PDA

View Full Version : Gitmo

cj's dad
03-03-2009, 10:10 AM
Refreshing to know that the folks at Gitmoo are receiving humanitarian treatment.

http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f20479%5fANg6vs4AARgeSa1BiQuVtHHBz RQ&pid=2.6&fid=Inbox&inline=1

http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f20479%5fANg6vs4AARgeSa1BiQuVtHHBz RQ&pid=2.7&fid=Inbox&inline=1

http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f20479%5fANg6vs4AARgeSa1BiQuVtHHBz RQ&pid=2.8&fid=Inbox&inline=1

http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f20479%5fANg6vs4AARgeSa1BiQuVtHHBz RQ&pid=2.9&fid=Inbox&inline=1

Greyfox
03-03-2009, 12:04 PM
The "thought" control police must be monitoring you. My browser won't open any of the sites that you've posted.

cj's dad
03-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Sorry mine works ok

FYI - pics 1-2-3 show the bastards killing Nick Berg and #4 shows the twin towers; I think it's much needed to get a reminder every so often

The "thought" control police must be monitoring you. My browser won't open any of the sites that you've posted.

jballscalls
03-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Mine works fine

pics 1-2-3 show the bastards killing Nick Berg

pic 4 shows the twin towers.

I just think Americans need a reminder now and then.

yeah they dont work for me either. We dont need a reminder, we all remember what those bastards did. just seems an odd way to drum up patiotism, by showing our darkest hours.

ddog
03-03-2009, 12:45 PM
yeah , i dream of the day when we can be as sadistic and brutal as the worst of humankind , maybe after we reach that highpoint we can loop it on the msm 24X7 to celebrate.

sounds like some have already won the race to the bottom.
congrats.

cj's dad
03-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Imagine how Nick Berg and 3000+ Americans felt in those situations.

Gee, I apologize for bringing back bad memories. Remember, this asshole of a president is closing Gitmo and dispersing these criminals to all parts of the globe.

Oh that I were as caring as thee.

And "drumming up patriotism" - what ??
It's called remembering what our enemies did to this country.

ddog
03-03-2009, 01:03 PM
my senses had nothing to do with it.

they were not offended.

however they damn sure would be if the country adopted your race to the bottom as SOP.

cj's dad
03-03-2009, 01:07 PM
so then in your world we only remember the good things?

hcap
03-23-2009, 06:34 AM
From Kos....

Dahlia Lithwick documented in Slate the main character's influence upon Administration and military officials.

According to British lawyer and writer Philippe Sands, Jack Bauer—played by Kiefer Sutherland—was an inspiration at early "brainstorming meetings" of military officials at Guantanamo in September of 2002. Diane Beaver, the staff judge advocate general who gave legal approval to 18 controversial new interrogation techniques including water-boarding, sexual humiliation, and terrorizing prisoners with dogs, told Sands that Bauer "gave people lots of ideas." Michael Chertoff, the homeland-security chief, once gushed in a panel discussion on 24 organized by the Heritage Foundation that the show "reflects real life.

John Yoo, the former Justice Department lawyer who produced the so-called torture memos—simultaneously redefining both the laws of torture and logic—cites Bauer in his book War by Other Means. "What if, as the popular Fox television program '24' recently portrayed, a high-level terrorist leader is caught who knows the location of a nuclear weapon?" Even Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, speaking in Canada last summer, shows a gift for this casual toggling between television and the Constitution. "Jack Bauer saved Los Angeles. ... He saved hundreds of thousands of lives," Scalia said. "Are you going to convict Jack Bauer?"

.......according to Lawrence Wilkerson, former Chief of Staff to Secretary of State Colin Powell, writing in the Washington Note:

Simply stated, even for those two dozen or so of the detainees who might well be hardcore terrorists, there was virtually no chain of custody, no disciplined handling of evidence, and no attention to the details that almost any court system would demand. Falling back on "sources and methods" and "intelligence secrets" became the Bush administration's modus operandi to camouflage this grievous failing.

But their ultimate cover was that the struggle in which they were involved was war and in war those detained could be kept for the duration. And this war, by their own pronouncements, had no end. For political purposes, they knew it certainly had no end within their allotted four to eight years. Moreover, its not having an end, properly exploited, would help ensure their eight rather than four years in office.

In addition, it has never come to my attention in any persuasive way--from classified information or otherwise--that any intelligence of significance was gained from any of the detainees at Guantanamo Bay other than from the handful of undisputed ring leaders and their companions, clearly no more than a dozen or two of the detainees, and even their alleged contribution of hard, actionable intelligence is intensely disputed in the relevant communities such as intelligence and law enforcement.

In other words, youse guys are "playing" TV characters. Pretend time. Exactly what we need in the real world.

prospector
03-23-2009, 06:52 AM
we need more of Jack Bauer and far less of obama

Tom
03-23-2009, 07:31 AM
The POSPOTUS is now even taking away the term terrorist.
Agree, more Jack Bauers are needed.
Less "bracket-pickers."

JustRalph
03-23-2009, 11:47 AM
POSPOTUS
:lol: :lol:

robert99
03-23-2009, 06:10 PM
Support your local Sheriff, vote Taliban

From a UK soccer forum:

"Having just watched a sky news report from pakistan in an area where the taliban have now moved in i have to admit to being impressed with the way the taliban meated out instant justice to a drug dealer..........several lashes with a **** off big cane. according to the locals since the taliban started running the law and order in this region crime has gone down significantly and it got me wandering.....would the streets of this country be a whole lot safer if the little bastards that go around mugging , vandalising and stealing were given a damn good public birching. personally i think that after 2 weeks and half a dozen beatings the ****ers would start behaving themselves and start showing a bit of respect for the rest of us"

hcap
03-23-2009, 08:29 PM
Hey, why stop with "24". There are a bunch of prime TV shows as good or not better.

The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
The Wild Wild West
The Avengers
Get Smart
The Prisoner

And of course Bond, James Bond.
Maybe we could get Connery out of retirement and make him head of CIA?.
Pretend time. Too bad bush et al were such fans.
Just like adolescent conservatives and the most of the Pa crew

Marshall Bennett
03-23-2009, 09:46 PM
Hey, why stop with "24". There are a bunch of prime TV shows as good or not better.

The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
The Wild Wild West
The Avengers
Get Smart
The Prisoner

And of course Bond, James Bond.
Maybe we could get Connery out of retirement and make him head of CIA?.
Pretend time. Too bad bush et al were such fans.
Just like adolescent conservatives and the most of the Pa crew
Reading your post I thought to myself " thats good , I'm impressed " Why in hell did you make the sudden left turn towards the end ? I hate it when you do that . That ruined my moment .:confused:

hcap
03-23-2009, 10:00 PM
Sudden? :jump: I have been satirizing bush intel gurus, and of course the conservatives here for believing a T.V. show constitutes reality.

Marshall, to understand this maybe you should make a very important call.

http://blog.wired.com/underwire/images/2008/06/16/getsmartoriginalshoephone250.jpg