PDA

View Full Version : SA-Turf Rails Out?

Joey D
03-07-2009, 01:20 PM
Anybody know if they move the starting gate to compensate when the rails are moved out? Haven't been down to Santa Anita in awhile and it's hard to see when watching online if there is a different starting point.

I think I can assume that when the rails are out from 8 to 30 feet, the horses would have to travel further around the track, therefore increasing the distance slightly unless they do move the gate to compensate.

Any help would be appreciated.

thruncy
03-24-2009, 12:30 PM
Anybody know if they move the starting gate to compensate when the rails are moved out? Haven't been down to Santa Anita in awhile and it's hard to see when watching online if there is a different starting point.

I think I can assume that when the rails are out from 8 to 30 feet, the horses would have to travel further around the track, therefore increasing the distance slightly unless they do move the gate to compensate.

Any help would be appreciated.They activate different timers for different rail placements.

Joey D
03-24-2009, 09:22 PM
Thank you.

I did go back and look at some replays and they do start from different points when the rails are out.

Anybody know where I can find turf pars for Hollywood and Del Mar?

Thanks again