PDA

View Full Version : Television Question

toetoe
02-28-2009, 05:52 PM
I received the gift of a Sanyo television --- presumably digital --- and it is locked in the video mode. Is this something I'll be able to fix by just getting a generic universal controller at Radio Shack ?

Pace Cap'n
02-28-2009, 10:35 PM
Apparently not an uncommon problem with the Sanyo...

Googled this up:

"Yippie, I figured out a solution that worked!!! I have a univeral remote from comcast, on that remote near the bottom left is a small button that says (input) tv/vcr, press that one time and whala!! the tv video screen was gone, I had to manually change the channel from the tv channel button on the unit. once I changed the channel to 3, my universal remote worked... the button is the second one from the bottom left... I was on hold with sanyo for a long time and just kept trying on my own, so good luck!!!!"

Like he said, Good Luck!

falconridge
03-01-2009, 12:41 AM
[QUOTE=Pace Cap'n]"whala!!"=QUOTE]

That's French. :rolleyes: :D

Shemp Howard
03-01-2009, 09:20 AM
More importantly, be sure to register the value of your gift with the Central Planning Bureau of Electronic Appliances in Washington, DC.

Recently created as a part of the BO stimulus package, it has been charged with creating a data base of all gift recipients such as yourself, to make certain all federal, state and local taxes on the value of the gift are reported on your tax returns.

Failure to comply is subject to heavy fines and possible imprisonment.

Be careful.

rastajenk
03-01-2009, 09:39 AM
Especially after posting it on the internet.

Expect a little toetoe the plumber treatment.

toetoe
03-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Thanks for all the volunteer support, as usual. :kiss: .

F'ridge,

Nice catch. That eluded me upon my first cursory perusal. I daresay it was nigh on proofreaderproof. Oh, and F'ridge ? Post here more often, goshdarnit. Have no fear. Hcap and his cohort of botched toilet training survivors do not suspect you of being to the right of Karl Marx, so you're persona grata. :jump:

As usual, I've said ... TOO MUCH. :eek: .