PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Michelle

Dick Schmidt
03-02-2009, 05:11 PM
On the top right hand corner of Page 17 of the New York Post of January 24th, 2009, was a short column entitled "Replacing Michelle" in the National Review "The Week" column. H ere it is, word for word, as it appeared.

'Some employees are simply irreplaceable. Take Michelle Obama: The University of Chicago Medical center hired her in 2002 to run "programs for community relations, neighborhood outreach, volunteer recruitment, staff diversity and minority contracting."

In 2005 the hospital raised her salary from $120,000 to $317,000 - nearly twice what her husband made as a Senator.

Oh, did we mention that her husband had just become a US Senator? He sure had. Requested a $1 Million earmark for the UC Medical Center, in fact. Way to network Michelle!

But now that Mrs. Obama has resigned, the hospital says her position will remain unfilled. How can that be, if the work she did was vital enough to be worth $317,000?

We can think of only one explanation: Senator Roland Burris's wife wasn't interested.

---The Editors of National Review, writing in the Magazine's Feb 9 issue.

Dick

POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN, FOR THE SAME REASON!

BombsAway Bob
03-02-2009, 06:48 PM
I'm amazed it took this long for the story to be posted here.:eek:

Tom
03-02-2009, 09:26 PM
Hope?
Change?

:lol::lol::lol:

JustRalph
03-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Nice Catch Dick.......

I missed that one............... :ThmbUp:

toetoe
03-04-2009, 04:37 PM
:lol: .

Don't you think the neighborhood, diversity and minorities deserve the full-time efforts of someone in this position, regardless of the enormity of the chunk of, um ... change involved ?

I should take these fools more seriously, but all I can mange right now is ... :lol: .