PDA

View Full Version : Need an unusual database

sealman
03-01-2009, 08:53 PM
Back in November I started fooling around with a system based on one of Ainslie's (the SAINTED Ainslie to some of us!) principals for building your own system in his Complete Guide To Thoroughbred Racing. The starting point is the Graded Handicap selections in DRF. I began with some of his basic principals, tweaked them a little, and gave the system a small test. I bought the Racing Form six consecutive days and came up with twenty-six plays, of which I won twelve. On a $2 flat bet basis I invested $52 and collected $128, for a 146% ROI. I then decided to check the system vis a vis Exactas and Trifectas. Keying my selection over the other contenders a $228 investment brought me a return of $494.40 (117% ROI) on exactas; for trifectas the investment was $1,494, with a return of $3,303.10 (121% ROI).

Despite the visions of sugarplums dancing in my head, I do realize that this is a mighty small sample to be extrapolating from. In order to carry out some additional research I would need a database of DRF Graded Handicap selections. I'm planning to get in touch with them to see if such is available, but I wanted to check here first. It seems to me that SOMEBODY in these forums always seems to know where to get things. Of course this may all come to naught, but it reaffirms my belief that there is no substitute for getting back to basics.