PDA

View Full Version : Another Silly Question

toetoe
03-02-2009, 03:32 PM
How can I lock the bar across the top of my screen ? Is that the subject bar, the menu bar, the IE bar, the oyster bar ... c'mon McHale ... whaawhaawhat ? :confused:

It disappears, and I must pass the cursor over it to show it. I have had this problem with the task bar down below, but I think I know how to keep that visible.

headhawg
03-02-2009, 03:43 PM
:confused:

If you are talking about IE7, on the far right there is a tools button. Click it, and there's a menu for Toolbars and an option to Lock the Toolbar.

toetoe
03-02-2009, 04:01 PM
Thanks. That wasn't it, but in desperation I found the auto-hide button under the little magnifying glass symbol. Now, I swear auto-hide was not in the dropdown every time I opened the magnifying glass thingy, but I persisted and finally found it. Anyway, someone had gone on there to hide it. Very strange.

Thanks, HH.

DJofSD
03-02-2009, 04:08 PM
t-t, if the bar you are wanting to lock contains the different applications then that is the task bar.

If you wish to change the task bar behavior, right mouse button click on the Start button, select properties then on the window that pops up, select task bar.

If the bar you are seeing is not the task bar, it could be some other tool bar. It could be a tool bar that is managed by Windows. One way to find out what other tool bar it might be is to again, right mouse button click on the Start button, properties, then select the Toolbars tab. What is shown with a check mark is a possible toolbar you could be looking at.