PDA

View Full Version : El Rushbo brings down the house

ArlJim78
03-01-2009, 09:21 AM
_qtvtBGWgBc

just the first of many videos, you can watch the rest of them at the link.
no script, no teleprompter, just lets it fly. in other words he's a real orator, not a script reader.

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/02/28/video-limbaugh-brings-down-the-house-at-cpac/

ArlJim78
03-01-2009, 09:35 AM
m8NgDRKXyH8

dutchboy
03-01-2009, 10:07 AM
His speech was rebroadcast on CSPAN Sunday morning. I did not realize what a brilliant man he was.

jballscalls
03-01-2009, 11:16 AM
I was reading this on foxnews.com last night and was wondering how long it would take this right wing board to post it LOL 7 hours from when i read it LOL
Only problem is they need to find a candidate to execute his ideals.

ArlJim78
03-01-2009, 11:24 AM
I was reading this on foxnews.com last night and was wondering how long it would take this right wing board to post it LOL 7 hours from when i read it LOL
Only problem is they need to find a candidate to execute his ideals.
you are so right about that.

ArlJim78
03-01-2009, 11:25 AM
His speech was rebroadcast on CSPAN Sunday morning. I did not realize what a brilliant man he was.
i'm curious, are you joking or being serious?

dutchboy
03-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Serious. What a great American.
i'm curious, are you joking or being serious?

jballscalls
03-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Serious. What a great American.

I'm curious, are you joking or being serious?

dutchboy
03-01-2009, 01:20 PM
Serious
I'm curious, are you joking or being serious?

Overlay
03-01-2009, 01:29 PM
I didn't watch the speech in its entirety. Were there any straw-in the-wind indications of who Rush or CPAC has in mind as a possible Republican candidate in 2012?

DJofSD
03-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Walter E. Williams.

JustRalph
03-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Walter E. Williams.

that's a man I could vote for

boxcar
03-01-2009, 02:25 PM
that's a man I could vote for

I second that motion!

Boxcar

jballscalls
03-01-2009, 02:31 PM
isn't he another really old guy?? like 75 or something?? you guys need a candidate that is a bit younger and can speak to people under 40

NJ Stinks
03-01-2009, 02:59 PM
Listening to the 18 minutes posted here, Limbaugh sounds like a football coach who's team is losing 28-0 at the half. So during the halftime break he goes into the locker room and tells his team: "Believe me. We have the game plan in place to come back and win the game in the second half." His players, understanding by halftime why they were 19 point underdogs going into the game, let out a few hopeful whoops for their beleaguered coach. Of course, Rush being Rush, he can't help but add that the coach of the other team doesn't know what he's doing because, after all, he's Rush L. and the other guy's not.

Nobody wants onerous taxes, to be controlled by the government, whatever. Everybody wants to be free to do what they want. Unfortunately, the banks proved they need more regulation, Wall Street needs to be checked to make sure profits don't ruin the economy or environment, the country needs more money than it's got to operate effectively, and not everybody has equal ability. (Like your own family, some are going to need to contribute more than others if the family is going to continue to thrive.)

Anyway, I didn't hear Rush offer anything more than he usually does. Sometimes a coach has to call an audible. :rolleyes:

Overlay
03-01-2009, 04:06 PM
I didn't watch the speech in its entirety. Were there any straw-in the-wind indications of who Rush or CPAC has in mind as a possible Republican candidate in 2012?

They must have overheard me...

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/03/01/1815249.aspx?GT1=43001

"For the third straight year, Mitt Romney won the CPAC presidential preference straw poll with 20% of the vote. Bobby Jindal finished with 14%, just ahead of Ron Paul and Sarah Palin, who got 13% each.

CPAC over the years has drawn a younger crowd of student activists. (57% of the respondents to the poll were between 18 and 25.)

Newt Gingrich finished with 10%, Mike Huckabee 7%, Mark Sanford 4%, Rudy Giuliani 3%, Tim Pawlenty 2%, Charlie Crist 1%, and 9% said they were undecided.

Just 55% said they were satisfied with the potential GOP 2012 field; 44% said they wished the Republicans had a better field."

boxcar
03-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Nobody wants onerous taxes, to be controlled by the government, whatever. Everybody wants to be free to do what they want.

Then...why did you vote for BO!? This guy is anti-Constitution. Anti-Capitalism. Pro-Welfare State. Pro Big Government. Pro Taxation. Pro Collectivism. If this commie's agenda gets pushed through, we'll all be experiencing far less individual liberties than ever before in this country's young history. As Rush said (and as I also recently told 'Cap) -- it's all about CONTROL. The more control the State seizes, the less control we'll have over our own lives. It's really that simple.

Boxcar

Jacimo
03-01-2009, 04:56 PM

"Brilliant", you really think so?

Run him for office! In fact, put Palin or Pieoosh Jindal on the ticket as his V.P. :lol:

When a drug abusing "ESPN racist" is your go to guy, you know your fate is sealed.

prospector
03-01-2009, 05:07 PM

Run him for office! In fact, put Palin or Pieoosh Jindal on the ticket as his V.P. :lol:

When a drug abusing "ESPN racist" is your go to guy, you know your fate is sealed.
wow, shouldn't you be on daily kos website?

for those who didn't watch el rushmo on his first national speech..it wasn't about being a republican...it was about being a conserative..:jump::jump:

Secretariat
03-01-2009, 05:16 PM
No, I fully support Rushbo speaking his mind and the dittoheads following him. Please support him. This is great for us.

DJofSD
03-01-2009, 05:20 PM
I'm reading an article about the IndyMac failure. The IG reported the regulators should have recognized the start of IndyMac's problems more than two years ago. But the regulators missed it -- just like they some how could not see the Madoff was running a scam and dispite the fact that those regulators were being told the model he touted as the means of his success just did not compute.

So, it part, we have the greatest financial crisis ever seen b/c the government could not, would not do it's job. But here we are spending massive amounts of money and proposing spending trillions and trillions of dollars more, to put the government in charge of more and more. But, time and time again, the government proves it can't do the job. Why should we be giving more control and more money to a government that's had massive failures when it comes to it's oversight and regulatory function? Why are we "rewarding" failure?

One definition of being crazy is repeating the same actions over and over again without changing anything but expecting different results.

I guess we're all on the crazy train. And the engineer is Casey Jones.

Tom
03-01-2009, 05:28 PM

Perhaps you should check your facts before you call people racists. You are flat out wrong, and a liar. Go get his entire quote and explain to me what exactly is racist in what he said.

Or is just shooting off your big ignorant mouth all you are good for?

jballscalls
03-01-2009, 05:33 PM
Perhaps you should check your facts before you call people racists. You are flat out wrong, and a liar. Go get his entire quote and explain to me what exactly is racist in what he said.

Or is just shooting off your big ignorant mouth all you are good for?

Agree with Tom here, Rush never said anything Racist on Espn, he said something Racial. there is a biggggg difference.

Jacimo
03-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Agree with Tom here, Rush never said anything Racist on Espn, he said something Racial. there is a biggggg difference.

Its my understanding that "Drugs Limpball" coined the term "Halfrican" that was tossed about by the racially intolerant pre (and post) election.

That guy is what he is. If the tripe that tends to spew from that fella's mouth entertains you, then more power to ya. But Hate Radio is anathema to the "public's best interests" and he and the haters like him better find a more civil manner of presenting their demented views. But, similar to Republicons generally, I think their days are numbered regardless.

boxcar
03-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Its my understanding that "Drugs Limpball" coined the term "Halfrican" that was tossed about by the racially intolerant pre (and post) election.

That guy is what he is. If the tripe that tends to spew from that fella's mouth entertains you, then more power to ya. But Hate Radio is anathema to the "public's best interests" and he and the haters like him better find a more civil manner of presenting their demented views. But, similar to Republicons generally, I think their days are numbered regardless.

It's your "understanding"? Can you document it? Or are you just another mind-numbed, robotic, propaganda-programmed windbag?

Boxcar

Jacimo
03-01-2009, 08:33 PM
It's your "understanding"? Can you document it? Or are you just another mind-numbed, robotic, propaganda-programmed windbag?

Boxcar

When ESPN canned Limpballs two weeks into his gig, the burden of proof shifted to those wanting to assert he's not a racist. It's not my gig Holmes.

You know what his problem is? He lives (lived) in a cloistered "hate radio" world where he could be as blatantly racist as he wished. But when his daily "opinions" were voiced in the Real World, he could not constrain his racist tendencies for even two weeks. But even more telling, he still doesn't understand how far out of bounds his comments are. Both then and now. It's comically tragic. :lol:

dutchboy
03-01-2009, 08:52 PM
What would be you opinion of the Rev Wright's comments? Since your leader spent years supporting him I assume you agree with his comments. I doubt if anyone could find anything harsh Rush has said that would even be close to what the Rev has said on video.

When ESPN canned Limpballs two weeks into his gig, the burden of proof shifted to those wanting to assert he's not a racist. It's not my gig Holmes.

You know what his problem is? He lives (lived) in a cloistered "hate radio" world where he could be as blatantly racist as he wished. But when his daily "opinions" were voiced in the Real World, he could not constrain his racist tendencies for even two weeks. But even more telling, he still doesn't understand how far out of bounds his comments are. Both then and now. It's comically tragic. :lol:

boxcar
03-01-2009, 08:56 PM

The burden of proof, sir, shifts to brain-dead morons who make unfounded charges. You, sir, are ASSuming that ESPN wasn't acting out of political correctness, or spitefullness or that someone didn't take his remarks out of context -- the latter which is frequently done by the mainstream media. Bottom line: If you're going to shoot your mouth off, it's incumbent upon you to show us that you're not just another stupid, brainwashed blowhard shooting blanks -- because these are all you have stored in your dimly lit attic.

Boxcar

Jacimo
03-01-2009, 09:09 PM
What would be you opinion of the Rev Wright's comments? Since your leader spent years supporting him I assume you agree with his comments. I doubt if anyone could find anything harsh Rush has said that would even be close to what the Rev has said on video.

I don't think anyone was particularly pleased with Reverend Wright's statements.

If you're asking which of the two would be more electable, I'd have to flip a coin. I might vote Wright, but I'd have to listen to his entire comments. I've never heard the full context, just the incendiary part and I'm guessing most Americans haven't heard it in context either.

What was even more ludicrous than the statements though was the Remnants of the Republicon Party attempting to use the questionable words of one man against another. That just didn't "Play in Peoria" as the election amply demonstrated.

Some facts are just far more important. You know when I realized it was ovah for the Republicon Party?...When Denny Hasterts 100 year Republican Seat fell to the Democratic Patriots in the special election. I KNEW it then...I KNOW it now.

Game ovah man........game ovah :D

ArlJim78
03-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Illinois is a great reference for democratic corruption. we're so proud of our senators Turban and Burrs.

We'll see what happens after they run the country into the ground just like they've done to all the big cities and states that they control.

I read somewhere that the average home value in Detroit is $7,500. what a wonderful number the unions and democrats have done there. gee, should I buy a house in Detroit or claim a horse at Beulah? same level of investment.

Marshall Bennett
03-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Its funny how these threads spin off into the twilight zone .

Tom
03-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Another re-incarnated bozo shows up with a big mouth and no facts. Go figure. Still waiting for you to post his quote, Mr. Mouth.

Rookies
03-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Wed, Jan 24, 2007 6:50pm ET

Limbaugh on Obama: "Halfrican American"

On the January 24 broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio show, host Rush Limbaugh (http://mediamatters.org/issues_topics/people/rushlimbaugh) referred to Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) and actress Halle Berry as "Halfrican American[s]," stating that "Barack Obama has picked up another endorsement: Halfrican American actress Halle Berry." Limbaugh then said: " 'As a Halfrican American, I am honored to have Ms. Berry's support, as well as the support of other Halfrican Americans,' Obama said." Limbaugh then conceded that Obama "didn't say it."

Obama (http://mediamatters.org/rd?http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/24/washington/24obama.html/rssnyt?ex=1169787600&en=e0ed0aa82ecf8e63&ei=5070) "is the son of a white mother from Kansas and a black father from Kenya." As Media Matters for America has noted (http://mediamatters.org/items/200612070006), conservative talk radio host Brian Sussman has also characterized Obama as a "Halfrican." Sussman later issued an apology on his website (http://mediamatters.org/rd?http://www.briansussman.com/wordofthanks.html), describing his comments about Obama as "insensitive."

From the January 24 broadcast of Premiere Radio Networks' The Rush Limbaugh Show:

LIMBAUGH: Hey, Barack Obama has picked up another endorsement: Halfrican American actress Halle Berry. "As a Halfrican American, I am honored to have Ms. Berry's support, as well as the support of other Halfrican Americans," Obama said.

He didn't say it, but -- anyway, there are those out there -- greetings.

boxcar
03-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Illinois is a great reference for democratic corruption. we're so proud of our senators Turban and Burrs.

We'll see what happens after they run the country into the ground just like they've done to all the big cities and states that they control.

I read somewhere that the average home value in Detroit is $7,500. what a wonderful number the unions and democrats have done there. gee, should I buy a house in Detroit or claim a horse at Beulah? same level of investment.

One has to wonder what BO and his DimWits are going to do to raise property values in Detroit??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

mostpost
03-01-2009, 11:13 PM
El Rushbo brings down the house
Now we know who caused the housing crisis

boxcar
03-01-2009, 11:31 PM
El Rushbo brings down the house
Now we know who caused the housing crisis

And single-handily! It's no wonder at all El Rushbo is so feared by libs.

Boxcar

Jacimo
03-02-2009, 12:05 AM
And single-handily! It's no wonder at all El Rushbo is so feared by libs.

Boxcar

Yeah, Limpballs, Palin and Pieoosh Jindal (Jamal Malik from "Slumdog Millionaire") have Liberal America scared shitless.

But first you have to determine just "Who" Liberal America is. Jacimo for instance voted for Dubya the first time and for every Republicon nominee going back to Gerald Ford. When my party went "Exorcist" embracing the Religious Fanatics, outsourcing, disregard of the Constitution and dangerous deregulation I morphed as did millions and millions of other former Republicans and that is why you're left with Drugs Limpball, Pieoosh Technical Support and Word Salad Palin as your unelectable standard bearers.

I'm still a Republican or at least what the Republican Party once stood for. But for me and millions like me to vote Republican again, the Republicon party will have to purge itself and come back to us. We're still here the separation is theirs.

Anyway, lets end this boondoogle in Iraq. Reform the Spiraling Out of Control costs of Privatized Healthcare. Regulate these Berzerk Banks and Oil Corporations and move into the next decade ensuring that profiting from the American Market inures to the benefit of American Jobs and American Infrastructure.

Sure accomplishing those things will surely canonize Obama and probably leave Democrats in power for a generation or more. But, when the Republican Party is fit enough to come back it will come back much more akin to the party of Abe Lincoln than the party bastardized by Karl Rove and his ilk.

God Bless America and our Visionary Leader

JustRalph
03-02-2009, 12:15 AM
Wed, Jan 24, 2007 6:50pm ET

Limbaugh on Obama: "Halfrican American"

On the January 24 broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio show, host Rush Limbaugh (http://mediamatters.org/issues_topics/people/rushlimbaugh) referred to Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) and actress Halle Berry as "Halfrican American[s]," stating that "Barack Obama has picked up another endorsement: Halfrican American actress Halle Berry." Limbaugh then said: " 'As a Halfrican American, I am honored to have Ms. Berry's support, as well as the support of other Halfrican Americans,' Obama said." Limbaugh then conceded that Obama "didn't say it."

Obama (http://mediamatters.org/rd?http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/24/washington/24obama.html/rssnyt?ex=1169787600&en=e0ed0aa82ecf8e63&ei=5070) "is the son of a white mother from Kansas and a black father from Kenya." As Media Matters for America has noted (http://mediamatters.org/items/200612070006), conservative talk radio host Brian Sussman has also characterized Obama as a "Halfrican." Sussman later issued an apology on his website (http://mediamatters.org/rd?http://www.briansussman.com/wordofthanks.html), describing his comments about Obama as "insensitive."

From the January 24 broadcast of Premiere Radio Networks' The Rush Limbaugh Show:

LIMBAUGH: Hey, Barack Obama has picked up another endorsement: Halfrican American actress Halle Berry. "As a Halfrican American, I am honored to have Ms. Berry's support, as well as the support of other Halfrican Americans," Obama said.

He didn't say it, but -- anyway, there are those out there -- greetings.

That's funny...... i missed that......... Gotta Love Rush's sense of humor...........

Be careful.........there are young ones out there that are Rush Babies..........they are coming........

JxVsE-weTNE

Jacimo
03-02-2009, 02:03 AM
That's funny...... i missed that......... Gotta Love Rush's sense of humor...........

Be careful.........there are young ones out there that are Rush Babies..........they are coming........

JxVsE-weTNE

It just keeps getting better and better. Now a 14 year old kid brainwashed by a hate radio listening father. :lol:

Isn't that pedophilia?

Lefty
03-02-2009, 02:29 AM
I've been listening to rush since the 90's. Guess I missed the hate you talk about. However, I've heard a lot of hate on the left. I've heard people on the left wishing certain parties would die or be killed. I've never heard anything like that on the right. Anybody the left disagrees with they call racists and homophobes. Now that's hateful, brother...

dav4463
03-02-2009, 03:37 AM
RUSH IS RIGHT.

PaceAdvantage
03-02-2009, 06:07 AM
Only problem is they need to find a candidate to execute his ideals.Dude...give it up...

PaceAdvantage
03-02-2009, 06:15 AM
I love these guys like "Jacimo" (who by the way, is in his 3rd or 4th reincarnation here) who think Democrats will rule DC for the next 1000 years.

They tend to forget the Republicans ruled DC just a few short years ago, and then fell apart. They tend to forget that LIBERAL and DEMOCRAT were pretty much dirty words during the 80s...

You guys are just making me laugh ever harder at your folly.

We beat you twice with GEORGE W. BUSH for crist's sake! You're going to have to do a bit more than win an election or two to get over that kind of damage.

You guys remind me of the losing gambler who hits a big score one day and starts proclaiming to everyone in sight what a great gambler he is...after all, he hit this monster pick 4...all the while trying to hide the fact that he needs to hit about 100 MORE of those just to get back to even for his life.

lsbets
03-02-2009, 07:33 AM
This thread of proof of how weak the liberal argument is when faced with someone who actually articulates conservative principles (hint, John McCain did not do that). The liberal response "Hate radio, drug addict, racist". Wow, you guys are intellectual giants. I am so impressed at your ability to defend your indefensible beliefs.

And yes, I did say that modern American liberalism is indefensible. Anyone who peels away the first layer of the onion can plainly see the goals of this administration have nothig to do with "stimulus" or helping people, but everything to do with usurping the constitution, creating a dependent class greater than 50% of the population, and perpetuating their gri[p on power through a combination of socialism and fascism (and that is not using the term fascism as libs threw it around against Bush, that is using the actual definition of fascism with government control of "private" enterprises). The greatest threat to our freedom and our children's future does not come from overseas, it comes from Washington DC.

Tom
03-02-2009, 07:37 AM
Obama has already hurt our economy far worse the Osama did.
It gets worse.........

boxcar
03-02-2009, 08:04 AM
Obama has already hurt our economy far worse the Osama did.
It gets worse.........

And I think all this useless, wasteful, unconscionable spending is just the tip of the iceberg. Just read where another 30 BIL is going to AIG. I guess the libs are okay with spending trillions on corporate welfare as long as the goal of nationalizing the private sector is eventually realized.

Boxcar

Rookies
03-02-2009, 06:51 PM
[QUOTE=Lefty]I've been listening to rush since the 90's. Guess I missed the hate you talk about... QUOTE]

Hmmm... I've been listening to Flushed Oxycotin Windbag for about the same. Doesn't mean that I listen every day to him or other cultural icons like Stern or anyone for that matter.

But that just sounds like ideological tone deafness to me, Lefty. With the noted exception of his speech on CPAC, I have never heard Limbaugh miss a single day to personally slag the opposition through name calling, voice parodies, songs in pursuing his conservative agenda.

Emtertaining ? Certainly. A demeaning, arrogant, bombastic prick ? Absolutely ! ( It took him the first 5 minutes of that CPAC speech to exhort the sycophants in his name, before he laid down the usual conservative message to the raptured. )

And yes, as mentioned before, I do feel many conservative commentators say it better, in a more reflective, positive and uplifting way.

One of the giants of this type of messaging died this week.

boxcar
03-02-2009, 06:59 PM
[QUOTE=Lefty]I've been listening to rush since the 90's. Guess I missed the hate you talk about... QUOTE]

Hmmm... I've been listening to Flushed Oxycotin Windbag for about the same. Doesn't mean that I listen every day to him or other cultural icons like Stern or anyone for that matter.

But that just sounds like ideological tone deafness to me, Lefty. With the noted exception of his speech on CPAC, I have never heard Limbaugh miss a single day to personally slag the opposition through name calling, voice parodies, songs in pursuing his conservative agenda.

Emtertaining ? Certainly. A demeaning, arrogant, bombastic prick ? Absolutely ! ( It took him the first 5 minutes of that CPAC speech to exhort the sycophants in his name, before he laid down the usual conservative message to the raptured. )

And just to whom is the "usual socialist message" aimed, if not to their version of the "raptured"? Oh, yes...I nearly forgot. To naive, stupid or ignorant fools.

Boxcar

Lefty
03-02-2009, 07:00 PM
rookies, parodies to point out the craziness of the left's policies.
It's the left that does the hate mongering such as all the hate directed toward Sarah Palin and guys like you just can't mention Rush without mentioning the problem he once had and has now conquered. It's leftists like you and your ilk that has not one drop of tolerence in your hate filled bones.
Conservatives want opportunity for all and the left that wants equal outcomes; deserved or not. Rush has pointed out the idiocy of the left's policies for years and in an entertaining way and it scares the left to death.

Rookies
03-02-2009, 07:19 PM
rookies, parodies to point out the craziness of the left's policies.
It's the left that does the hate mongering such as all the hate directed toward Sarah Palin and guys like you just can't mention Rush without mentioning the problem he once had and has now conquered. It's leftists like you and your ilk that has not one drop of tolerence in your hate filled bones.
Conservatives want opportunity for all and the left that wants equal outcomes; deserved or not. Rush has pointed out the idiocy of the left's policies for years and in an entertaining way and it scares the left to death.

Maybe some pilloried Palin- not me; although I thought she wasn't quite ready for the battle she was in.

As for Limbaugh, you reap what you sow. So, with him, I use the same disrepectful tone that he uses for his opponents. He couldn't wait to roll addicts under the bus in the early years, so payback is a bitch. I have a great deal of tolerance for very many- not for him.

He doesn't frighten me- few do. I do wish his audience didn't simply roll over with every comment- but that is the nature of the biz he's in.

Burls
03-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Look for the LIMBAUGH/PALIN - 2012 ticket.
What's not to like? :lol: :lol:

Secretariat
03-02-2009, 09:07 PM
As for Limbaugh, you reap what you sow. So, with him, I use the same disrepectful tone that he uses for his opponents. He couldn't wait to roll addicts under the bus in the early years, so payback is a bitch. I have a great deal of tolerance for very many- not for him.

He doesn't frighten me- few do. I do wish his audience didn't simply roll over with every comment- but that is the nature of the biz he's in.

C'mon, be glad they roll over for him. They're dittoheads. Please, please make him the face of the Republican party.

I can't wait for the first itnerview question.

Olberman: Rush, why do you wish the President to fail?

Limpballs: Socialism...blah, blah...Reagan...private sector...blah..blah ..balh..pass the donuts

Olberman: You do realize sir, that if Obama does fail, then that means massive numbers of people in this country will be facing severe hardships that we can only imagine. In other words if Obama fails, then then it may mean investors lose, taxpayers lose, and even more people will be facing foreclosure and perhaps desittute situations.

Limpballs: I don't care. I want him to fail. They deserve to live in poverty. Serves them right for voting for him. Go Jindal-Palin 2012!

Olberman: Well ,thank you for coming sir. Your overall message is a message of wishing for failure then?

Limpballs: That's right. I'd rather have Reagan's dead corpse in the WH than see an Obama success.

Olberman: Rachel Maddow is next with GOP leader Richard Steele on Rush Limpball's platform of failure. Rach.

:bang: :bang: :bang:

JustRalph
03-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Look for the LIMBAUGH/PALIN - 2012 ticket.
What's not to like? :lol: :lol:

Why in hell would Rush take a 400 million Dollar pay cut.........

The man lives a great life............ much better than any politician

Rookies
03-02-2009, 09:34 PM
No kidding.

And will he be alive in 2012 , Ralph ? Man, he ballooned up again- BIG TIME !

Tom
03-02-2009, 09:54 PM
PA, you gotta get a better class of posters!
I notice not one of the cry babies in this thread has the balls to attack the message, only Rush.

Small people, small ideas. I guess a munchkin would tower over the locals here! :lol::lol::lol:

Typical though.......not a one of them can step up and address the issues.

hcap
03-02-2009, 09:58 PM
There are NO fat/obese presidents. Rush is toast
Plenty of fat/obese righties tho'. Occupational hazard of those who believe a zillion welfare cheats are out to get 'em and therefore the root of all evils in the world.

Food stamps are the devils spawn. Particularly when kids get them for free.
Damn good thing scurvy is gone among the poor, or oranges would be the next rightwing conspiracy fear.

NJ Stinks
03-02-2009, 10:01 PM
PA, you gotta get a better class of posters!
I notice not one of the cry babies in this thread has the balls to attack the message, only Rush.

Small people, small ideas. I guess a munchkin would tower over the locals here! :lol::lol::lol:

Typical though.......not a one of them can step up and address the issues.

:lol: :lol: Great picture, Tom!

Even though I am running out of ways to address the issues.:confused:

Not that I'm surprised you didn't notice. :lol:

DJofSD
03-02-2009, 10:07 PM
Olberman: You do realize sir, that if Obama does fail, then that means massive numbers of people in this country will be facing severe hardships that we can only imagine. In other words if Obama fails, then then it may mean investors lose, taxpayers lose, and even more people will be facing foreclosure and perhaps desittute situations.You would only believe that a failure at the highest level would mean a failure for all of the county and its citizens if you think that government is the end-all, be-all. I have news for you. Individuals and families survive dispite government not because of it.

Golf and Horses
03-02-2009, 10:11 PM
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4228&stc=1

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hcap
03-02-2009, 10:32 PM
I see you are becoming a fellow traveler.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_FqUgq17hRmg/Rq64PRfMZRI/AAAAAAAAAA4/OnPl_jJxRbg/s320/MonkeyPeace.gif

Don't be ashamed. Come out into the light.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_f98opUNuVXc/SJQZ29n4rQI/AAAAAAAABgI/hqFaIxDwQAQ/s400/Orangutan.jpg

Tom
03-02-2009, 10:33 PM
That was their conference......LPAC! :lol:

Lefty
03-02-2009, 10:46 PM
So you have no problem with the liberal disrespect for Sarah palin, but you just can't cotten the disresopect Rush shows toward liberal ideas? Is that it? BTW. FYI, the only addicts Rush wanted to throw under the bus is the ones who use drugs recreationally. Discern the difference.

Rookies
03-02-2009, 11:23 PM
You know that's not what I said.

I blame Limbaugh for his daily personal attacks on the PEOPLE with liberal ideas, not his attacks on liberal/ left wing ideas/ ideals. It's the manner that he presents most arguments in this vein that I despise. So yes, that's why I didn't criticize Palin in that way.

Of course, I naturally don't agree with much of his conservative philosophy. Some parts I do, like many of the criminal enforcement proscriptions for certain egregious crimes. Others, like unbridled capitalism and unfettered and absolute freedom for individuals to do whatever they want in a free market economy-I absolutely do not.

And to me, an addict is an addict. It's only a matter of relativism against the standard.

hcap
03-02-2009, 11:26 PM
Limpbag...

We believe that the preamble of the Constitution contains an inarguable truth, that we are all endowed by our creator with certain inalienable rights, among them life, liberty, freedom — and the pursuit of happiness,” he said, pausing several times for enthusiastic applause.So both Rush and his minions at CPAC know shit about the Constitution.
The preamble of the Constitution says no such thing. He’s mixing up the Constitution with the Declaration of Independence, and adding "freedom" for good measure. Figures

Lefty
03-02-2009, 11:38 PM
rookies, Like i said, you criticize Rush, but still don't criticize the left's attacks on Palin. You just say YOU didn't critcize her. Get over yourself man, it's not about you.
Conservatism embraces capitalism. So what do you embrace?

hcap, the Constitution also does not provide for all the social prgms that eats up most of out tax money.

hcap
03-02-2009, 11:43 PM
The Constitution also does not talk about pre-emptive attacks on foreign soil.
Or spying on citizens. Or tax cuts, or radio personalities taking drugs, or radio personalities mocking people with disabilities.

Your point?

Lefty
03-02-2009, 11:53 PM
The Constitution talks about defending the country against all enemies. That's what Bush did, and all he gets is flak from libs like you.
My point is, the Constitution is not about Socialism. Get it?

Lefty
03-02-2009, 11:57 PM
I remember Rush saying he thought Michael Fox was faking for the camera. I'm pretty sure he apologized. The point Rush was making was Fox was being used by the left, and he was right. Did you ever hear the hate spewed by Al Franken and those other nuts on Air America? Now that's hate, bub.

hcap
03-03-2009, 12:12 AM
I remember Rush saying he thought Michael Fox was faking for the camera. I'm pretty sure he apologized. The point Rush was making was Fox was being used by the left, and he was right. Did you ever hear the hate spewed by Al Franken and those other nuts on Air America? Now that's hate, bub.I am sure he did not. Find a link showing he did.

Invading Iraq goes against 230 years of American foreign policy. Against international law and treaties signed by representatives of the government and indirectly our Constitution.

Lefty
03-03-2009, 12:17 AM
hcap, I think he did. Go find your own link.
Do you really wanna rehash Iraq? How about talking about how the stock market has responded to Obama's grandiose socialist plans? That's what's ahappenin now.

Lefty
03-03-2009, 12:35 AM
hcap, I found a link. I found one where it was disputed by media matters whether he aplogized, but not important. What I do remember is Rush accused MJF of faking or purposely not taking his meds. Rush was right.
Scroll down aways in the link and there tiz!
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090215004206AAEvgXG

Burls
03-03-2009, 04:11 AM
Did you ever hear the hate spewed by Al Franken and those other nuts on Air America? Now that's hate, bub.That's Senator Franken, please.
I certain hope Rush Limbaugh will treat the elected Senator from Minnesota with the respect he deserves.

Tom
03-03-2009, 07:30 AM
Senators deserve the respect of a turd. I have that for Frankenstein.
Seriously. I regard him as equal to any turd I have ever seen.

prospector
03-03-2009, 07:37 AM
Senators deserve the respect of a turd. I have that for Frankenstein.
Seriously. I regard him as equal to any turd I have ever seen.
plant an acorn and up grows a franken...25 polling places with more votes than voters...way to go acorn...where's the shame? the outrage? move over chicago, here comes acorn..

hcap
03-03-2009, 08:29 AM
hcap, I found a link. I found one where it was disputed by media matters whether he aplogized, but not important. What I do remember is Rush accused MJF of faking or purposely not taking his meds. Rush was right.
Scroll down aways in the link and there tiz!
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090215004206AAEvgXGMeaningless.

Find something

Lefty
03-03-2009, 11:14 AM
It's not meaningless just because you don't want the truth. BTW, did you hear that Talkers magazine has voted Rush the number 1 guy again intalk radio? Hannity was 2, Savage was 3 and Dr Laura was 4. I wonder how far down you need to go to find a liberal? Hmmm...

Tom
03-03-2009, 11:43 AM
And Rush did not use a teleprompter, either. :lol:

jballscalls
03-03-2009, 11:48 AM
Al Franken or Senator Franken whatever you want to call him doesnt deserve respect from anyone. he's a scumbag and a liar, just look at all the falsehoods he's said about Bill O'reilly over the years.

As far as Rush, he's entertaining to the people who like him (who are many) and he makes a ton of money for himself and his employers. That being said, I heard Hannity say that Rush was funny?? they played some clips of him giving speeches and roasting people, I dont think funny was the word i'd use.

then again i guess everyone has their own sense of humor.

hcap
03-03-2009, 12:04 PM
And Rush did not use a teleprompter, either. :lol:You could use one

Tom
03-03-2009, 12:41 PM
That was intelligent.
Got any more witticisms you care to share?

Burls
03-03-2009, 03:55 PM
I think Rush is an interesting and compelling speaker.
I also wouldn't mind living in the kind of world that he envisages.
I just wish it were true that everyone has a chance to succeed if they would only apply themselves.

Tom
03-03-2009, 04:01 PM
Well a hell of a lot more would if they ever tried.

When you expect to be taken care of, it is hard to move ahead.
Take away the safety net and force it on people. Most people have lots of reason for their plight but no real excuses.

Then, in the end, we deal the ones who legitimately cannot make it, and cast aside those who just do not try hard enough.

ArlJim78
03-03-2009, 04:30 PM
I think Rush is an interesting and compelling speaker.
I also wouldn't mind living in the kind of world that he envisages.
I just wish it were true that everyone has a chance to succeed if they would only apply themselves.
I believe this is true, everyone does have a chance. but having an equal chance to succeed does not mean there will be equal outcomes.

jballscalls
03-03-2009, 05:13 PM
Well a hell of a lot more would if they ever tried.

When you expect to be taken care of, it is hard to move ahead.
Take away the safety net and force it on people. Most people have lots of reason for their plight but no real excuses.

Then, in the end, we deal the ones who legitimately cannot make it, and cast aside those who just do not try hard enough.

Not trying to defend people who dont work hard for a living, even though i am certainly one of them. But how can you judge who works hard and who doesnt if you dont know their life situation?? you can't is the answer.

ddog
03-03-2009, 05:34 PM
You would only believe that a failure at the highest level would mean a failure for all of the county and its citizens if you think that government is the end-all, be-all. I have news for you. Individuals and families survive dispite government not because of it.

really now!

What a nonsense statement.

There is a debate over the level but not the need and benefit one gets.

In Calif aren't you, if so, You wouldn't last a week i expect.

You farm - raise your own do ya??

I expect you have never been to a place without a gvt to enforce some type of rule of law???

Where would that be if so???

I am curious to know about it.

pktruckdriver
03-03-2009, 06:29 PM
This is fun to read and entertaining, somewhat...

But it seems that "Not being a Rush Fan", is unpopular here, is that true?

What talk show guy got a 500 million dollar deal, recently?

Is he political, no, he's outrageous, but entertaining at times, and other times he's not.

Rush to me just doesn't do it, none of them do, do they really change anything, or do they just incite uneccessary division between the people of this country, not that, that is bad, but it isn't healthy for us either.

Of the 100 Senators, or is it 99 right now?, how many are honest men, how many have done really good in there job lately? Better question is which one shouldn't be put in jail for what they did to this country, and we the people let them do it.

Haliburton---- need I say more----that would have never been allowed 20-40 years ago, how blatant was Cheney and Haliburton, profiting from what they created, a way to control everything , and we let it be done, the congress allowed it to be done, un fffing belivable, but here we are high fiving Rush.

And this new guy, will he succeed, who knows, I hope so for this country's sake, I like it here in this country, even though I can not get my bailout.

AIG GETS 30 BILLION MORE, BUT WHO GAVE THEM THE 1ST 150 BILLION, AND WHY, REALLY WHY THEM?? ANY ONE KNOW WHY, THEM...

All I need is about 10-25k to get back into the black, and be updated to all the new regulations coming in the next few years in trucking, and I am trying to comply with those new rules.

Man did I let loose, enjoy

I need to stay away from this Topic

Patrick

JustRalph
03-03-2009, 07:16 PM
No kidding.

And will he be alive in 2012 , Ralph ? Man, he ballooned up again- BIG TIME !

I noticed it too. He looks bad.

NJ Stinks
03-03-2009, 07:17 PM
And Rush did not use a teleprompter, either. :lol:

Parrots don't need one either.

Limbaugh had papers in front of him. He shovelled them around - you can see it if you look.

But who cares besides Tom? Anyone talking for a living developes the knack for BS'ing without needing Cliffnotes.

Ordinarily, I wouldn't comment on something so trivial. But Tom keeps bringing it up like it a stamp of authentication or something. So I did. :rolleyes:

JustRalph
03-03-2009, 07:17 PM
There are NO fat/obese presidents. Rush is toast
Plenty of fat/obese righties tho'. Occupational hazard of those who believe a zillion welfare cheats are out to get 'em and therefore the root of all evils in the world.

Food stamps are the devils spawn. Particularly when kids get them for free.
Damn good thing scurvy is gone among the poor, or oranges would be the next rightwing conspiracy fear.

The left Wing is using "Corpulent" nowadays

JustRalph
03-03-2009, 07:19 PM
That's Senator Franken, please.
I certain hope Rush Limbaugh will treat the elected Senator from Minnesota with the respect he deserves.

I am sure he will !!!! :lol: :lol:

hcap
03-03-2009, 10:55 PM
That was intelligent.
Got any more witticisms you care to share?Yeah. Limpbag is now the de facto head of the rethugs. Good luck in 2012.

http://www.bartcop.com/pigboy-boxing.jpg

JustRalph
03-03-2009, 10:59 PM
Rush to me just doesn't do it, none of them do, do they really change anything, or do they just incite uneccessary division between the people of this country, not that, that is bad, but it isn't healthy for us either.

Rush was honored for being the deciding factor in the 94 takeover of the house by the Repubs. He was the driving force behind that and the promotion of the "contract with America"

So much for " do they really change anything"

Lefty
03-03-2009, 11:19 PM
JR, so right,you beat me to it. That Congress gave Rush a large share of the credit for getting them elected. And it's gonna happen again.

Secretariat
03-04-2009, 12:29 AM
The comedian Rush Limpballs has been the greatest boon to the Democratic party since George Bush. I only hope he keeps up the fomenting of hate, keeps misquoting the Constiution and keeps hoping for Obama to fail. It's like a Democrat's political dream come true.

Go dittoheads!

"Rush Limbaugh is an entertainer. Rush Limbaugh — his whole thing is entertainment. He has this incendiary — yes, it's ugly" - Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele

Lefty
03-04-2009, 12:35 AM
sec, there is no hate. I go along with Rush in hopes that Obama policies fail. They are bad for the country. didn't you rail how much was spent during the Bush yrs? But now, not a word about the trillions Obama and his admin has committed to spend. Obama has declared war on capitalism, and that's the part conservatives want to fail. So get some context, sec and the rest of you dims.

Lefty
03-04-2009, 12:41 AM
sec, speaking about hate; after the last 8 yrs you dimlibs have cornered the market on hate...

Secretariat
03-04-2009, 01:51 AM
sec, there is no hate. I go along with Rush in hopes that Obama policies fail. They are bad for the country. didn't you rail how much was spent during the Bush yrs? But now, not a word about the trillions Obama and his admin has committed to spend. Obama has declared war on capitalism, and that's the part conservatives want to fail. So get some context, sec and the rest of you dims.

Of course you go along with the comedian/entertainer Rush Limpballs's policies in hopes that Obama's polcies fail. You always have. You're a dittohead. I get that.

And yes I railed about Bush spending on the Iraq war because it was ill founded and not in American's best interests. Rebuilding our infrastructure and providing jobs for people after inheriting the Bush recession/depression has demanded dramatic action. I guess you forget GW's biggest advisors on this Bernake and Paulsen are saying the same thing. Obama has promised to reduce the deficit in half by 2012, something we never heard from the Bush administration. I stated prior to this election that whoever got in was inheriting an absolute financial disaster. For awhile I rooted for McSame to get in so people could see just how low the Republican Party had brought us, but when Palin was nominated I just couldn't take seeing the entire coutnry destroyed and switched my suport to Obama (look up my posts from the past if you doubt me).

Your statement Obama has declared war on capitalism is an outright fabrication. He never said tha.t In fact it was Lindsey Graham a Republican who spoke of nationalizing the banks recently. It was Bush and Paulsen who began the whole process of bailng out Wall Street with taxpayer money. You really don't remember do you?

So in terms of context, you seem to beleive this whole financial fiasco began after Obama's oath of office?

I got news for you Lefty, It's going to get worse, especially when gas prices really start climbing again, and the auto industry completely shuts down., here you are playing the comedian/entertainer Rush Limpballs' political dittohead games of wishing for failure...something I never heard any Democrat ever utter during the Bush administration. They may have commented on GW's failures, and disagreed with his direction, but show me one quote where Democrats actually wished George Bush's economic policies would fail despite the thousands of Americans who would suffer as a result.

Personally, while it is offensive to me,that a man like him (and his dittoheads) would wish for failure, it is politically advantageous for Democrats if the comedian/entertainer Rush Limpballs continues this course. So I'm torn. I suppose truthfully, I hope the comedian/entertainer Rush Limpballs is wrong because I sincerely care more for the welfare of people facing foreclosures and unemployment, than I do for simply seeing dittoheads parroting a Crusty the Clown look alike's political wishes.

Lefty
03-04-2009, 02:30 AM
Yes, i'm a dittohead. But even though i've explained it at least twice, I bet, sec, you don't know the true meaning and the origin of the term.

He didn't have to say he's declared a war on capitalism, his policies exude it. Taxing 250, 000 or more puts money in the wasteful govts hands that would have gone to create more jobs and investment. By taking away incentive you discourage capitalism. His cap and trade policies will cause the energy companies to pass that expense on to us, giving us less money to spend.

Dims didn't want Bush to fail? Yeah, right. LOL. "Bush has betrayed us."
"The war is lost." "The surge won't work." Yada yada yada. Obama is a socialist and I pray for socialism to fail. Instead of being a nation of opportunity, we will become a nation of mediocrity.

The infrastructure is how bad? Prob not as bad as the dims let on. And isn't that is what the gas taxes are for. Yeah, you said it, sec; under Obama and his socialist agenda, things will get worse. you typed a carriage full.

Lefty
03-04-2009, 02:33 AM
BTW, when Bush took berake and Paulson's advice, that was bad and wrong too. It didn't work and now Obama is doubling and tripling down on a failed policy. It's like a poker player raising on a hand that is already dead.

Tom
03-04-2009, 07:37 AM
Not trying to defend people who dont work hard for a living, even though i am certainly one of them. But how can you judge who works hard and who doesnt if you dont know their life situation?? you can't is the answer.

I think you can tell.

hcap
03-04-2009, 08:59 AM
Yes, i'm a dittohead. But even though i've explained it at least twice, I bet, sec, you don't know the true meaning and the origin of the term.Looks like all you dittos have fallen for the old "rope-a-dope"

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0309/19596.html

Rush Job: Inside Dems' Limbaugh plan
By JONATHAN MARTIN | 3/4/09 4:04 AM EST

Top Democrats believe they have struck political gold by depicting Rush Limbaugh as the new face of the Republican Party, a full-scale effort first hatched by some of the most familiar names in politics and now being guided in part from inside the White House.

The strategy took shape after Democratic strategists Stanley Greenberg and James Carville included Limbaugh’s name in an October poll and learned their longtime tormentor was deeply unpopular with many Americans, especially younger voters. Then the conservative talk-radio host emerged as an unapologetic critic of Barack Obama shortly before his inauguration, when even many Republicans were showering him with praise.

Soon it clicked: Democrats realized they could roll out a new GOP bogeyman for the post-Bush era by turning to an old one in Limbaugh, a polarizing figure since he rose to prominence in the 1990s.

.....Paul Begala, a close friend of Carville, Greenberg and White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, said they found Limbaugh’s overall ratings were even lower than the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Obama’s controversial former pastor, and William Ayers, the domestic terrorist and Chicago resident who Republicans sought to tie to Obama during the campaign.

Then came what Begala called “the tripwire.”

Tom
03-04-2009, 09:10 AM
The thing is, as the Obamanomics continue to fail, and people start to realize that the pig has lipstick on it, Rush will become more and more the voice of truth, because, like it or not, he is speaking the truth.

Look at the poll, hcap, the market peformance - everything about Obama causes it to tank. This is one poll you can pay attention to. 3 trillion dollars of American wealth lost since his election. This is a poll of peple with skin in thegame, not mindless DNC people answering questions. This is a poll of people who count. And they are rejecting Obamnomics.

hcap
03-04-2009, 09:25 AM
We have already VOTED OUT the pig with lipstick. Remember George? Nobody else does.

It has been slightly over 1 month since the inauguration, and repugs are still as popular as Dickhead Cheney. :lol:

Limpback is only popular with some limited number of die hards. Mostly the hard core reactionaries. Meanwhile the American people still favor Obama. His favorables are in the mid 60s. Limpbags' are in the teens.

Good luck. You have been "rope-a-doped" big time. All we need now is Palin and JDP for a trifecta.

Pick 6? Well let's start with Piyush Jindal
Only a few more losers required to round out the ticket.
No problemo, youse guys are 100% spot on for picking bottom of the barrel losers. Carry on

Tom
03-04-2009, 09:53 AM
You are wasting your time trying to figure out candidates this early.
As for Rush, with all due respect ( not much) his numbers speak for how many people listen to him.
Every month under Obamanomics will reveal the truth to the masses. Looking at the number of people who voted for Bwwwaaacccck Obama, it will take awhile to sink into their thick heads. :D

But sink in it will.....success is not an option here. Obama will fail.....it is a certainty.

Keep watching the market poll......I predict we will go under 3,000 this year.
Let's see how close I come.

What is your bottom prediction, hcap?

hcap
03-04-2009, 10:13 AM
My guess is 5000. Then a rebound.

As I said you gentlemen have been "rope-a-doped" big time.
The more Limpbag struts and fights, the worse it is for republicans.
The repugs lost not because of the "rinos", but because of the reactionaries like you.

And of course George W Bush et al

boxcar
03-04-2009, 10:21 AM
The comedian Rush Limpballs has been the greatest boon to the Democratic party since George Bush. I only hope he keeps up the fomenting of hate, keeps misquoting the Constiution and keeps hoping for Obama to fail. It's like a Democrat's political dream come true.

Give me an example of him misquoting the "Constiution" (sic).

Boxcar

hcap
03-04-2009, 10:26 AM
Tom, an aside,

I am programming my own mini version of Pops and Tips. I will be busy.
Parsing owners and breeders is an interesting project. I will get maybe 75% correct where both are the connections-so far. It may be enough however. Am also checking out the original "POPS"-the odds. And workouts. Looks interesting. I may be able to automate a query for few years at a bunch of tracks.

I will be busy. I may or may not be able to post. Maybe later.

jballscalls
03-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Must agree to an earlier point that Limbaugh being the face of the republican party is a bad thing for them. Reason being, that even though Rushy has huge listener numbers, (20 million or something like that) that still leaves hundreds of millions of people who only know him as the fat, drug riddled, caustic windbag that he is portrayed as by the mass media.

He might be stating the 'truth' as someone said earlier, but most of this country does not like him for one reason or another, and he has so many things in his past, drug use/gay rumors/horribly cruel soundbites, that if he really became the voice/face of the republican party, it would get ugly for them.

boxcar
03-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Yes, i'm a dittohead. But even though i've explained it at least twice, I bet, sec, you don't know the true meaning and the origin of the term.

He didn't have to say he's declared a war on capitalism, his policies exude it. Taxing 250, 000 or more puts money in the wasteful govts hands that would have gone to create more jobs and investment. By taking away incentive you discourage capitalism. His cap and trade policies will cause the energy companies to pass that expense on to us, giving us less money to spend.

You beat me to it, Lefty. Not only do his actions speak volumes, but he and his dimwit comrades put all the blame squarely on the private sector for our current economic ills. They're doing this to eventually take it it over. They will continue to try to convince the public how evil and greedy and heartless the private sector is and that more government controls -- more government regulations -- are needed to protect the public from capitalism's evil designs upon us.

Moreover, to date BO and his fascist comrades haven't done one thing to grow the private sector. Everything they have done thus far and have planned is designed to grow the State. (Putting about $13. a week in the average guy's paycheck (that is taxable, btw) is hardly going to grow the private sector -- and most certainly not any time soon during this "urgent crisis". And it's hardly enough to create jobs in the private sector. But all the fascists know to do is tax "the rich" -- the very people who create and provide jobs in the private sector!

The Omnibus Bill that will be up for vote very soon is loaded with State growth crap and represents about an 8% increase in spending over last year -- and it, too, is loaded with pork. Take for example, the Pleasure Beach water taxi for nearly 2 million -- a taxi to nowhere. Or nearly 2 million more to be spent in Iowa for "swine odor and manure management". Or nearly half a mil for the construction of a recreational and fairground area in the booming metropolis of Kotzebue, Alaska, etc., etc., etc. So, while most Americans are tightening our belts to weather this economic downturn, the fascist, socialist pigs in DC have taken the rubber band off future tax dollars to spend it like drunken sailors so that they can grow the State and "buy" votes with their pork.

Hey, Sec, BO's promises aren't worth the breath that carries them. He's a serial liar -- but then again -- that's why you and your ilk love him so much because you believe we can achieve progress through his lies. No more pork, BO said. No lobbyists in his cabinet, BO said. Integrity and transparency in the administration, BO said. Rush nailed it with this liar: All his "promises" have expiration dates on them!

Boxcar

jballscalls
03-04-2009, 11:15 AM
interesting points boxcar. But my question is......didn't the private sector (wall st. banks, etc) have alot to do with the shape we're in??

and also your point about BO being a liar is well taken. but my problem is.....THEY ARE ALL LIARS. every politician, rush, all of them!! so do u just pick the one that lies the least??

Lefty
03-04-2009, 11:15 AM
dims are worried about limbaugh or they wouldn't be making this massive attempt to marginilize him. They remember what Rush helped do to them in 94.
As the people realize they have voted for a socialist, Obama's numbers will continue to drop.

jballscalls
03-04-2009, 11:24 AM
dims are worried about limbaugh or they wouldn't be making this massive attempt to marginilize him. They remember what Rush helped do to them in 94.
As the people realize they have voted for a socialist, Obama's numbers will continue to drop.

i agree they are worried about him, but thats why they will try and berate him in the mass media, and he will look very bad to many many people who dont listen to him.

Tom
03-04-2009, 11:28 AM
hcap, good luck with the POPS project.:ThmbUp:
Hurry back, while we still have a market to argue about! ;):D

Tom
03-04-2009, 11:30 AM
Sec, what hate speech?:confused:
I heard none. Enlighten me.

ArlJim78
03-04-2009, 12:22 PM
holy crap! listening to Rush now challenging Obama to a debate!!:lol:

He is daring him. says don't throw out lightweights like Carville, Begala and Emanuel.

offers to pick up the tab, cost of the flight, etc.
"Mr. President, I will pick you up on EIB1".

lets debate the issues he says. he says why don't you put an end to me once and for all.
my sides are splitting this is so funny.

jballscalls
03-04-2009, 12:35 PM
I remember when howard got that dork Michael Powell from the FCC on and just berated him and it was great. would be fun to hear obama on rush, i might actually have to listen to his program.

ArlJim78
03-04-2009, 12:41 PM
he said that if it's not possible for you to come Mr President, please send your more than capable #2 man Joe Biden, since he is a noted debating wizard.:D

Tom
03-04-2009, 12:48 PM
What kind of 'bating wizard? :lol:

boxcar
03-04-2009, 12:48 PM
interesting points boxcar. But my question is......didn't the private sector (wall st. banks, etc) have alot to do with the shape we're in??

Sure...corporate greed played a role. But are you suggesting that government played no role at all!? What precipitated the current crisis was government intervention into the private sector. Freddie and Fannie crashed because of the government's failed social engineering experiment. Clinton's Community Reinvestment Act played a major role our current woes because essentially the act said that everyone has a right to "affordable" housing -- even when they can't afford the "affordable"! The jobless, the homeless, welfare recipients, food stamp beneficiaries -- all these kinds of financially-challenged people the government was encouraging to become homeowners -- just so they could have a piece of the American Dream -- a piece of the American pie.

and also your point about BO being a liar is well taken. but my problem is.....THEY ARE ALL LIARS. every politician, rush, all of them!! so do u just pick the one that lies the least??

But naive fools like Sec have their noses so far up their messiah's anus that they conveniently forget about all his lies. Instead, they blithely and flippantly talk about his "promises" -- promises that are worthless because we can never take BO at his word. He's a proven, well-established liar. So, I don't want to hear about any liar's "promises" -- no matter from what side of the aisle those worthless things are uttered.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
03-04-2009, 01:01 PM
since they are calling Rush the leader of the Republican party, Rush says he wants to debate "leader to leader", not with his flunkies like Rahm.

ddog
03-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Sure...corporate greed played a role. But are you suggesting that government played no role at all!? What precipitated the current crisis was government intervention into the private sector. Freddie and Fannie crashed because of the government's failed social engineering experiment. Clinton's Community Reinvestment Act played a major role our current woes because essentially the act said that everyone has a right to "affordable" housing -- even when they can't afford the "affordable"! The jobless, the homeless, welfare recipients, food stamp beneficiaries -- all these kinds of financially-challenged people the government was encouraging to become homeowners -- just so they could have a piece of the American Dream -- a piece of the American pie.

But naive fools like Sec have their noses so far up their messiah's anus that they conveniently forget about all his lies. Instead, they blithely and flippantly talk about his "promises" -- promises that are worthless because we can never take BO at his word. He's a proven, well-established liar. So, I don't want to hear about any liar's "promises" -- no matter from what side of the aisle those worthless things are uttered.

Boxcar

you know, on that cra deal , to this day i have never seen any stats posted that backs your assertion, much less any language from either the act or statements of executive policy flowing from it that support your assertion that cra played a major role in the crash.

Liekwise your fan/fre statement.
fannie was started in 1938 and charter change in 1968 some lag time there I guess, freddie 1970.
these gse , while i didn't and don't support them at all did not make the loans they provided the funding sources for the firms that did make the loans.
the loan process on the street level was corrupted in many cases by no oversight and no reg enforcement to keep the firms in line and away from false and liar loan along with no doc and everything else they could do to make a deal and get their rake.

When people assert the fan/fred/cra thing it tells me they are just blowing smoke , they don't know how the deals worked and don't care to find out.

THE IB guys that went belly up, they really had no regs / no gvt duty to perform in any of this, but yet they ALL went dead.

Wonder of wonders.

boxcar
03-04-2009, 01:20 PM
you know, on that cra deal , to this day i have never seen any stats posted that backs your assertion, much less any language from either the act or statements of executive policy flowing from it that support your assertion that cra played a major role in the crash.

Liekwise your fan/fre statement.
fannie was started in 1938 and charter change in 1968 some lag time there I guess, freddie 1970.
these gse , while i didn't and don't support them at all did not make the loans they provided the funding sources for the firms that did make the loans.
the loan process on the street level was corrupted in many cases by no oversight and no reg enforcement to keep the firms in line and away from false and liar loan along with no doc and everything else they could do to make a deal and get their rake.

When people assert the fan/fred/cra thing it tells me they are just blowing smoke , they don't know how the deals worked and don't care to find out.

THE IB guys that went belly up, they really had no regs / no gvt duty to perform in any of this, but yet they ALL went dead.

Wonder of wonders.

What is the "wonder of wonders" is that you haven't done your homework. Get back to me when you have. Seems to me that YOU are the one not really interested in getting to the bottom of things.

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
03-04-2009, 03:38 PM
holy crap! listening to Rush now challenging Obama to a debate!!:lol:

He is daring him. says don't throw out lightweights like Carville, Begala and Emanuel.

offers to pick up the tab, cost of the flight, etc.
"Mr. President, I will pick you up on EIB1".

lets debate the issues he says. he says why don't you put an end to me once and for all.
my sides are splitting this is so funny.

I listened to beginning of today's show and this is what I heard:

1. Emanuel may be gay because he was in the ballet at one point in his life.

2. Carville and Begala are worthless pieces of garbage not worthy of Rush's time.. And he got in a gay reference on them too.

3. Michael Steele called him Monday night. No big deal and not worth talking about.

4. Challenging Obama to come to Rush's station and discuss their differences. You know - mam to man. After all, he's Rush and Obama's not. :rolleyes:

That was it for me. Had to change stations while wondering if uniting gay bashers and people with portfolios was really this simple.

jballscalls
03-04-2009, 04:19 PM

2. Carville and Begala are worthless pieces of garbage not worthy of Rush's time.. And he got in a gay reference on them too.

3. Michael Steele called him Monday night. No big deal and not worth talking about.

4. Challenging Obama to come to Rush's station and discuss their differences. You know - mam to man. After all, he's Rush and Obama's not. :rolleyes:

That was it for me. Had to change stations while wondering if uniting gay bashers and people with portfolios was really this simple.

I thought Rush had a known gay affair with some guy back in Missouri when he was in college?? Just looked up online, they say his name is Elliot Sanders

ArlJim78
03-04-2009, 04:31 PM

so what?
Rush has been targeted by a white house hit team led by Emanuel, they want him to be the new foil that would replace Bush. they're playing hardball so don't shed too many tears about poor Rahm because Rush made a joke about him. tell Rahm to pull up his skirt because it might start to get rough now.

this white house is focusing on journalists and entertainers! anyone who steps out of line is put on Rahms list for destruction. they'll regret making Rush a target.

prospector
03-04-2009, 04:50 PM
obama said not to listen to rush...
the coward will never show up..its put up or hide time..

JustRalph
03-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Rush's ratings have got to be through the roof............mission accomplished :ThmbUp:

ddog
03-04-2009, 04:56 PM
What is the "wonder of wonders" is that you haven't done your homework. Get back to me when you have. Seems to me that YOU are the one not really interested in getting to the bottom of things.

Boxcar

You assert this over and over and over.
Since it seems to be at the core of the problem per you , then I would think you have done the work to have all the backup info at hand.

SO, you should be willing to post up what backs your positive assertions just as you so quickly post your biblical backups.

Perhaps why you don't is they don't exist.

You are out of your class here.

Bubba X
03-04-2009, 05:07 PM
so what?
Rush has been targeted by a white house hit team led by Emanuel, they want him to be the new foil that would replace Bush. they're playing hardball so don't shed too many tears about poor Rahm because Rush made a joke about him. tell Rahm to pull up his skirt because it might start to get rough now.

this white house is focusing on journalists and entertainers! anyone who steps out of line is put on Rahms list for destruction. they'll regret making Rush a target.

Actually, aside from a well-timed comment or two, the White House isn't any part of the current Rush-mania.

It's the work of the DNC and, really, what else do they have to do these days? The DNC is pretty clear in their strategy of trying to get the Republicans to move forward by having them trying to appeal to their base.

Instead of someone who can draw from the middle by talking about taxes, they now have Rush, who basically just rants against socialism. He was sheduled for 30 minutes and went on for an hour. The last half was just repeating the first half and was pretty useless.

Rush won't win the GOP one more vote. Look how well he did in November. All he really represents is the guy who throws some raw meat to the hungry horde.

ddog
03-04-2009, 05:12 PM
he sure as hell killed Msteele as a party leader.
What a whimp just I thought.

He's a clown and not fit to lead the high school band.

No way back with him around, not that it matters.

What rushy and the rest don't see is that the "party" is over, they are and will be identified with the in crowd - the money crowd - the k streeters that runs things and that won't be a good place to be in a bit.

They don't get that they are helping to generate their own firestorm.
Essentially they are drying out the (b)rush for the fire.

wait and see.

what's that old talking heads song , Burning Down the House.

I expect that should be the amended thread title now.

jballscalls
03-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Rush's ratings have got to be through the roof............mission accomplished :ThmbUp:

i have no doubt that his ratings have gone up, however did you read these somewhere or did you just hear him say it?? one thing i've learned is that all jocks say their ratings are going up and most arent LOL

ArlJim78
03-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Actually, aside from a well-timed comment or two, the White House isn't any part of the current Rush-mania.

you think I was born yesterday? the DNC may be involved but make no mistake, Rahm Emanuel is the strategist for all the dirty stuff, and if you think he's not involved you're living in a dreamworld. Its already documented that he's been chatting it up and sharing talking points with prominent members of their media team (ABC and CNN), namely George Stephanapolous, Carville, Begala etc. hell they even want Rahm to control the census from the WH.

here is another one carrying the water, David Plouffe, Obamas campaign manager, who is suddenly really concerned about the Republican leadership, and that they might be sending the wrong message, and adds to the mistaken idea that Rush has anything to do with the Republican party. Its a smear campaign plain and simple, they're trying to elevate Rush to party leader in the publics mind.
that's okay though, I see signs everywhere that people are catching on to these thugs. i don't see a long prosperous reign for this group, rather i think they will crash and burn quite badly, quite soon.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/03/AR2009030303210.html?sid=ST2009030303251

Secretariat
03-04-2009, 07:06 PM
The comedian/entertainer Rush Limpballs has been divorced three times already. Who knows or cares if he's gay? He's a three time loser in marriage yet by his own bloviations knows how to run a country.

Secretariat
03-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Give me an example of him misquoting the "Constiution" (sic).

Boxcar

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/03/02/limbaugh-constitution-ignorance/

Limbaugh misquotes Constitution while arguing Obama policies are ‘bastardization’ of Constitution.

During his speech to the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) on Saturday, Rush Limbaugh got some of his loudest applause when he declared that President Obama’s policies represent a “bastardization of the Constitution.” He attempted to prove his devotion to the document by quoting from it:

We love and revere our founding documents, the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. [Applause] We believe that the preamble to the Constitution contains an inarguable truth that we are all endowed by our creator with certain inalienable rights, among them life. [Applause] Liberty, Freedom. [Applause] And the pursuit of happiness. [Applause] Those of you watching at home may wonder why this is being applauded. We conservatives think all three are under assault. [Applause]

However, it’s is the Declaration of Independence — and not the Constitution — that affirms the equality of all men and man’s inalienable right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; the Preamble to the Constitution focuses on establishing “a more perfect Union.” Ironically, after revealing his ignorance of America’s founding documents, Limbaugh told his conservative competition that “the Constitution doesn’t need to be redefined. Conservative intellectuals, the Declaration of Independence does not need to be redefined and neither does conservatism.”

Secretariat
03-04-2009, 07:18 PM

See this is where you just don't get it Lefty. I don't object to the comedian/entertainer Rush Limpballs popularity - he's got rightwingers paying his bills - good for him. And truthfully, everytime he opens his mouth Obama's polls seem to climb higher. What's not to like?

Lefty, I've put a link here from a former dittohead like yourself Jim Derych who saw the light.

http://www.failuremag.com/arch_arts_dittohead_confessions.html

The former dittohead's confessions had some interesting comments about the origin of dittohead and his observations.

"It's unfortunate—at least it should be unfortunate to the dittohead nation—that it equates with mindlessly parroting whatever Rush says. If you ask a dittohead, "Why are you so proud that you mindlessly parrot Rush?" a lot of them will claim to disagree with him about a bunch of different issues. But when you say, "Like what?" they say, "I can't think of anything right now, but I'm sure there are things I disagree about."

"What goes through your mind when you hear Limbaugh today?

I have been out since February 25, 2004—that was my last day in the [Republican] Party. Ever since then when I listen to Rush I think, "Can you believe this crap? Where is he even getting this?" I hear him harping on one thing that is completely destroyed by the four other things that he fails to mention.

Today I can listen to Rush for about 45 seconds before I have to turn him off. Part of it is that I'm ashamed that I never questioned anything he said and that it should have been obvious to me sooner. It's uncomfortable for me to go back and realize, "Oh, I totally would have bought that." But I sometimes feel obligated to listen because I'm the former dittohead guy and people want to know what I think about what he says. A couple of weeks ago he said that Bush's popularity was waning because everybody knew that we'd won the war in Iraq. Now that's just laugh-out-loud stupid. "

Secretariat
03-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Sec, what hate speech?:confused:
I heard none. Enlighten me.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200704120010

JustRalph
03-04-2009, 07:44 PM
the fact that you are spending so much time on Limbaugh is just testament to his importance to the ongoing discussion

Lefty
03-04-2009, 07:44 PM
I submit you guys don't even know the true definition of dittohead.
sec, don't you find it strange that the media matters only find fault with conservatives? They are a leftwing piece of crap. They think anything any conservative says is hateful.

delayjf
03-04-2009, 07:47 PM
If you've ever wondered what goes on inside the mind of a Rush Limbaugh fan, let us introduce you to Jim Derych. For more than a decade Derych was a loyal, self-assured Limbaugh follower—a so-called dittohead—who uncritically accepted the ideas Rush advocated on his syndicated national radio program. But by the time George W. Bush took office in 2001, Derych found himself questioning the wisdom of Rush's ideology, ultimately concluding that Limbaugh's social, economic and political principles sounded better in theory than they worked in practice. In 2004, Derych deserted Limbaugh and the Republicans and switched his allegiance to the Democratic Party.

I got as far as this and concluded the man is full of it. I don't believe that he ever was a dittohead. Seriously, the election of President Bush is what sent him over the edge?? Give me a break. IMO, this guy is a fake convert who's only sucking up to his audience.

Lefty
03-04-2009, 08:00 PM
sec, Rush is the voice of Conservatism and i'm a Conservative, so there ya go. I guess the only way i'll ever discount Rush is if i become a socialist. Not likely...
Obama, like Clinton, will find he's made a mistake by trying to hit Rush. He hits back.

Rookies
03-04-2009, 10:02 PM
"4. Challenging Obama to come to Rush's station and discuss their differences. You know - mam to man. After all, he's Rush and Obama's not. :rolleyes: "

He's so consumed with himself (contrary to his stated opinion of not being an arrogant, bombastic bully) that he really believes he has the stature to have the President come to his radio network to debate him ! :lol: (Of course, it's all about his ratings, as Ralph has pointed out... even he doesn't quite yet think he's ascended to the right hand of the Father ! :D )

I really tuned into him during 2006, when he kept increasing the viciousness of the personal attacks on various Dems. It was Shadenfreude defined, a literal macaca moment, to e-mail him when they swept the boards. And in 2008, yet another absolute beating with the wave of Obama.

Keep up the good work, Windbag. Some con clown today on WBEN urged him to run for President, as both parties were opposed to conservatives. Of course, even Flushed knows, that there isn't a hope in hell of a true CONSERVATIVE party taking office. They'd never get more than the 30-35% they have now, and with mad dogs like him, Hannity and Coulter leading the attack, they'd be lucky if they broke the Mendosa line.

Lefty
03-04-2009, 10:28 PM
rookies. the obama WH targeted Rush. Rush is fighting back. He knows Obama is too cowardly to engage in a debate him. First Obama in the Campaign kept going after Hannity. Hannity invited him on his show. He didn't show up. Now he's after Rush. He won't do anything but attack from afar and through the willing leftwing media. Dims are famous for going after people they don't like.
Rush is not hateful but the left is. It's a sad day in America when a sitting Pres feels it's necessary to attack a talkshow host.
The economy is in freefall and obama sits in the WH munching on steak that goes for a hundred bucks a pound and sends his minions to attack Rush.

boxcar
03-04-2009, 10:55 PM
"4. Challenging Obama to come to Rush's station and discuss their differences. You know - mam to man. After all, he's Rush and Obama's not. :rolleyes: "

He's so consumed with himself (contrary to his stated opinion of not being an arrogant, bombastic bully) that he really believes he has the stature to have the President come to his radio network to debate him ! :lol: (Of course, it's all about his ratings, as Ralph has pointed out... even he doesn't quite yet think he's ascended to the right hand of the Father ! :D )

Not to worry, Rook, BO doesn't own a pair large enough to show up on Rush's doorstep. All he has is Style and when that goes up against Substance, Mr. Sizzle will get burned every time.

And for your info and to jog your selectively poor memory, it was BO who gave credibility and "stature" to Rush, beginning a few weeks back. Prez Stinky was the one who first brought up Rush's name in a speech exhorting people to not listen to what Rush had to say, etc., etc. BO must have been pretty nervous to have singled out a public, but non-elected official by name.

Boxcar

Rookies
03-04-2009, 11:21 PM
Not to worry, Rook, BO doesn't own a pair large enough to show up on Rush's doorstep. All he has is Style and when that goes up against Substance, Mr. Sizzle will get burned every time.

And for your info and to jog your selectively poor memory, it was BO who gave credibility and "stature" to Rush, beginning a few weeks back.
Boxcar

Only in the fantasy world of the sycho-dittos do you get a freebie here to debate a President. No, it's the Windbag that doesn't have a pair (well if you listen to part of this thread anyway). Honestly, I'm afraid he wouldn't be alive due to his various medical conditions, after a gruelling 2 year run for the Presidency, which is what he'd have to do to debate Obama.

Interesting then, that you would say by deduction, that he had NO stature after 20 years of running his mouth on talk radio until Obama mentioned him... as I figured.

Lefty
03-04-2009, 11:46 PM
rookies, so Conservatives are psychos, huh? In ther dim world, everyone that doesn't agree with them is Psycho. You'd think anyone, even a Pres would have the balls to debate someone he has criticsized. But not Onbama. He sets the media on them, and no one will take the big man head on.
Pres Bush, was a class act. He took the heat for 8 yrs and never set attack dogs on anyone.
Obama hasn't been in but a month or so and he can't take the heat.
He's a wimp.

highnote
03-05-2009, 12:09 AM
Rush is good for the economy. If he has lots of listeners, then he probably has lots of advertisers spending money. It's all about getting listeners. The more entertaining he is, the more listeners he gets, the more advertisers he gets, etc etc etc. He helps grease the wheels of our economy.

But make no mistake, it's vaudeville.

No different than Chris Matthews Hardball, Bill O'Reilly. It's "edu-tainment" that is easy to digest. It is dished out on a platter to be consumed by the masses.

Nothing wrong with it. It serves a purpose. And the main purpose is to draw listeners so advertisers spend money and keep shareholders happy.

The more controversial he can be, the more listeners he gets. He's understands how the game works.

He probably even has a big influence on how some segments of the population votes. But so does left wing radio. So it's probably a wash.

The best thing you can do, if you're able, is run for office. Even at the local level. As the saying goes, all politics are local. Running for office and winning will give you a chance to put your ideological beliefs into practice.

Tom
03-05-2009, 07:47 AM
Rush won't win the GOP one more vote. Look how well he did in November. All he really represents is the guy who throws some raw meat to the hungry horde.

Actually, he probably cost McCain a few points by not falling all over him. A hearty endorsement by Rush will mean a whole lot of votes. You have no clue what his huge audience thinks.:rolleyes:

Tom
03-05-2009, 07:54 AM
Bottom line here, Obama is a coward and will not debate Rush because he knows he will lose and look foolish. This is his change to shut Rush up once and for all, but we all know he cannot do it! :lol::lol::lol:

Bwaaccccccck bck bck bck bck Bwaacccccccck Obama!
The CHICKEN!

All the anti-Rush posts here are meaningless because on one reason.....Rush's numbers. Say what you will, the numbers is the numbers.

prospector
03-05-2009, 09:03 AM
http://mediamatters.org/items/200704120010

i submit that media matters is all hate speech..only left loons support it..

Bubba X
03-05-2009, 09:17 AM
Actually, he probably cost McCain a few points by not falling all over him. A hearty endorsement by Rush will mean a whole lot of votes. You have no clue what his huge audience thinks.:rolleyes:

Really? I think his audience agrees 110% with what he says. How's that for a clue?

But, since you claim to have all the clues, just who listens to the guy? Democrats?... no. Moderate Republicans?.... few. Independents? .... fewer still.

He is as popular as he is because his appeal is to the hard right. And there are plenty enough of those people to make him very, very successful.

You could put a tranied pig on the air and if you could teach it to talk like Limbaugh, you'd get the exact same audience.

Do you really think a wide range of people respond positively to him calling people who Limbaugh disagrees with "gay" or "Halfrican American?" The only ones who do are those who would anyway.

It is now far worse for the GOP now that they put him on TV for 80 minutes. Do you really think the "liberal biased" media let him babble on unfettered and uninterrupted for commercials for over 2x the time he was scheduled to speak because they feared his impact?

Come on, man. Say what you may, believe what you will but when you have a guy at least 350 pounds (pushing 4 clicks, it looks like, no?) in a black suit and shirt proclaiming himself the center of the party, do you really, truly, sincerely think this is a positive for the GOP?

There's a much chance of Limbaugh's new prominence being a plus for the GOP as there is of Obama debating him.

Maybe that will change and you will be right. You can always hope.

Tom
03-05-2009, 09:31 AM
His numbers speak for themselves.

Like Sec, you take stuff out of context and try to pawn it off as fact.

Guess what?
It doesn't work.

That and that fact that you guys keep harping on him. :lol:

But keep it up, you are sending his ratings through the roof.
And he is getting rich because it it.
And I admire people who get filthy rich.

ArlJim78
03-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Really? I think his audience agrees 110% with what he says. How's that for a clue?.
its not even close really and like others you just don't get it, or have a clue.
what you and others don't get is that people on the right are first and foremost trying to take principled positions. we don't follow leaders and dutifully do whatever we are told. its not about supporting Republicans or popular talk show hosts. most of us including Rush are sick and tired of the way Republicans have conducted themselves in recent years. why? because we are conservatives first!

we like Rush because he actually has the audacity to state pubicly and proudly that he is a conservative, not that we agree with him 100% of the time.

jballscalls
03-05-2009, 10:48 AM
its not even close really and like others you just don't get it, or have a clue.
what you and others don't get is that people on the right are first and foremost trying to take principled positions. we don't follow leaders and dutifully do whatever we are told. its not about supporting Republicans or popular talk show hosts. most of us including Rush are sick and tired of the way Republicans have conducted themselves in recent years. why? because we are conservatives first!

we like Rush because he actually has the audacity to state pubicly and proudly that he is a conservative, not that we agree with him 100% of the time.

I think this post is a good ideal of what conservatives and rush listeners should be. Unfortunately, my experience with numerous people who are avid listeners, is they they in fact DO follow leaders and dutifully do whatever they are told. The amount of line towing by them is amazingly consistent. And it's their perogative. Just been my experiences, i'm sure there are others that do think for themselves and sometimes go against the grain, i just havent met them.

Bubba X
03-05-2009, 11:34 AM

Bull.

There's a dozen guys just as proudly conservative as Limbaugh on radio and TV.

You may follow him closely because of his principals. Most of his fans follow him because he is bombastic and says ridiculous shit like calling some opposition gay or halfrican.

That makes me clueless?

I read in another post who some here think the next top Repub candidate will be. Some guy from Tennessee. Some other guy from South Carolina. Yeah, right. That's gonna work. Uh huh, sure. And you call me clueless?

Lefty
03-05-2009, 11:43 AM
jb, Rush is popular because he thinks like conservatives, not the other way around. When I first found him on ther radio, he was a voice that expressed MY thoughts. After yrs of hearing lib babble and lies from the left on radio and tv, Rush was most refreshing.

Yep, there are dozens as proudly conservative as Rush. But Rush led the way on the national scene and still has the largest audience.

ArlJim78
03-05-2009, 11:44 AM
Bull.

There's a dozen guys just as proudly conservative as Limbaugh on radio and TV.

You may follow him closely because of his principals. Most of his fans follow him because he is bombastic and says ridiculous shit like calling some opposition gay or halfrican.

That makes me clueless?

I read in another post who some here think the next top Repub candidate will be. Some guy from Tennessee. Some other guy from South Carolina. Yeah, right. That's gonna work. Uh huh, sure. And you call me clueless?
yep.

Bubba X
03-05-2009, 11:45 AM

Come on, admit it. You love Limbaugh only because next to him, you look skinny.

ArlJim78
03-05-2009, 11:50 AM
I think this post is a good ideal of what conservatives and rush listeners should be. Unfortunately, my experience with numerous people who are avid listeners, is they they in fact DO follow leaders and dutifully do whatever they are told. The amount of line towing by them is amazingly consistent. And it's their perogative. Just been my experiences, i'm sure there are others that do think for themselves and sometimes go against the grain, i just havent met them.
we must run in different circles then. i can only speak for myself and the people that I know. For example his recent stance that you shouldn't call his show if you have anything bad to say about Bobby Jindal. I say bull hockey to that. We don't need him to tell us who to like and dislike.

Lefty
03-05-2009, 11:55 AM
arljim, he didn't tell you who to like or dislike. He said don't call his show with it.
Listen up: It's his show and he dictates the policy.
If you don't like Bobby Jindal, go to it. Q: are you a conservative?

jballscalls
03-05-2009, 12:02 PM
arljim, he didn't tell you who to like or dislike. He said don't call his show with it.

It is his show and he makes the rules, decides which callers get through etc. but this is why his show is entertainment and not news, cause there is clearly an agenda, which is fine, it's his show

Tom
03-05-2009, 12:07 PM

Excuse me, I thought adults were posting here.

ArlJim78
03-05-2009, 12:22 PM
i get that its his show and wasn't trying to dictate his show policy, but that doesn't mean I have to like every aspect of his show or agree with his every utterance or hang on his every word which is the point i was trying to make to others who think everyone that listens to his show just sits around lapping it all up like a robot. of course he can say what he wants. I just didn't care how he so stridently tried to shut off any discussion about Jindal.

listen, I never said I don't like Bobby Jindal. let me state, I DO like Bobby Jindal. However he would not be my first choice when you start to discuss assuming the leadership mantle, as presumptive leaders of the pack for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination. would he be light years better than what we have now? yes of course.

boxcar
03-05-2009, 12:29 PM

So let's see...it's not cool in La La Land where you live to call anyone "halfafrican" (even though that's factual about BO, since he is halfwhite) but it is okay for you to crack a mean-spirited, gratuitous fat joke? Explain please, how the former is politically incorrect while the other is politically correct.

Boxcar

boxcar
03-05-2009, 12:33 PM
It is his show and he makes the rules, decides which callers get through etc. but this is why his show is entertainment and not news, cause there is clearly an agenda, which is fine, it's his show

If his show was nothing more than mere entertainment, containing no politically factual statements, then why are libs (and rhinos) so obsessed with him and put on the defensive? Explain please.

Boxcar

Marshall Bennett
03-05-2009, 12:36 PM
They're obviously trying to shift attention away from Obama and his non-stop series of blunders .

ddog
03-05-2009, 01:58 PM
So let's see...it's not cool in La La Land where you live to call anyone "halfafrican" (even though that's factual about BO, since he is halfwhite) but it is okay for you to crack a mean-spirited, gratuitous fat joke? Explain please, how the former is politically incorrect while the other is politically correct.

Boxcar

you can run off the fat not the skin , unless the fat is all in your head.
maybe you could explain pretty pls.

explain the rushbo crack about the medal of honor for je ray?

maybe that gives a litte more insight into him making steele his byatch.

Bubba X
03-05-2009, 02:38 PM
If his show was nothing more than mere entertainment, containing no politically factual statements, then why are libs (and rhinos) so obsessed with him and put on the defensive? Explain please.

BoxcarLMAO.
He's getting a bit of mainstream play. Big F deal. People must have gotten bored with that mother of the octuplets. That's it. What Limbaugh is factually correct about, you cqan write on a napkin. The rest is all bluster for the horde. You should keep listening, in any event.

Bubba X
03-05-2009, 02:52 PM

Boxcar

Let me try to explain it to you as if you are 10 years old.

You think Limbaugh using the term "halfrican" is ok since Obama is half black. Ok. I got it.

Why then, doesn't he just call him a mother******g halfrican? Factually, is that not true also?

that is the logic you apparently understand and follow. Hope I saved you some time. Carry on.

PaceAdvantage
03-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Al Franken or Senator Franken whatever you want to call him doesnt deserve respect from anyone. he's a scumbag and a liar, just look at all the falsehoods he's said about Bill O'reilly over the years. Please....stop...it doesn't look good on you. You can't fake this kind of stuff...really...you can't!

PaceAdvantage
03-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Meanwhile the American people still favor Obama.Lord, I should hope so. He's been in office less than two months!!! :lol:

highnote
03-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Please....stop...it doesn't look good on you. You can't fake this kind of stuff...really...you can't!

Have you read my response to your response about the Horse Photo?

You wrote that the photo was so good it looked unreal.

I wrote back to you, "photoshop?"

Then your email response above to the Rush thread appeared in my mailbox about a minute later and I thought it was in response to my reply about the horse photo. I was like, "What the hell are you jumping all over me about?" LOL :lol:

PaceAdvantage
03-05-2009, 08:23 PM
that still leaves hundreds of millions of people who only know him as the fat, drug riddled, caustic windbag that he is portrayed as by the mass media. Too bad the mass media failed to portray our current COKEHEAD-IN-CHIEF in a similar manner regarding hardcore drug use.

BTW, who is urine-testing our esteemed new President? After all, he is an admitted COKEHEAD. Do we really want to trust "the button" to an admitted HARDCORE DRUG USER? Who says he doesn't fall off the wagon and resort to "a little blow" to "take the edge off?"

As a taxpayer who actually pays his taxes, I want to know the guy driving this ship isn't resorting back to his bad old habits.

CIC stands for something else in my book now.

WaHoo
03-05-2009, 08:32 PM
As a taxpayer who actually pays his taxes, I want to know the guy driving this ship isn't resorting back to his bad old habits.

Actual 'Letter to the Editor' from the February 5th edition of the
Wichita Falls, Texas Times Record News...

Dear IRS,

I am sorry to inform you that I will not be able to pay taxes owed April 15, but all is not lost.

I have paid these taxes: accounts receivable tax, building permit tax, CDL tax, cigarette tax, corporate income tax, dog licence tax, federal income tax, unemployment tax, gasoline tax, hunting licence tax, fishing licence tax, waterfowl stamp tax, inheritance tax, inventory tax, liquor tax, luxury tax, medicare tax, city, school and county property tax (up 33 percent last 4 years), real estate tax, social security tax, road usage tax, toll road tax, state and city sales tax, recreational vehicle tax, state franchise tax, state unemployment tax, telephone federal excise tax, telephone federal state and local surcharge tax, telephone minimum usage surcharge tax, telephone state and local tax, utility tax, vehicle licence registration tax, capitol gains tax, lease severance tax, oil and gas assessment tax, Colorado property tax, Texas, Colorado, Wyoming, Oklahoma and New Mexico sales tax, and many more that I can't recall but I have run out of space and money.

When you do not receive my check April 15, just know that it is an honest mistake. Please treat me the same way you treated Congressmen Charles Rangle, Chris Dodd, Barney Frank and ex-Congressman Tom Dashelle and, of course, your boss Timothy Geithner. No penalties and no interest.

P.S. I will make at least a partial payment as soon as I get my stimulus check.

Ed Barnett

Wichita Falls

:lol: :lol: :D

pktruckdriver
03-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Man I sure must of posted the post here, feel totally ignored, and maybe rightfully so, too...Oh well

This is fun to read and entertaining, somewhat...

But it seems that "Not being a Rush Fan", is unpopular here, is that true?

What talk show guy got a 500 million dollar deal, recently?

Is he political, no, he's outrageous, but entertaining at times, and other times he's not.

Of the 100 Senators, or is it 99 right now?, how many are honest men, how many have done really good in there job lately? Better question is which one shouldn't be put in jail for what they did to this country, and we the people let them do it.

Haliburton---- need I say more----that would have never been allowed 20-40 years ago, how blatant was Cheney and Haliburton, profiting from what they created, a way to control everything , and we let it be done, the congress allowed it to be done, un fffing belivable, but here we are high fiving Rush.

And this new guy, will he succeed, who knows, I hope so for this country's sake, I like it here in this country, even though I can not get my bailout.

AIG GETS 30 BILLION MORE, BUT WHO GAVE THEM THE 1ST 150 BILLION, AND WHY, REALLY WHY THEM?? ANY ONE KNOW WHY, THEM...

All I need is about 10-25k to get back into the black, and be updated to all the new regulations coming in the next few years in trucking, and I am trying to comply with those new rules.

Man did I let loose, enjoy

I need to stay away from this Topic

Patrick

Screw Rush

Lefty
03-05-2009, 08:47 PM
pt, screw Rush? Screw you. As a hardworking taxpayer it would seem you're saying screw the wrong people. Rush personifies the Conservative movement. Conservatives believe in lower taxes and less govt intervention for people like you. Seems you're on the wrong side. Obama's Cap and Trade policy will greatly impact energy prices. Whether your truck uses gas or Diesal, Obama has guranteed a price increase. Enjoy.

pktruckdriver
03-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Dang 5 minutes and a screw me was thrown at me, man...

Grown men reacting like the women do to Oprah, what's this world coming to??

God help us all

Patrick

jballscalls
03-05-2009, 09:06 PM
just watched bobby jindal on hannity, seems a pretty cool and sharp guy

Lefty
03-05-2009, 09:43 PM
pt, it's unbecoming when a truckdriver can hurl it but when it comes back at hik like a boomerang of truth, he whines like little girl. Maybe YOU can get on Oprah. Rush is on your side but guess you just can't get your leetle head around it.

PaceAdvantage
03-05-2009, 10:47 PM
just watched bobby jindal on hannity, seems a pretty cool and sharp guyFor the love of God man!

boxcar
03-05-2009, 11:14 PM
Let me try to explain it to you as if you are 10 years old.

You think Limbaugh using the term "halfrican" is ok since Obama is half black. Ok. I got it.

Why then, doesn't he just call him a mother******g halfrican? Factually, is that not true also?

Why not, you ask? Well, since it appears that a rock is probably smarter than you, I'll try to explain it in terms you understand: It's because your conclusion doesn't not follow the premise logically. So, no, it's not "factually" true -- except, of course, in your twisted, perverted, demented way of thinking.

Btw, don't forget, sir: It was some black muckety muck at the Southern Christian Leadership who proclaimed BO wasn't black enough, clearly implying that halfwhite ain't cool.

And finally, I've never heard Rush use that term "halfafrican". Can you support your allegation that he did? Yes, he might have quoted some else using it (such as Nader), but I doubt very seriously that term originated with him. Please support your allegation.

that is the logic you apparently understand and follow. Hope I saved you some time. Carry on.

Actually, such a thought never occurred to me, but since it did to you then why are you projecting your twisted mindset on me? If you want to wallow in the gutter with the rest of your racist liberal buddies, feel free to do so. But keep me out of it. I hope I have made myself crystal clear.

Ciao,
Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
03-06-2009, 12:00 AM
I guess my policy of no personal attacks is just not going to work at this time. :bang:

Golf and Horses
03-06-2009, 12:18 AM
Rush who????

Bubba X
03-06-2009, 09:23 AM
Why not, you ask? Well, since it appears that a rock is probably smarter than you, I'll try to explain it in terms you understand: It's because your conclusion doesn't not follow the premise logically. So, no, it's not "factually" true -- except, of course, in your twisted, perverted, demented way of thinking.

Btw, don't forget, sir: It was some black muckety muck at the Southern Christian Leadership who proclaimed BO wasn't black enough, clearly implying that halfwhite ain't cool.

And finally, I've never heard Rush use that term "halfafrican". Can you support your allegation that he did? Yes, he might have quoted some else using it (such as Nader), but I doubt very seriously that term originated with him. Please support your allegation.

Actually, such a thought never occurred to me, but since it did to you then why are you projecting your twisted mindset on me? If you want to wallow in the gutter with the rest of your racist liberal buddies, feel free to do so. But keep me out of it. I hope I have made myself crystal clear.

Ciao,
Boxcar

lmao.

Here's your proof. You ccan call up the archive your own self:

LIMBAUGH: "Hey, Barack Obama has picked up another endorsement: Halfrican American actress Halle Berry. 'As a Halfrican American, I am honored to have Ms. Berry's support, as well as the support of other Halfrican Americans,' Obama said."

====================================
That is what Limbaugh said in his own words.

You want to know how Limbaugh referred to the mayor of New Orleans, Ray Nagin as? Ray Nay-ger. Yep. You can look that up your own self too.

But, of course, you cannot begin to compare either of these to the greatest-ever Limbaugh statement that I am sure, as a loyal follower, you greatly admire:

When speaking to a disagreeing black female caller to his show, Limbaugh said:

LIMBAUGH: "Take the bone out of your nose and call me back."
==================================================

If you say things like this, you are going to appeal to a narrow, yet large in number, group of folks.

And, if you are really, really good at it, you'll get 80 minutes at CPAC.

Keep tuning in. I'm sure you will.

ArlJim78
03-06-2009, 09:52 AM
i'm not up on the latest racial speech codes, does it make you a rascist if you say halfrican american.

boxcar
03-06-2009, 09:54 AM
lmao.

Here's your proof. You ccan call up the archive your own self:

Hey, Mr. Pimple on the Rump of an Elephant: Learn how to write a sentence and spell if you want to be taken seriously. You write and spell as though you graduated egregia cum laude from Dumb Down U. in some ghetto -- "your own self", "ccan" :rolleyes:

From the January 24 broadcast of Premiere Radio Networks' [i]The Rush Limbaugh Show:

[indent]LIMBAUGH: "Hey, Barack Obama has picked up another endorsement: Halfrican American actress Halle Berry. 'As a Halfrican American, I am honored to have Ms. Berry's support, as well as the support of other Halfrican Americans,' Obama said."

Just as I thought, the term didn't originate with Rush. Plus BO is referring to himself as "Halfrican American", so what's your beef, turkey? It's interesting that Media Matters (you know that organization right down there in the gutter with Daily Kos, NY Slimes, LA Times, etc., etc.) claims that Rush later retracted his claim that BO said this about himself, but one is very hard-pressed to find that retraction.

As usual, you extreme left wing whackos are taking Rush's remarks out of context in a vain and stupid attempt to make a mountain out of nothing.

Boxcar

boxcar
03-06-2009, 10:01 AM
i'm not up on the latest racial speech codes, does it make you a rascist if you say halfrican american.

Well, it's certainly not racist to say "African-American", clearly implying that one is half African, half American. So, why would it be racist to say "halfrican"? If someone is half one thing, then this immediately implies he or she is half something else, too. Correct? Much to do about nothing. (Is it any wonder libs can't make it on radio talk when they all they can do is fish for this kind of childish nonsense?) :rolleyes:

Boxcar

boxcar
03-06-2009, 10:04 AM
Rush who????

Let us know, please, when your feet finally touch Planet Earth -- if indeed they ever do. As long as you're not an illegal alien, we'll throw you a big Welcome Party just to demonstrate how hospitable we American Earthlings are.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
03-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Well, it's certainly not racist to say "African-American", clearly implying that one is half African, half American. So, why would it be racist to say "halfrican"? If someone is half one thing, then this immediately implies he or she is half something else, too. Correct? Much to do about nothing. (Is it any wonder libs can't make it on radio talk when they all they can do is fish for this kind of childish nonsense?) :rolleyes:

Boxcar
its because the people who are obsessed with race are those on the left.
Rush was mocking people like Biden and the black leaders who called Obama "clean-cut", "well spoken", "not black enough" etc.

Bubba X
03-06-2009, 11:51 AM
From the January 24 broadcast of Premiere Radio Networks' [i]The Rush Limbaugh Show:
[indent]LIMBAUGH: "Hey, Barack Obama has picked up another endorsement: Halfrican American actress Halle Berry. 'As a Halfrican American, I am honored to have Ms. Berry's support, as well as the support of other Halfrican Americans,' Obama said."

Just as I thought, the term didn't originate with Rush. Plus BO is referring to himself as "Halfrican American", so what's your beef, turkey? It's interesting that Media Matters (you know that organization right down there in the gutter with Daily Kos, NY Slimes, LA Times, etc., etc.) claims that Rush later retracted his claim that BO said this about himself, but one is very hard-pressed to find that retraction.

As usual, you extreme left wing whackos are taking Rush's remarks out of context in a vain and stupid attempt to make a mountain out of nothing.

Boxcar

LMMFAO

You are as thick as a boxcar full of rocks.

Obama never said the remark. Limbaugh asserted that Obama did.

How many years did you spend in third grade?

Bubba X
03-06-2009, 11:55 AM
Well, it's certainly not racist to say "African-American", clearly implying that one is half African, half American. So, why would it be racist to say "halfrican"?
Boxcar
It's not racist. Just juvenile. And stupid. So, there you go. You can root for a dumbass child as your party leader. You surely, as many, need someone like him to look to as a role model. He is all you want to be, no?

ddog
03-06-2009, 11:56 AM

Boxcar

the term African-American does not IMPLY any such thing.
Maybe to you , but that is not the common meaning of the term.
It doesn't mean half anything.

You are really getting weird here, even for you.

man i don't know but you need to maybe stick to quoting what rushbo or beck say even they would not have said something so dumb.

p.s. - well beck maybe not , he didn't know the other day that Blair was not PM for how many years now!

Maybe a teleprompter would help there.

Some fountain of wisdom there.

:eek:

ddog
03-06-2009, 11:58 AM

no, according to the boxcar lingo it makes you redundant.

boxcar
03-06-2009, 12:24 PM
the term African-American does not IMPLY any such thing.
Maybe to you , but that is not the common meaning of the term.
It doesn't mean half anything.

You are really getting weird here, even for you.

Well, then, enlighten those of us who you think sit in darkness. I'll be waiting with bated breath for your "pearls of wisdom". :rolleyes:

Some fountain of wisdom there

If so, then you should go to the head of line to indefinitely monopolize that watering trough.

Boxcar

boxcar
03-06-2009, 12:27 PM
LMMFAO

You are as thick as a boxcar full of rocks.

Obama never said the remark. Limbaugh asserted that Obama did.

How many years did you spend in third grade?

Evidently, nowhere as long as a naive fool as yourself has.

Where is the retraction that Media Matters claim Rush made? Must be somewhere in print. Dig it up for us, will ya?

Boxcar

ddog
03-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Well, then, enlighten those of us who you think sit in darkness. I'll be waiting with bated breath for your "pearls of wisdom". :rolleyes:

If so, then you should go to the head of line to indefinitely monopolize that watering trough.

Boxcar

YOU spew the original trash that YOU can't then define or back up.
I'd say as usual you are just dodging and weaving.

Even you must know how stupid your halfrican american deal was.

It doesn't mean half african and half american.

How could people who are born and raised here be half african and thus only half american.

You must define "american" or african as a race for the term to even begin to work as you are trying to use it?

p.s. it doesn't take a mensa type to look up who is the Pm before bloviating about stuff on the air if one is epected to be taken even at face value.
poor form.

fluff and puff how you will.

you seem extra special in that regard.

boxcar
03-06-2009, 12:42 PM
YOU spew the original trash that YOU can't then define or back up.
I'd say as usual you are just dodging and weaving.

Even you must know how stupid your halfrican american deal was.

It doesn't mean half african and half american.

How could people who are born and raised here be half african and thus only half american.

You must define "american" or african as a race for the term to even begin to work as you are trying to use it?

One more time before I leave you to drown in the dark murkiness your ignorance. Don't tell me again what "African-American" doesn't mean!. I already know what you think it doesn't mean. Tell me instead, what you think it means. You do comprehend what I'm asking here, right? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

ddog
03-06-2009, 12:50 PM
One more time before I leave you to drown in the dark murkiness your ignorance. Don't tell me again what "African-American" doesn't mean!. I already know what you think it doesn't mean. Tell me instead, what you think it means. You do comprehend what I'm asking here, right? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

uh , actually no oh shape shifter extraordinare , we were talking about HALFrican , recall that , from just a minute ago?

You see I am trying to get you to tell me what YOUR usage of the term means and I gave you one option to bail you out.

you do recall what we were talking about don't you?

If not I understand.

Now try to explain your use of the term, it should be a hoot.

:lol:

boxcar
03-06-2009, 12:56 PM
uh , actually no oh shape shifter extraordinare , we were talking about HALFrican , recall that , from just a minute ago?

You see I am trying to get you to tell me what YOUR usage of the term means and I gave you one option to bail you out.

you do recall what we were talking about don't you?

If not I understand.

Now try to explain your use of the term, it should be a hoot.

:lol:

In post 191 you referred to my explicit comment on "African-American". Don't play stupid, mindless juvenile games with me. Try to elevate yourself for once in your life and make your case honestly. Go back are read 191.

Boxcar

ddog
03-06-2009, 12:59 PM
In post 191 you referred to my explicit comment on "African-American". Don't play stupid, mindless juvenile games with me. Try to elevate yourself for once in your life and make your case honestly. Go back are read 191.

Boxcar

you refuse to engage on the original quote that you originally defined.

that is your reason for being here it seems.

halfrican-american is half that and half this.

explain.

the question still stands despite your bobbing and weaving.

Tom
03-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Isn't the very term African - American devisive?
Isn't American good enough?

But if you have to go by A-A, then isn't "halfrican" just the truth if you are half white?

But if Obama's daddy wasn't a citizen, then isn't he also "Hamerican?
So he is actually Halfrican-Hamerican, or Half-and-Half. Or Half-Ham, or SPAM!

Bubba X
03-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Don't play stupid, mindless juvenile games with me.
Boxcar:jump: But then how would.... never mind.:lol:

Bubba X
03-06-2009, 03:17 PM
But if Obama's daddy wasn't a citizen, then isn't he also "Hamerican?
So he is actually Halfrican-Hamerican, or Half-and-Half. Or Half-Ham, or SPAM!

Even given your lofty standards, this post is at an extremely high level.