PDA

View Full Version : Caveats with features at PTC

rrbauer
02-27-2009, 12:45 PM
I remained silent about these problems because I understood that Ian was seeking solutions to them. If he is out of the picture, who knows how that outfit is going to go forward.

Problem 1. When using Bet Builder and placing bets in the queue for release at some predesignated time (say 0 MTP) if you are attempting to cancel bets from the queue at the time the bets are scheduled to be released, those bets will release, even if the dialog/button box is present asking you to confirm the deletion. When you click "Yes" to verify the cancellation, the bets disappear from the queue leaving you with the impression that they have been deleted. They have not! They have been submitted and your only evidence of that is to click on the "Sent Bets" tab and there they will be. The bet records should be "locked" until the cancellation verification has been completed and then deleted if the cancellation was verified; not released to be processed.

Problem 2. When using the Dutch feature with the bets queued until some predesignated time, if a horse is a late scratch before the bet has been released the scratched horse is removed from the allocation process but the amount of money associated with that horse is not. For example, if you have a $100 wager setup to be spread over two horses and one horse scratches, the entire amount gets bet on the remaining horse. Now it may be that you want that to happen, but there is no way to designate a "must be included" for the horses involved; and, if the bet all goes to a single horse there is no way to cancel that bet aside from calling Pete, because those bets are not accessible by the customer on the PTC site once they have been placed. Of course, if the horse scratches after the bet was placed and was in the tote system then the bet(s) involving the scratched horse would simply be refunded as part of the normal tote processing.

Problem 3. When making ACH withdrawals the maximum withdrawal that can be made in a single transaction is $1500. So, if you want to make a withdrawal larger than that, it has to be broken up. No big deal, but there is an ancillary issue and that is that there is a 1% service charge associated with withdrawals that is not disclosed anywhere (that I could find) and I think it gets maxed at $5 (again, I'm not sure). But the max only applies to a single transaction so if you have to split a large withdrawal to accommodate the ACH max-rule you will pay the service charge again, and again, with each withdrawal.

Clearly there are workarounds for all of these problems (don't use queues, don't make ACH withdrawals) but now you have a heads-up about their existence.

PaceAdvantage
03-02-2009, 02:09 AM
Much thanks for bringing to light these issues...

rrbauer
03-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Much thanks for bringing to light these issues...

I have been told that the software-related issues have been forwarded to the IT group that does their work.