PDA

View Full Version : So I was in maryland saturday and saw this lottery game called racetrax

kyle2227
03-02-2009, 12:39 AM
So I was in maryland saturday and saw this lottery game called racetrax. I looked up at the tv and saw horses running. When I got closer I saw that it was video horse racing. I so I up to the bar to place a bet. The odds were displayed on the television. You can bet win show exacta and trifecta. You could bet $1 up to $125 I believe it was. I believe it was all 10 or 12 horse fields. They had the payouts for trifecta set at a guaranteed minumum for every race I believe it was something like $90 or so was the guaranteed minimum up to the maximum which I believe was 34000 something. The any way the 1 horse was always the favorite all the way up to the 12 which was always the longest shot on the board. I believe the show price on the 1 was always like 1.20 and the win was always $3. All the way up to 10 or so dollars to show for the 12 horse. The trifectas always seemed to pay 200+ dollars. Usually each race would finish with run chalks and one longshot. The biggest problem was trying to pick which longshot would run in the money as 12 horse field. The only handicapping information I believe that you really had was the wins places and shows of the current horse. I believe races ran every five minutes. It was interesting. They offered a promotion play a $6 trifecta ticket for only $5. I had bad luck picking what longshot would run in the money. After loosing $12 I quit. Won one show bet lost all my other bets. Was interesting to play.

SMOO
03-02-2009, 08:21 AM
no expensive horses to train or feed.

you have seen the future of horse racing.

Cangamble
03-02-2009, 08:44 AM
It is sad that it has come down to this.
I saw the video at the link at the bottom. There is no reason tracks couldn't make it as simple as they do, except of course, you have an actual racing form to go by when you are betting real horses.
http://www.mdlottery.com/h2p_racetrax.html

rokitman
03-02-2009, 09:22 AM
No tracks to build and maintain, no horses to buy, train and maintain, no tellers etc...and a 33% take-out. I'm sure this will be just great for the people of Maryland. The politicians should be really proud of themselves.

cj's dad
03-03-2009, 05:49 PM
So I was in maryland saturday and saw this lottery game called racetrax. I looked up at the tv and saw horses running. When I got closer I saw that it was video horse racing. I so I up to the bar to place a bet. The odds were displayed on the television. You can bet win show exacta and trifecta. You could bet $1 up to $125 I believe it was. I believe it was all 10 or 12 horse fields. They had the payouts for trifecta set at a guaranteed minumum for every race I believe it was something like $90 or so was the guaranteed minimum up to the maximum which I believe was 34000 something. The any way the 1 horse was always the favorite all the way up to the 12 which was always the longest shot on the board. I believe the show price on the 1 was always like 1.20 and the win was always $3. All the way up to 10 or so dollars to show for the 12 horse. The trifectas always seemed to pay 200+ dollars. Usually each race would finish with run chalks and one longshot. The biggest problem was trying to pick which longshot would run in the money as 12 horse field. The only handicapping information I believe that you really had was the wins places and shows of the current horse. I believe races ran every five minutes. It was interesting. They offered a promotion play a $6 trifecta ticket for only $5. I had bad luck picking what longshot would run in the money. After loosing $12 I quit. Won one show bet lost all my other bets. Was interesting to play.

This is the biggest rip-off in the history of mankind-what were you thinking???

JWBurnie
03-03-2009, 06:51 PM
I'd bet on three horse fields all day before ever playing that crap. It's down right sad that a track hosting live racing would give patrons the option to play a video game instead. If nothing else, make it pig racing, or some other animal. Waste of time, money & space. This makes me not want to support Magna in any way.

sandpit
03-03-2009, 09:14 PM
I'd bet on three horse fields all day before ever playing that crap. It's down right sad that a track hosting live racing would give patrons the option to play a video game instead. If nothing else, make it pig racing, or some other animal. Waste of time, money & space. This makes me not want to support Magna in any way.

Welcome to Oaklawn Park and Instant Racing

1GCFAN
03-03-2009, 09:21 PM
This game was set for BEU in Ohio a couple of years ago before the usual critcs of expanded gambling pulled it back.

Track Collector
03-03-2009, 10:33 PM
Just to set the record straight, this is a lottery game and is not the same as the instant racing game. This game has nothing to do with traditional handicapping, but one evidently tries to select the winning "numbers" which have a different probability of coming in. And, as a lottery game, the take-out is extremely high, perhaps even approaching 50%. Some seem to believe that this game is offered by race tracks as an alternative to live and simulcasting, but it is instead available is bars, liquor stores, convenience stores, etc. where lottery tickets are typically sold.

Feeling lucky about some numbers, have fun playing the game. Trying to improve your odds via some type of handicapping, forget about it!!!

chickenhead
03-04-2009, 01:36 AM
I've been wanting to try selling tout sheets.....this sounds like the perfect venue.

cj's dad
03-04-2009, 07:28 AM

These games are not available at the tracks I frequent which are Laurel and Pimlico.
If you read the OP, Kyle said, "so I went up to the bar"; I believe he was in a tavern (bar room), which is where they are prevalent.

JWBurnie
03-04-2009, 09:55 AM
These games are not available at the tracks I frequent which are Laurel and Pimlico.
If you read the OP, Kyle said, "so I went up to the bar"; I believe he was in a tavern (bar room), which is where they are prevalent.

I gotcha, I thought he was referring to the bar at the track. Sorry. What are the games that LRL has inside, right at the mile finish line (never open)?

cj's dad
03-04-2009, 10:00 AM
I gotcha, I thought he was referring to the bar at the track. Sorry. What are the games that LRL has inside, right at the mile finish line (never open)?

That is right at the Clubhouse bar. It was a place where you could go in, put in a voucher and have a computer randomly select your winning horse or horses - you, the customer merely selected the track, race #, wager type and amount. It was a complete failure. This room is now used for storage.

BTW- cj and his brother and I will be at Laurel on Sunday the 15th if you can make it.

JWBurnie
03-04-2009, 10:07 AM
That is right at the Clubhouse bar. It was a place where you could go in, put in a voucher and have a computer randomly select your winning horse or horses - you, the customer merely selected the track, race #, wager type and amount. It was a complete failure. This room is now used for storage.

BTW- cj and his brother and I will be at Laurel on Sunday the 15th if you can make it.

What tracks do you typically play? 3/15 is dark.

whyhorseofcourse
03-04-2009, 10:43 AM
I've been wanting to try selling tout sheets.....this sounds like the perfect venue.

:lol: Now that is funny.

SMOO
03-04-2009, 11:13 AM
Bet on the horse taking an electronic dump.

Passthehat
03-04-2009, 07:24 PM

What an idiot! I have seen this game. All it is is a fancy way to pick numbers. The past record is bull shot, my friend. But you thought it valid capping info?? :lol: ooh sorry.

Its a way to entertain the stupid and have them actually think they are playing horses -- and you fell for it :D

sorry

chickenhead
03-04-2009, 09:22 PM
you know what you could do.....if you change the names of everything to made up stuff, and diddle all the info +/- a small, random amount....

people could bet forever on a endless mix tape of real past races, from all over the world. Everything handicapping wise is valid, it's all real info, and the outcome is real. When you're betting a race today it could just have easily have occured 2 years ago.

Yeah, I kind of like that idea. We can wager on these events more than once.

highnote
03-07-2009, 03:22 AM
No more breakdowns. :ThmbUp:

BombsAway Bob
03-07-2009, 12:11 PM
you know what you could do.....if you change the names of everything to made up stuff, and diddle all the info +/- a small, random amount....
people could bet forever on a endless mix tape of real past races, from all over the world. Everything handicapping wise is valid, it's all real info, and the outcome is real. When you're betting a race today it could just have easily have occured 2 years ago.
Yeah, I kind of like that idea. We can wager on these events more than once.
it's already been done..our "social club" in South Fitchburg rented it for a fundraiser. You get mini PP's, the races were probably from the Late 60's, early '70s.. Jocks were omitted to protect the guilty... I had three winners, & everyone thought I somehow rigged the game!