PDA

View Full Version : Obama declares war .............

JustRalph
02-27-2009, 08:21 PM
http://www.cnbc.com/id/29434104
http://media.cnbc.com/i/CNBC/Sections/CNBC_TV/CNBC_US/Shows/Kudlow/_Blog/_Common_Components/KR_Blog_Header.jpg

Let me be very clear on the economics of President Obama’s State of the Union speech and his budget.

He is declaring war on investors, entrepreneurs, small businesses, large corporations, and private-equity and venture-capital funds.

That is the meaning of his anti-growth tax-hike proposals, which make absolutely no sense at all — either for this recession or from the standpoint of expanding our economy’s long-run potential to grow.

Raising the marginal tax rate on successful earners, capital, dividends, and all the private funds is a function of Obama’s left-wing social vision, and a repudiation of his economic-recovery statements. Ditto for his sweeping government-planning-and-spending program, which will wind up raising federal outlays as a share of GDP to at least 30 percent, if not more, over the next 10 years.

more at the link

Lefty
02-27-2009, 08:40 PM
JR, I think he has effectively went to war with us all. Only some who think they will benefit do not realize he will put a buck in their right pocket and take ten from the left pocket. The cap on carbon energy is a case in point.

ArlJim78
02-27-2009, 09:02 PM
there is a rumour that Kudlow is considering taking a run at Chris Dodd's senate seat.

kenwoodallpromos
02-27-2009, 09:33 PM
"He is declaring war on investors, entrepreneurs, small businesses, large corporations, and private-equity and venture-capital funds."
Let's see- I guess that includes the auto industry, banks, those with incomes of $250k after business deductions, and persons investing in foreclosed houses?
Some of those you mentioned include those who over-extended themselves speculating.

JustRalph
02-27-2009, 09:59 PM
there is a rumour that Kudlow is considering taking a run at Chris Dodd's senate seat.

Does it come with hugely discounted Mortgages from Countrywide?

ArlJim78
02-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Does it come with hugely discounted Mortgages from Countrywide?
yes and a fancy cottage in Ireland.

BlueShoe
02-27-2009, 10:52 PM
Did everyone catch what Alan Keyes said about Obama?He stated flat out,no beating around the bush,that Obama is a Communist,and that America will cease to exist unless he is stopped.Refreshing to hear a public figure come right out and call it like it is.The clip is on Youtube,and O'Reilly aired it on the Factor.

hcap
02-27-2009, 11:15 PM
Did everyone catch what Alan Keyes said about Obama?He stated flat out,no beating around the bush,that Obama is a Communist,and that America will cease to exist unless he is stopped.Refreshing to hear a public figure come right out and call it like it is.The clip is on Youtube,and O'Reilly aired it on the Factor.
Yeah, that's why Keyes has been such a successful candidate so many times.
He is full of shit as usual.

Oh, and it was shown on BillO? Proof positive nonsense.

Lefty
02-27-2009, 11:30 PM
Do you see what Obama is doing? Keyes is vindicated by Obama's actions.

BlueShoe
02-28-2009, 12:28 AM
Truth often hurts,so do we kill the messenger that delivers it?Mr. Keyes is to be taken seriously.

Greyfox
02-28-2009, 12:43 AM
Truth often hurts,so do we kill the messenger that delivers it?Mr. Keyes is to be taken seriously.

I said it elsewhere in a thread that wanted 13 words. Here I'll say it in 7:

War on Capitalism overshadows War on Terrorism.

Having said that, I'm not a fan of Dr. Phil or Oprah making what they do either.
But I just will not watch them. If enough of us did that, they wouldn't be in our faces every day.

But Obama's not doing anything different than he said he was going to do.
There was a huge "buy in." I didn't buy. But a Democracy gets what it votes for.

Tom
02-28-2009, 11:04 AM
All the whining and crying the left did about corporate welfare......where are they now? :lol:

Out looking for their credibility, I suppose.

kenwoodallpromos
02-28-2009, 11:29 AM
Yeah, that's why Keyes has been such a successful candidate so many times.
He is full of shit as usual.

Oh, and it was shown on BillO? Proof positive nonsense.
Watch it! Nader is in the same category!!LOL!!

hcap
03-01-2009, 05:35 AM
Watch it! Nader is in the same category!!LOL!!Nader actually has done commendable things in the real world.
Name a "Keyes" thing. Other than a silly TV program

Thomas Roulston
03-01-2009, 05:45 AM

Resorting to McCarthyism is reprehensible. Keyes should be ashamed of himself.

But then again, the Republicans are losing the country on all fronts - not only on the economy, but even on foreign affairs, as last week a poll came out showing a majority of Americans now opposed to the war in Afghanistan for the first time ever (and against staying the course in Iraq by more than 2-to-1); and the GOP's pathetic appeal to reverse class envy in the home-mortgage debate seems to be likewise falling on stony ground.

BlueShoe
03-01-2009, 09:18 AM
McCarthyism?The senator has been vindicated from a historical standpoint.The state dept. and all levels of government HAD been infiltrated by Communist spys working for the Soviets.Guess whose administration hired and placed these traitors in positions of trust and responsibility?Did you say FDR?

JustRalph
03-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Nader actually has done commendable things in the real world.

yeah, like when he fell asleep on that airplane with his face shoved against the window and destroyed all the nerves in his face.

Next time you see him on TV......and he looks like a stroke victim......remind yourself how smart he is............

ArlJim78
03-01-2009, 03:10 PM
Name a "Keyes" thing. Other than a silly TV program
the most notable thing Nader accomplished was siphoning off enough democrat votes in Florida to give Bush the presidency in 2000.

For this Ralph Nader, I salute you.

hcap
03-02-2009, 02:46 AM
McCarthyism?The senator has been vindicated from a historical standpoint.The state dept. and all levels of government HAD been infiltrated by Communist spys working for the Soviets.Guess whose administration hired and placed these traitors in positions of trust and responsibility?Did you say FDR? :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

Utter bull

hcap
03-02-2009, 03:10 AM
yeah, like when he fell asleep on that airplane with his face shoved against the window and destroyed all the nerves in his face.

Next time you see him on TV......and he looks like a stroke victim......remind yourself how smart he is............Yeah and you can get AIDS from public toilet seats.

From...

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/1989/05/22/72002/index.htm

"Nader contracted Bell's palsy, a mysterious malady that paralyzes the facial nerve. It usually disappears within a few weeks, but Nader suffered for months. The disease contorted the left side of his face, making him look as if he had had a stroke; his left eye could not blink and dripped with tears
Bell's palsy (facial palsy) is characterised by facial drooping on the affected half, due to malfunction of the facial nerve (VII cranial nerve), which controls the muscles of the face. Named after Scottish anatomist Charles Bell, who first described it, Bell's palsy is the most common acute mononeuropathy (disease involving only one nerve), and is the most common cause of acute facial nerve paralysis. The paralysis is of the infranuclear/lower motor neuron type. Bell’s palsy affects about 40,000 people in the United States every yearMost scientists believe that a viral infection such as viral meningitis or the common cold sore virus - herpes simplex - causes the disorder. They believe that the facial nerve swells and becomes inflamed in reaction to the infection, causing pressure within the Fallopian canal and leading to an infarction (the death of nerve cells due to insufficient blood and oxygen supply). In some mild cases (where recovery is rapid), there is damage only to the myelin sheath of the nerve. The myelin sheath is the fatty covering-which acts as an insulator-on nerve fibers in the brain
I guess all these sufferers of Bell's palsy also dozed on their flights............

Well-known patients with Bell's palsy include Canada's 20th Prime Minister Jean Chrétien, WWE commentator Jim Ross, Def Leppard bassist Rick Savage and actors Alexis Denisof, Jamey Sheridan and Sylvester Stallone as well as the other 40,000 Americans each year who get it. ????? :bang:

Lefty
03-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Thomas R. Obama is sending more troops to Afghanistan. Is the poll indicating Obama is wrong? So you admit there is class envy. Are you for it? Sounds like you are from your statement.

JustRalph
03-02-2009, 01:46 PM
yep, I would stop telling that story about falling asleep on the plane too.........

Btw, Nader himself used to tell the plane story as the cause of his palsy............... go ahead.........put him on that pedestal.......

another victim.......

hcap
03-02-2009, 02:03 PM
yep, I would stop telling that story about falling asleep on the plane too.........

Btw, Nader himself used to tell the plane story as the cause of his palsy............... go ahead.........put him on that pedestal.......

another victim.......I would be interested if you can back that up, and if he really thinks that was the cause of his Bells' palsey. Any links?

Greyfox
03-02-2009, 02:44 PM
I would be interested if you can back that up, and if he really thinks that was the cause of his Bells' palsey. Any links?

http://www.ontheissues.org/Archive/Crusader_Spoiler_Icon_Ralph_Nader.htm

"In 1986, Nader developed a condition called Bell's Palsy. It affects the nerves in a person's face. Common symptoms include various ticks and twitches, and even partial paralysis of facial muscles. The condition is often unilateral, affecting only one side of a person's face. The cause is still unknown, although it is suspected to be a virus. Nader was sure he contracted the condition from recirculated air while traveling on a plane. "

Burls
03-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Let me be very clear on the economics of President Obama’s State of the Union speech and his budget.

He is declaring war on investors, entrepreneurs, small businesses, large corporations, and private-equity and venture-capital funds.

That is the meaning of his anti-growth tax-hike proposals, which make absolutely no sense at all — either for this recession or from the standpoint of expanding our economy’s long-run potential to grow.

Raising the marginal tax rate on successful earners, capital, dividends, and all the private funds is a function of Obama’s left-wing social vision, and a repudiation of his economic-recovery statements.But Ralph, haven't those tax-cut reversals been postponed until after the economy is recovering?

Ditto for his sweeping government-planning-and-spending program, which will wind up raising federal outlays as a share of GDP to at least 30 percent, if not more, over the next 10 years.I guess the only thing we can say here is 'If it ain't broke, then don't fix it.'. The Bush Administration had such a wonderful effect on the economy and now Obama is going to go ahead and alter everything. ...
Haven't we just seen the best demonstration we could ask for that all of this trickle down stuff just doesn't work?

hcap
03-02-2009, 03:07 PM
"In 1986, Nader developed a condition called Bell's Palsy. It affects the nerves in a person's face. Common symptoms include various ticks and twitches, and even partial paralysis of facial muscles. The condition is often unilateral, affecting only one side of a person's face. The cause is still unknown, although it is suspected to be a virus. Nader was sure he contracted the condition from recirculated air while traveling on a plane.

I posted the same info you did. But here is Ralph....

Next time you see him on TV......and he looks like a stroke victim......remind yourself how smart he is............Hey Grey this is Ralph calling Nader stupid.

I know what Bells' palsy is and it don't look like you can get it shoving your face against an airplane window.

If that were true George W, Churchill would be suffering big time from Bells' ever since Katrina.

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics/blog/20050831bush_airforce1_orleans.jpg

Tom
03-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Economy = good 2001-2006
Economy = bad 2006 - now

2006.....what happened in 2006?
Oh, yeah, dems got congress.

:rolleyes:

ddog
03-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Economy = good 2001-2006
Economy = bad 2006 - now

2006.....what happened in 2006?
Oh, yeah, dems got congress.

:rolleyes:

wrong

economy a pack of lies/fraud and hot air 2001-2006 and before and still.
you think all the dead loans/ib/banks started in 2006?
What a gullible chump.
:lol:

the things people will (i guess) believe that defy all logic so as not to have to break down their tiny world.
:(

JustRalph
03-02-2009, 04:04 PM
But Ralph, haven't those tax-cut reversals been postponed until after the economy is recovering?

I guess the only thing we can say here is 'If it ain't broke, then don't fix it.'. The Bush Administration had such a wonderful effect on the economy and now Obama is going to go ahead and alter everything. ...
Haven't we just seen the best demonstration we could ask for that all of this trickle down stuff just doesn't work?

Burls., I don't mind the elaboration on stuff I post...........but this stuff you quoted came from the article?....... I didn't write that.........just recommended it for reading............ found it interesting.......... I won't attempt to elaborate on the authors work. Sorry, not qualified.............

Burls
03-02-2009, 08:55 PM
Burls., I don't mind the elaboration on stuff I post...........but this stuff you quoted came from the article?....... I didn't write that.........just recommended it for reading............ found it interesting.......... I won't attempt to elaborate on the authors work. Sorry, not qualified.............Oh...I though those were your words, Ralph. ...

JustRalph
03-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Oh...I though those were your words, Ralph. ...

nope, I enjoy kicking it around with you.........but when it comes to economics ............ at the Kudlow level............ I am out......... :ThmbUp:

Tom
03-02-2009, 09:40 PM
ddog, you are correct. Those bad loans and all started long before.
Under Carter, actually, and turned into a recession under Clinton. Bush was able to stave it off for 6 years - not bad, seeing the eco-mess he inherited from Billy boy.

Once dems got congress again, even Bush was unable to hold back the bursting dam.

ddog
03-03-2009, 12:59 PM
ddog, you are correct. Those bad loans and all started long before.
Under Carter, actually, and turned into a recession under Clinton. Bush was able to stave it off for 6 years - not bad, seeing the eco-mess he inherited from Billy boy.

Once dems got congress again, even Bush was unable to hold back the bursting dam.

heh, guess what i can kinda agree with that.
BUt, there's always one, the dims taking over congress had nothing to do with it as you so aptly described many times , they did nothing in the two years they had the congress.

I recall you were chiding them as do nothing and obstructionist.

Well, which is it??

By the way, they really did have nothing to do with it in 2006-07.

it's all fine to poke fun at it, but i would hope you don't really live your life based on these fantasies. it's your choice, still , of course.