PDA

View Full Version : New York Lawmakers Shaking, And So They Should

Cangamble
03-04-2009, 07:28 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/49477/ny-lawmakers-trying-to-halt-takeout-rise?id=49477

rrbauer
03-04-2009, 08:21 PM
We have succeeded in getting takeout and related issues moved from the closet to the front burner. We need to keep them there and keep raising Hell every chance that we get. MJC should've gotten a torpedo from HANA when it recently raised takeout on exotic bets. Racetracks want our money. They need to earn it!

OTM Al
03-04-2009, 11:22 PM
This has nothing to do with the great takeout debate unfortunately. Lawmakers would do this if they could, but they suddenly realized that doing this was going to void all their simulcast contracts. The result is good, but it only happened because they can't weasel their way around it, not because of pressure. Otherwise they would have dropped the 1% increase back on the NY tracks they enacted at the same time they set up this stupidity.

rrbauer
03-05-2009, 12:22 AM
This has nothing to do with the great takeout debate unfortunately.

Everything related to takeout has to do with the "great takeout debate". Clearly this particular move is more related to damage control. But, they are displaying a sensitivity to the effect from a raise in takeout. As horseplayers we need to cause that sensitivity to expand. In the case of New York there has to be a negative result from the 1% across-the-board increase that went into effect last September. I will do my part by not playing New York races...admittedly, they will get some handle from me during Alabama week but that is all; and, only because I will be at the track that week. When I don't play NY tracks, NY loses. I don't. Same for the dodos in Calif.