PDA

View Full Version : I Want Revenge

MickJ26
03-04-2009, 07:07 PM
I wonder how good must I Want Revenge be if the Mullins camp is able to lure Joe Talamo to New York on Big 'Cap day, the biggest day in the Santa Anita meet? Talamo and his agent must believe this horse has a big shot in the Derby.
On the other hand; Dominguez and Johnny V. and Prado and Albarado, among others; will be at SA and maybe Smokin' Joe got squeezed out of the picture.
Either way, if I Want Revenge runs a big Gotham I guess I'll have my answer.

plainolebill
03-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Talamo is winning at about 11% right now, I doubt his dance card is full.

whyhorseofcourse
03-05-2009, 12:23 AM
Talamo is winning at about 11% right now, I doubt his dance card is full.

I agree.
I do not like Talamo, he is outclassed in socal. Maybe find a home in WA or KY?

Robert Fischer
03-05-2009, 11:28 AM
I wonder how good must I Want Revenge be if the Mullins camp is able to lure Joe Talamo to New York on Big 'Cap day, the biggest day in the Santa Anita meet? Talamo and his agent must believe this horse has a big shot in the Derby.
On the other hand; Dominguez and Johnny V. and Prado and Albarado, among others; will be at SA and maybe Smokin' Joe got squeezed out of the picture.
Either way, if I Want Revenge runs a big Gotham I guess I'll have my answer.
He should be ok with the surface, although 1 1/16th on dirt should feel a little bit further than on the synthetic. Will be interesting to see how strong he finishes.
He ran big in the Cashcall and ran pretty well in the Robert Lewis even though he was asked a little early.

OTM Al
03-05-2009, 12:46 PM
From a pedigree standpoint I find him quite interesting though how well he will race I don't know. No inbreeding in the last 5 generations, which you rarely see these days and an Argentine and European influence on the bottom. People who hate all the inbreeding should have him as their savior!

bellsbendboy
03-05-2009, 01:58 PM
It was not hard for Mullins to get Joe T. on the plane as he was suspended and will sit on the bench March 7,8,and 11. The suspension does not hold in Ny because of the stake.

With that said, the other jocks in the Gotham are a motley bunch of washed up journeymen or has been's that never were. Talamo himself has ridden less than 3 years and has won about thirty stakes. Do not believe he has seen his twentieth birthday yet.

As for "Revenge" he is not even three yet by the calendar, but no horse in Sourthern Cal is training any better and hopefully the hood will come off. Mullins very good with a target and this $95K buyback will certainly handle dirt and should excel on it if it is not floated. Tough post but plenty of questionable speed signed on and not much to beat on paper. bbb

MickJ26
03-05-2009, 02:19 PM
It was not hard for Mullins to get Joe T. on the plane as he was suspended and will sit on the bench March 7,8,and 11. The suspension does not hold in Ny because of the stake.

With that said, the other jocks in the Gotham are a motley bunch of washed up journeymen or has been's that never were. Talamo himself has ridden less than 3 years and has won about thirty stakes. Do not believe he has seen his twentieth birthday yet.

As for "Revenge" he is not even three yet by the calendar, but no horse in Sourthern Cal is training any better and hopefully the hood will come off. Mullins very good with a target and this $95K buyback will certainly handle dirt and should excel on it if it is not floated. Tough post but plenty of questionable speed signed on and not much to beat on paper. bbb

Excellent info, Bells. I didn't know about the suspension. Many thanks.

the little guy
03-06-2009, 10:11 PM
Wait until Eibar Coa and Alan Garcia hear they are " washed up journeymen or has been's that never were. "

ArlJim78
03-06-2009, 10:42 PM
I cringe if Talamo is on a horse i'm interested in. He's unpredictable to say the least.

Relwob Owner
03-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Wait until Eibar Coa and Alan Garcia hear they are " washed up journeymen or has been's that never were. "

Great point.....especially garcia

HUSKER55
03-07-2009, 02:10 AM
Regarless of what you think of the jockey the trainer did bring him here to ride in a race. That is a lot of time trouble and expense. I think it merits your attention.

How long has the horse been at NYRA? If the horse just got shipped in I would venture a guess and say they are expecting a lot but apparently the powers that be don't think so.

Gotta rank him as a viable contender,...don't we?? thoughts?

thanks

:)

plainolebill
03-07-2009, 02:54 AM
My thinking is that he needs graded stakes earnings to get into the Derby and Pioneer of the Nile has whipped him twice. Mullins kills two birds with one stone if he wins: he gets the $ and they find out he can run on dirt.

I wouldn't bet him at the AM line of 3/1, it looks to me like the horse is topped out - no improvement left in him.

WinterTriangle
03-07-2009, 07:33 AM
no improvement left in him.

That's one of my MAIN points in handicapping the road to the roses etc.
I think you make a good point.

joanied
03-07-2009, 10:13 AM
I don't think the 'Mig' would appreciate being called 'washed up' either...but I agree about Talamo on I Want Revenge...I do not like this kid. He's reckless, too high on himself, and IMO...not really much of a rider.

MickJ26
03-07-2009, 11:44 AM
I believe Mullins said that if he wins the Gotham, then he'll point him toward the Wood. Looks like a two horse race on paper between I Want Revenge and Imperial Council. The track is fast and the weather is beautiful. Does Talamo get bumped off if he doesn't get the score today? If you watch the Jockeys show, the way the edit it would seem like Smokin' Joe is the golden boy of SoCal racing. I wonder why he doesn't ride for his future father-in-law.

One last point of curiousity for those in the know. Edgar Prado rides Momba in the Big 'Cap today for Pletcher. I know Momba does his best work on the recycled airplane tires, but, seems way outclassed here. Prado is the regular rider for Imperial Council who has a big shot in the Gotham and possibly the Derby. I wonder what Pletcher promised Prado down the line if he rides Momba today.

joanied
03-07-2009, 03:27 PM
I believe Mullins said that if he wins the Gotham, then he'll point him toward the Wood. Looks like a two horse race on paper between I Want Revenge and Imperial Council. The track is fast and the weather is beautiful. Does Talamo get bumped off if he doesn't get the score today? If you watch the Jockeys show, the way the edit it would seem like Smokin' Joe is the golden boy of SoCal racing. I wonder why he doesn't ride for his future father-in-law.

One last point of curiousity for those in the know. Edgar Prado rides Momba in the Big 'Cap today for Pletcher. I know Momba does his best work on the recycled airplane tires, but, seems way outclassed here. Prado is the regular rider for Imperial Council who has a big shot in the Gotham and possibly the Derby. I wonder what Pletcher promised Prado down the line if he rides Momba today.

Talamo dosen't ride for Ellis because, IMO...Ellis knows better:lol: ...it gripes me that the Jockey's show plays up to Talamo as much as they do...but at least they showed what a screw up he can be during a race...I'd be scared to have that kid next to me or in front of me in a race...dangerous attitude.

Pletcher must have promised Prado the world on a silver platter...or, Pletcher is damned sure he has a huge shot in the H'cap...with Col. John out, he does have a good chance.

Watcher
03-07-2009, 04:33 PM
vkXry0iCrO0

Sinner369
03-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Appreciate the video, Watcher!

The pace seem very slow........was the track fast?

Still an impressive race by the Revenge.

Also, Imperial Counsil showed a good close....off a slow pace!

MickJ26
03-08-2009, 11:39 AM
In a word....WOW. Talamo didn't even need the whip. They did the mile in 1:36 and change and the last 1/16 in six seconds. I'm sure his Beyer will be over 100 easily. I hope Mullins keeps him here for The Wood. Quite an entourage in the winner's circle. Congrats to Mr. Mullins and company.

joanied
03-08-2009, 12:49 PM
AAARRRGGHH.... happy for Mullins and the connections, and Revenge sure was impressive, although, IMO...the class of the race was Imperial Council...and I thought he ran a hell of a race to get up for place...he'll love the extra distance.
I don't like Talamo...I imagine his head got quite larger after this one...and, in this race, I coulda won on Revenge:D ... it was just soooooo easy.

whyhorseofcourse
03-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Great race as well...
The three big races this week....
Gotham, Oaks, Big cap.....
All give me the chills...

joanied
03-08-2009, 12:58 PM
No one has mentioned the KILROE MILE....VENTURA ran one hell of a race against the colts...lost by a whisker, and in this slim defeat, showed once again how great a race mare she is.

JustRalph
03-08-2009, 04:15 PM
I hate Mullins and Talamo is my new favorite Jock to hate, thanks to that show. Now all I can do is cheer for the horse.............. who does that remind you of? :lol: :lol:

joanied
03-08-2009, 04:58 PM
I hate Mullins and Talamo is my new favorite Jock to hate, thanks to that show. Now all I can do is cheer for the horse.............. who does that remind you of? :lol: :lol:

Just Ralph... In all honesty, I don't even have an opinion about Mullins...and I already said I can't stand Tamaro...so we're on the same page here...and IMO, I Want Revenge beat some second tier horses...except for Imperial Council...despite some of the Derby contender lists...the only horse in the Gotham that I beleive is Derby material is Imperial Council...I don't know much about I Want Revenge...I need to look him up in the PP's and check his pedigree...but regardless, if I decide I like this horse...like you, I sure as s**t won't be rooting for Tamaro....besides, his ego will be so huge now he probably won't be able to make weight:lol:

And yep...I beleive I know who this reminds us of :faint:
:)

Relwob Owner
03-08-2009, 09:24 PM

I am with ya about Mullins and Talamo....the thought of Mullins winning the Derby leaves me a little empty....he said a few years ago that he viewed horses the same way he views cars and I almost threw my remote at the TV.

I also think that Talamo is exactly the same way in real life as he is on that show and that isnt a great thing----does Mullins plan to keep him on board???

As far as who he reminds me of-----Im not sure who you mean but many come to mind in terms of recent horses with annoying connections----horse wise, though,Smarty Jones comes to mind-tractable speed and then pounces

Relwob Owner
03-08-2009, 09:28 PM

hmmmmm...annoying trainer, annoying jock, annoying owners? Just came to me.....

Pace Cap'n
03-08-2009, 10:04 PM
What in the world has Joe Talamo done to deserve all the hate? Yes, I've watched all the "Jockey" shows and all I see is an 18-yr.-old kid having fun and winning races. I have yet to see him abuse any horses, bad-mouth any riders or other connections, or spit on the floor. So what's the problem?

Relwob Owner
03-08-2009, 10:11 PM
What in the world has Joe Talamo done to deserve all the hate? Yes, I've watched all the "Jockey" shows and all I see is an 18-yr.-old kid having fun and winning races. I have yet to see him abuse any horses, bad-mouth any riders or other connections, or spit on the floor. So what's the problem?

I dont hate him, I just find him annoying. On the TV show, I think he was thrust into the "mouthy, cocky young guy" role. However, he did seem to fit that role well. Didnt seem to show Ellis too much respect and also, just the decision to date a trainer's daughter shows questionable judgement. I do realize, though, this could have been the show's producers.

I am most annoyed by the streaky nature in which he rides. He has really good rides and real head scratchers. That is natural for young guys but still annoying.

I just worry because he reminds me of Desourmeax when he was younger and sometimes young, cocky, streaky guys turn into older, cocky, streaky riders.

eastie
03-09-2009, 12:04 AM

they could both hit you with an overhand right to the knee.

PaceAdvantage
03-09-2009, 04:29 AM
I have yet to see him abuse any horses, bad-mouth any riders or other connections, or spit on the floor. So what's the problem?Now hold on there just a second pardner...they showed ol' Joe spitting on the floor not once but TWICE in the last episode!

MickJ26
03-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Does anybody know what kind of speed figure I Want Revenge earned in the Gotham? Thanks.

OTM Al
03-09-2009, 11:23 AM
113. Seems a little high, but he did run a nice race

MickJ26
03-09-2009, 04:09 PM
113. Seems a little high, but he did run a nice race

Thanks, Al.
At the mile mark (1:36) he was about a second off the IDT record for the mile with another 1/16 to go. To say he was tons the best is an understatement.