PDA

View Full Version : TSN vs BRIS

NateBracey
03-07-2009, 11:59 AM
I currently have a data base that uses the last 3 years of Bris files.
I was thinking of switching to TSN Pro Caps. Does anyone know
if both files are fairly equal or would you not recommend mixing them?
I know the file structure is the same but I don't know if the rankings
would be equal.

Tom
03-07-2009, 12:04 PM
Don't mix. The pace and speed figs are different.

InFront
03-07-2009, 04:55 PM
I have tested both Bris and TSN files seperately in different databases and feel both work equally well as far as the fields offered. For that reason I feel TSN without a doubt is the best bang for your buck as far as data goes.

But as posted definitely do not mix them into one database which can really skew your research and results. All the figures such as pace, speed, class, etc. even though they are created with the same or similar algorithms are produced on a different numbered scale.

infrontby1
03-07-2009, 08:28 PM
go with the tsn, it's cheaper.

plainolebill
03-07-2009, 10:07 PM
You will screw up the jockey - trainer info, if you use it, the two files use different naming conventions.

Longshot
03-07-2009, 10:15 PM
The biggest difference I found was that many of the trainer's and jockey's names were listed slightly different in the TSN data than in the Bris data. This resulted in many problems when checking trainer/jockey stats when the files were mixed.

TSN speed figs were usually 4 to 6 points lower than Bris but in some races I found they were 3 or 4 points higher. That I couldn't understand because they are created by the same company.

Bottom line don't mix them. I personally think that the Bris figures are better but TSN's unlimited monthly plan is the best money wise to go if you play several tracks and plan to build a database.

cmoore
03-07-2009, 10:30 PM
I use the tsn data files for procaps..I don't have any other data base like you guys..I use the data files for the tsn custom generator also. I use the summary sheet pps at brisnet on the races I wager on..Those end up being free. I like to look at what running style and posts are winning the most or not winning at all. Plus the spi numbers when betting mdns is usefull at times..

The speed, pace and class ratings are entirely diferent between brisnet and tsn..Brisnet figures are much higher like earlier stated. Why, I have no idea..I'm sure someone can come up with an explanation. For just under 60 bucks..You can't go wrong.