PDA

View Full Version : Why no Inquiry here?

pktruckdriver
03-03-2009, 07:48 PM
Do they cheat in New Orleans? Naw...

You decide if the 6 was knocked silly by the 2 , The winner, 6 was 2nd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWFCt01TePs&feature=channel

Yet no inquiry was ever done, Why?

Yes I had the 6 to win, but.....

Imriledup
03-03-2009, 07:55 PM
It didn't affect the outcome and it didn't cost the 6 a placing either.

pktruckdriver
03-03-2009, 07:59 PM
It did cost the 6 the win , it was the winner the 2 who came out and banged him off stride , head on was even worse.

That was a hell of a hit too, I saw less get DQ'd, yet this was never even looked at, why?

Relwob Owner
03-03-2009, 08:25 PM
It didn't affect the outcome and it didn't cost the 6 a placing either.

Are you kidding?????????????? He crushed that horse and came directly into his path....definitely cost the horse a placing as it definitely knocked the horse off stride-I am amazed the horse came again so gamely....my sympathies to the guy who posted this and had the 6....

Imriledup
03-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Are you kidding?????????????? He crushed that horse and came directly into his path....definitely cost the horse a placing as it definitely knocked the horse off stride-I am amazed the horse came again so gamely....my sympathies to the guy who posted this and had the 6....

I must have been looking at a different race than you guys.

pktruckdriver
03-03-2009, 08:35 PM
I must have been looking at a different race than you guys.

You're kidding , right? :confused:

jballscalls
03-03-2009, 08:45 PM
I can see both sides of the argument, i mean he definately made pretty severe contact and knocked the horse about, but he certainly didnt cost the horse a placing, the 2 was way the best, even if he doesnt bump the 6. However is it the stewards job to play "god" in a sense and say they knew what would have happened if no contact would have occurred.

Imriledup
03-03-2009, 09:00 PM
I can see both sides of the argument, i mean he definately made pretty severe contact and knocked the horse about, but he certainly didnt cost the horse a placing, the 2 was way the best, even if he doesnt bump the 6. However is it the stewards job to play "god" in a sense and say they knew what would have happened if no contact would have occurred.

But, its kinda their job, to make judgment calls. In my humble opinion, i think that the winner was well in hand, the horse who was bumped was lucky to even get up for 2nd, he was no match, he just couldn't match strides.

whyhorseofcourse
03-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Thats really iffy.
Its a violation no doubt but did it really cost the 6 horse first place???
Thats what the stewards have to ask themselves.

Relwob Owner
03-03-2009, 09:27 PM
But, its kinda their job, to make judgment calls. In my humble opinion, i think that the winner was well in hand, the horse who was bumped was lucky to even get up for 2nd, he was no match, he just couldn't match strides.

Like many, many things in horse racing, a lack of established rules and interpretations is needed that is in place at all tracks and known by all horseman and bettors. There is huge inconsistency in the stewards from track to track and a lack of uniform rules in place. Is it whether or not a foul occurred or whether it affected the placing? This is a constant source of inconsistency, esp in California......in this case, the foul occurred at the head of the stretch so it was impossible to see whether or not the 6 would have won....I have seen horses taken down for so much less.....any clue why no jockey objection?

slew101
03-03-2009, 09:37 PM
I'd have to see the head-on, but I don't see a DQ here. Yes, there was contact, but I don't think it cost the 6.

ArlJim78
03-03-2009, 09:54 PM
no inquiry because there is no way the six wins that race.
it didn't appear to bother him that much, and in the 1.5 furlongs after the bump he lost additional ground to the winner who was well clear.

Relwob Owner
03-03-2009, 10:07 PM
I'd have to see the head-on, but I don't see a DQ here. Yes, there was contact, but I don't think it cost the 6.

Right, but if the 2 doesnt come out and bump the horse and instead has to take another route, does he win????

If you impede another horse at any point during the race, dont you come down? Is there any definitive rule in LA that covers it?

So, if another horse fouls another, it doesnt matter if the other horse wouldnt have won? I find it really hard for anyone to have said "the 6 wouldnt have won"....how do you know since it happened with so much race left to be run

Relwob Owner
03-03-2009, 10:09 PM
no inquiry because there is no way the six wins that race.
it didn't appear to bother him that much, and in the 1.5 furlongs after the bump he lost additional ground to the winner who was well clear.

By saying he lost additional ground doesnt hold too much importance, though, since it was after the bump....how can you use that as a gauge when you have no idea how much it affected the horse getting bumped so hard?

ArlJim78
03-03-2009, 10:29 PM
By saying he lost additional ground doesnt hold too much importance, though, since it was after the bump....how can you use that as a gauge when you have no idea how much it affected the horse getting bumped so hard?
the six appeared to have less forward momentum than the two even before the bump, and was certainly no match late.
in a nutshell, the margin of victory was large enough to make the bump a non-factor. there was no way the six wins that race even without the bump.

ArlJim78
03-03-2009, 10:33 PM
you also have to see the head-on, which I haven't.

I have seen many times what looks like contact in the pan shot is nothing in the head-on. I don't know if thats the case here, I'm just saying the pan shot can be very misleading.

Relwob Owner
03-03-2009, 10:43 PM
the six appeared to have less forward momentum than the two even before the bump, and was certainly no match late.
in a nutshell, the margin of victory was large enough to make the bump a non-factor. there was no way the six wins that race even without the bump.

I guess I am still waiting for someone to tell me how the stewards are instructed to evaluate it in LA-is it whether a foul occurred or whether the horse would have won?

The problem with the "would have/should have" game is this---in that case, the two didnt have room and clearly hit the 6 in order to get that room-so, if the 2 wouldnt have violated the rules, he may not have gotten through at all.

The conclusion you seem to be coming to is that a horse can hammer any other horse and then survive an objection through the fact that he would have won....seems like a dangerous precedent to set

Watcher
03-03-2009, 10:51 PM
There's a line indented in the grass due to the mowers. You can see that the 6 horse was staying on that lane. The 2 horse, coming off the turn behind horse 4 bounced to the outside into the 6 horse's lane. Contact was made and you could see the 6 horse physically move off his previous line.

There should have been a review on this race, you're correct.

ArlJim78
03-03-2009, 11:01 PM
as I recall there was no objection either. why would that be if there was supposedly some great infraction that cost the six the win?