playing a little reverse psychology here -- hoping that Americans will do opposite of what he says? That would indeed bring on a very real crisis. What then would be the consequences? Martial Law? Confiscation of our guns and gold? it's a real good thing that God is a little bit out of his reach. That's one of the G's he will never get.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090308/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama

Boxcar

HUSKER55
03-08-2009, 03:06 AM
This stimulus packagae will not help any american. If yuo think otherwise you are wrong. A true stimulus package would have paid the loans off and then let the auto industry sink or swim. THAT would have been a stimulus that benefited the typical american and the auto industry. But no.

I will never buy an american auto again and neither should any american. Obama screwed joe the plumber (ie, that is you and me) and then sent the bill to those that were not screwed on the first pass.

Short of armed revolution, which is on the table, buy Honda. Take your money out of your bank and use a swiss bank, or German Bank. If you buy stocks then use the japanese stock markets and screw wall street.

BTW, make sure you email yur senators and let them know your discontent and also your states govenor. If enough people do it then change will also come. Won't be what the dems want but oh well.

boxcar
03-08-2009, 12:04 PM
A true stimulus package would have put some real money back into the TAXPAYERS' pockets. It's been estimated that if the government had suspended the income tax for a year and reduced the capital gains tax also, it would have cost "only" about a trillion dollars -- far less (whatever the final figure) than what has already been squandered. But BO isn't interested in growing the private sector at all. His only goal is to grow government, which leads me to think that all this pissing away of trillions is actually a well thought out diabolical plan to take this recession to the next level -- a depression. A Depression would elevate the current "crisis" and give the government more opportunities for draconian actions that would be shameful to waste (recall what Rahn Emmanuel said about not wasting opportunities crises create), such as seizing even greater control of the private sector, freezing bank accounts (read: people's personal assets), confiscating gold and in all probability guns because the State can't afford to have 80 million or so of thoroughly pissed off armed Americans running around, can it?

I know one thing: Come tomorrow morning my banks accounts will have considerably less sitting in them the next day. I do believe WE should leave this affirmative action president a legacy he'll never forget.

Boxcar

Golf and Horses
03-08-2009, 01:39 PM
:eek: :lol: http://www.blogcdn.com/news.aol.com/political-machine/media/2008/05/hopenosis.gif

ArlJim78
03-08-2009, 01:48 PM
thats a good one golf & horses. that sad part is half of the country actually fell under the spell of his hopeandchange hypnosis.

highnote
03-08-2009, 03:13 PM
I will never buy an american auto again and neither should any american.

I'm thinking about buying the 2010 Camaro or the Ford Shelby. Very nice cars and can be bought at decent prices and decent terms.

I drive a Ford Ranger and love it. My wife drives the kids around in a Chrysler Town and Country minivan. Very practical, reliable and cost a lot less than a Honda or Toyota.

Take your money out of your bank and use a swiss bank, or German Bank. If you buy stocks then use the japanese stock markets and screw wall street.

It will be difficult trying to open a swiss account. I know an American citizen who had one. They only kept a little money in it -- under the reporting threshold. Swiss banks were pressured by the Bush admin to shut down accounts held by Americans because of the Patriot Act. The only way to keep it open was to pay an exhorbitant fee -- much more than the interest it was earning. It didn't make sense to keep it. So he closed it.

However, for people who have lots of money to put into a swiss account then the fee is a minor nuisance. USB will gladly give you a numbered account if you're a wealthy American. But if you're just going to put a few hundred or a few thousand in a swiss acct, then it will be hard to find a bank that will open an acct for you.

If you do any research into German or Swiss banks, please let us know what you find out. It would be interesting to know which banks want to do business with Americans.

Swiss banks are in big trouble -- UBS and Credit Suisse may have to merge. Swiss banks have big exposure to subprime loans in Poland, Ukraine and other former soviet bloc countries. The homeowners have seen their mortgage payments double and now defaulting.

I don't know if the Swiss banks have access to something like we have here -- FDIC.

boxcar
03-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Swiss bank accounts for Americans were risky propositions long before 9/11 and the Patriot Act. There are better places to put your money.

Boxcar

chickenhead
03-08-2009, 03:51 PM
I wonder if he's playing a little reverse psychology here -- hoping that Americans will do opposite of what he says? That would indeed bring on a very real crisis. What then would be the consequences? Martial Law? Confiscation of our guns and gold?

The Libs are still ahead of you guys -- I don't forget about the W planned 9-11, W is going to declare himself Emperor, W blew up the levees down in N'Orleans, etc.

But I have to say, you guys are making one hell of an effort. You will be certifiably crazier than the most leftist loons in very short order if you can only keep up this frenetic pace.

I've come to the conclusion that it's actually not the government that is the problem in this country, it's the people. This country would actually be in bigger trouble if we still had a democracy. At least the politicians are only corrupt, lying dirtbags only interested in padding their own pockets. The people are crazy.

JustRalph
03-08-2009, 03:56 PM
I won't ever buy another car that has been touched by the UAW I figure the taxpayer has put enough money into that union already.

The 2010 Camaro has been put on hold. According to Motor Trend Mag...........GM has stopped in its tracks on it. They are ready to go to production on the lesser models......but stopped. I am doing this from memory on an article I read about a week back though. They say the sportier versions are completely off the table right now.

Plenty of nice HONDA and TOYOTA cars to look at. Many built in the U.S.

Good stuff in this thread........... :ThmbUp:

boxcar
03-08-2009, 04:24 PM
The Libs are still ahead of you guys -- I don't forget about the W planned 9-11, W is going to declare himself Emperor, W blew up the levees down in N'Orleans, etc.

But I have to say, you guys are making one hell of an effort. You will be certifiably crazier than the most leftist loons in very short order if you can only keep up this frenetic pace.

I've come to the conclusion that it's actually not the government that is the problem in this country, it's the people. This country would actually be in bigger trouble if we still had a democracy. At least the politicians are only corrupt, lying dirtbags only interested in padding their own pockets. The people are crazy.

This is far different that GW and 911. It's a shame that you can't see the handwriting on the wall and the direction this Marxist pig is taking this country. I don't believe for a moment that conquering a free country from within is far fetched at all. (Neither did Khrushchev, as I recall.) I predicted early on right after BO got elected that the libs will manufacture one crisis after another to keep The People off balance. To keep us guessing. (Too bad you can't see what's going one right under your nose.) After all...all libs have to do is make "promises". All they have to do is demonstrate "good intentions". They don't actually have to get any results. Sadly, enough people are gullible enough to feed in the trough of these "good intentions". History clearly proves this.

Moreover, you seem to forget that we're living in a very unique period in American history. One party controls the country. You would do well to not forget this.

Yeah...I'm "crazy", alright. Crazier than a fox.

Boxcar

chickenhead
03-08-2009, 04:29 PM
I could change two or three words and that would be a quote from Sec, circa 3 or 4 years ago. OK, I'd have to add some links too, but still. Almost verbatim.

BIG HIT
03-08-2009, 05:06 PM
The as you say won't help those american's that need it soon enough if ever you guy's are right.Funny how evreybody in washington and state goverment are looking out for us and of course are money.When they were the one's screwd it up.All they have to do to fix what was broke was let us deside by giveing every american 21 yr and over one million dollars.Which is far less than any stimulis plan.We would be tax as income so they the goverment get some back morgage company will get paid people we beable to buy a car family can send kids colledge.Yes some drug addicts and other would blow the money wastfully for sure.Prisoner would get it two but would be held by prision system for room and board and pay to some victim's.Elderly could afford nurseing home or health or forms other of care. The list goe's on and on no bail out needed for morgage company or other's.Hell if we all threw the money away still wouldn't cost what costing us now from just the morgage company a lone.Just my thought's

Tom
03-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Hey Ralph, I'm very happy with my Hyundai....non-UAW car. UAW brought this mess on themselves, so have no sympathy for any of them losing their jobs now, or having to take cuts. I will support non-union whenever I can.

boxcar
03-08-2009, 05:39 PM

Since you bothered to reply to my answer to your original post, I'll pursue this issue one more time with you -- but this time by using your own words and turning them upon your head as heaping coals. Perhaps then...you might wake up.

Please look very carefully at what you wrote in the above paragraph. You concede in one breath that politicians are "corrupt, lying dirtbags...". This was on the exhale. But first on the inhale, you state that the real problem with the country is its people. The "people", according to you, are crazy -- most especially the ones that think that these "corrupt, lying dirtbags" are out to seize more and more power at the expense of our Individual Liberties. But you, evidently, seem to think that these same "corrupt, lying dirtbags" are somehow morally above all that? They would never do that to Americans, would they? They would never seize the golden opportunity they have -- now that one party controls the nation? They're more virtuous crooks than that, right!? Do you not see the incongruity in your logic? The politicians are crooks, but it's the people who are crazy who think these crooks are out on a huge Power Grab Mission? :bang: :bang: And that the fastest track to that power is for the government to create one crisis after another, most especially when there is some pretty darn good evidence to support this position!? It's unbelievable to what extent some will go to defend the indefensible.

Enough said...

Boxcar

JustRalph
03-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Hey Ralph, I'm very happy with my Hyundai....non-UAW car. UAW brought this mess on themselves, so have no sympathy for any of them losing their jobs now, or having to take cuts. I will support non-union whenever I can.
:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

http://jalopnik.com/5128610/hyundai-genesis-named-2009-north-american-car-of-the-year

Car of the Year

BIG HIT
03-08-2009, 08:37 PM
The union's are a product that years ago miss treated people.Super say be glad to come to your house for dinner and nice looking wife take a little nookie two.That is if you still want your job or promotion.I'am sure you herd those story's.The last time chysler they cut auto worker pay claiming one of reason for high price of thier car's.So later when asked by media why car's haven't come down that much.Chysler said the cost of hourly is only 3% of the price of the car.Wal-mart has been sued by women and they won.There was a computer software manager makeing $150.000 a yearno union of course he said those 6 pack boy's should have got a education like him.Few month's later walked in office they let him go they got some one over sea's to do his job for$500.00 a month.And no union aren't all that ethier but even the non union worker at japan plant benifit from union presence to help protect them from nepitesim and favoritetism.In stead of a worker work speak for him.Union are not the problem nor the answer just the other side of the coin.

chickenhead
03-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Boxy..

If the government were peopled only by noble, honest, wise souls....who happened to have disagreements on certain things (as they should, people have honest disagreements on these things, since time began till now)....the people wouldn't be able to tell the difference. People are shrill and paranoid and fearful and hateful and spiteful...because they like to be. It is not because of what is going on around them. So far as I can tell it has always been this way. People have always felt like you do right now.

Politics, fueled by the media...often become an English soccer league stadium filled with drunken hooligans wearing different coloured shirts, screaming at one another. Your argument is that the other team deserves it. My point is that is what soccer hooligans always say...they are drunken soccer hooligans, after all.

There is little room in this country for anything other than trying to please one soccer mob or the other...you advocate anything else and you get both mobs screaming at you...which has no chance. Regardless of it's actual merit.

So yes, the other team is winning right now, and you are in the place of screaming. I get it.

I don't like most of Obamas policies...I didn't like most of Bushes either...but I *try* to look at them primarily as what I think they are, bad policy. I don't need them to be a grand plot from Satan to dislike them...nor hopefully, to win an argument over them.

Tom
03-08-2009, 09:37 PM
pssssst.
Chick.
psssst.

Obama is the Ant-Christ! :eek:

boxcar
03-08-2009, 10:10 PM
pssssst.
Chick.
psssst.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You're too much.

Boxcar

Tom
03-08-2009, 10:22 PM
I never knew having a dem government could be so much fun!

chickenhead
03-08-2009, 11:37 PM
pssssst.
Chick.
psssst.

:lol:

boxcar
03-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Boxy..

If the government were peopled only by noble, honest, wise souls....who happened to have disagreements on certain things (as they should, people have honest disagreements on these things, since time began till now)....the people wouldn't be able to tell the difference. People are shrill and paranoid and fearful and hateful and spiteful...because they like to be. It is not because of what is going on around them. So far as I can tell it has always been this way. People have always felt like you do right now.

And IF "IFs and BUTs were CANDY and NUTS, everyday would be Christmas, too". :rolleyes:

Now if only your view of government were half as poor as you see "the people", you'd be making some good headway through the lit portals of Reality. The problem with your fanciful conjecture is that in the real world, we know that government largely consists of people who are anything but "noble, honest, wise souls". I find it interesting that you now go to this piece of conjecture from your original take that [all] politicians are "corrupt, lying dirtbags". If this isn't a 180 degree turnabout, I don't know what is. :rolleyes:

I don't like most of Obamas policies...I didn't like most of Bushes either...but I *try* to look at them primarily as what I think they are, bad policy. I don't need them to be a grand plot from Satan to dislike them...nor hopefully, to win an argument over them.

(An aside: It's really amazing. You can't have a conversation on this forum with a non-conservative about the current president without the previous one's name coming up. Hate to say this, Chick, but this obsession with Bush smacks of being stuck on stupid!)

And that's it? Just "bad policy"? And this "bad policy" isn't attended with any bad consequences?

Chick, it matters not a whit how anyone views the motives behind bad policy. Whether the policy makers were making honest mistakes that were well-intentioned or whether they were consciously doing the bidding of the Evil One for malicious purposes is entirely immaterial in the final analysis because the consequences of bad policy will be the same! And if these bad decisions keep piling up on one another, there will be a point of no return. There will be a point when the "undo" command will no longer function through normal governmental processes.

However, having said this, I feel very comfortable with my hypothesis (and that's all it was) that there could be a premeditated, concerted effort by this administration to manufacture one crisis after another because this strategy would put their power grab on the fastest track of all. And I have a very long list of reasons for thinking that this may be case with BO's administration. But if you choose to give the benefit of the doubt to a well proven liar and you think you see some virtue in him, then who am I to rain upon your float in the BO parade?

Boxcar