PDA

View Full Version : If the costs of fuel have gone down considerably then why

onefast99
03-02-2009, 04:22 PM
are the transport companies still charging high fees to bring horses between NY and Gulfstream? Last April Siminoff charged $800 per head to bring horses from GP to Monmouth Park(same as the larger transporters also). At that time the cost for deisel fuel was about $4.70 per gallon, in December it was $2.50 per gallon and the cost was $750 per head. Today deisel is $2.39 and there is a strong probability that it will dip another 15% by mid April. Should the lower cost of fuel be passed on to the consumer in this situation or am I missing something?

supercap
03-02-2009, 04:32 PM
are the transport companies still charging high fees to bring horses between NY and Gulfstream? Last April Siminoff charged $800 per head to bring horses from GP to Monmouth Park(same as the larger transporters also). At that time the cost for deisel fuel was about $4.70 per gallon, in December it was $2.50 per gallon and the cost was $750 per head. Today deisel is $2.39 and there is a strong probability that it will dip another 15% by mid April. Should the lower cost of fuel be passed on to the consumer in this situation or am I missing something?

I would agree that the fuel surcharge should be way down. I am in the trucking business and have reduced my fuel service charge by 25 to 30 percent.This is just greedy transport companies trying to ripoff the consumer. They had no problem raising the fuel surcharge I would be interested to hear the excuse for not lowering the fuel.

onefast99
03-02-2009, 04:36 PM
What amazes me is that one of the transporters we use told me that due to the economy they were going to raise their prices. Thats a slap in the face.

Imriledup
03-02-2009, 04:38 PM
Same thing with breakage. They instituted breakage because they didn't want to hold up the betting lines. Now, there are dime supers that often pay to the penny and nothing has been done to make sure horses pay what they are supposed to pay. If this shipping company is charging too much, people need to find a company who will charge less.

HUSKER55
03-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Get everyone together and start a boycott of that company. Then you can give them the raise they want while taking your business elsewhere. Sooner or later tey will discover than 100% of nothing is still nothing, regardless of what the dems tell you.

Robert Fischer
03-02-2009, 04:49 PM
lol , I can't believe stamps are going up again... :D

supercap
03-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Why bother?

onefast99
03-02-2009, 05:01 PM
He continues to add nothing from his comedic side:eek:

onefast99
03-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Get everyone together and start a boycott of that company. Then you can give them the raise they want while taking your business elsewhere. Sooner or later tey will discover than 100% of nothing is still nothing, regardless of what the dems tell you.
A lot of the other owners let the trainers take care of this matter. They deal with the trucking agents who give a price and then when the bill comes it is completely different!

supercap
03-02-2009, 05:04 PM
He continues to add nothing from his comedic side:eek:
Maybe the concept is a touch to difficult to understand :confused:

Robert Fischer
03-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Maybe the concept is a touch to difficult to understand :confused:

hey... sorry I put the little smile face next to my post.
We are talking about a situation where the economy is down, fuel prices are down, and yet transportation reliant businesses are insisting on RAISING their prices (such as the 5/11/09 postal rate increase).
Yes it is a slap in the face. I don't give a care if it is shipping a horse, a piece of mail, or a pizza delivery charge. The customers don't seem to be getting a "slice" of the decrease in fuel costs.

Good Luck i hope you get a better transport deal.

onefast99
03-02-2009, 05:36 PM
We are talking about a situation where the economy is down, fuel prices are down, and yet transportation reliant businesses are insisting on RAISING their prices (such as the 5/11/09 postal rate increase).
Yes it is a slap in the face. I don't give a care if it is shipping a horse, a piece of mail, or a pizza delivery charge. The customers don't seem to be getting a "slice" of the decrease in fuel costs.

Agree on all of those who continue to milk the economy for everything its worth maybe a boycott would send the right message to these greedy folks.

supercap
03-02-2009, 06:00 PM

Thats more like it!!!