PDA

View Full Version : Does your vote really count ?

cj's dad
03-05-2009, 10:06 AM
1- In California last November , the voters by a margin of 52-48 voted to rescind the right to gay marriage (Prop 8), should have had a different number. The powers that be in the state decided the voters were wrong and now their decision is in danger of being overturned by the court system.
**Todd Barrett said he and his partner Joe Witmore, who were married during the 4 1/2-month window last year when same-sex couples could wed in California, brought their 5-year-old daughter to show that Proposition 8's passage affected families.

Quote - "I don't know how I would explain to her that Daddy and Pappa:lol: aren't married anymore," Barrett said.

2- In Maryland a Senate committee, by deadlocking 5-5, killed a floor vote on abolishing the death penalty. The Governor decided, in a rare (illegal) move, to bring the debate to the floor and it will be voted on today.

Seems like the Dems just don't like to lose. They must know what is best for us. God bless 'em.

Lefty
03-05-2009, 11:17 AM
The libs do this all the time. If they can't win at the polls, they take to the courts.

jballscalls
03-05-2009, 11:21 AM
The libs do this all the time. If they can't win at the polls, they take to the courts.

didn't gore and the left go to the courts over bushy's win in 2000??? we had a similar situation here in washington state a few years ago when Dino rossi barely lost to Chris Gregoire. Only difference was that Dino was a righty and took it to the courts. as usual, it goes both ways

HUSKER55
03-05-2009, 11:23 AM
You are not in kansas anymore

Quote - "I don't know how I would explain to her that Daddy and Pappa:lol: aren't married anymore," Barrett said.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You would have to be a democrat or an idiot to buy into that

cj's dad
03-05-2009, 01:07 PM
didn't gore and the left go to the courts over bushy's win in 2000??? we had a similar situation here in washington state a few years ago when Dino rossi barely lost to Chris Gregoire. Only difference was that Dino was a righty and took it to the courts. as usual, it goes both ways

The prop 8 in Ca. was 52-48 %- THE vote was not contested-not an issue.

In Maryland, the RULE is that in order to leave committee, a bill must pass by a MAJORITY. I know that you know 5-5 is not a MAJORITY.

Tom
03-05-2009, 01:10 PM
To a lib, 5-5 is a landslide!

slewis
03-05-2009, 01:54 PM
If the courts in California decide they can overturn the will of the people, I just might move there and demand the right to have 5 wives.

This way I can hear "when are you going to get a REAL job, in SURROUND SOUND!!!!!!!!:lol: