PDA

View Full Version : Patch of Blue --- He Is In Thursday

toetoe
02-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Race (7) @ Santa Anita has a Frankel/Gomez horse at 3/5 ( :eek: ) on the line, while the horse I honestly believe is most likely to win, Patch of Blue, is at 8/1 !!!

Now, the easy lead figures to fall to Icemancometh, but his common class and tendency to drift out are red flags, meaning that to win this, Sadler may have to have him ready for the race of his life.

The other pretenders are marathon "speed" types, making them hard to gauge at 9 furlongs.

If Midships is the monster the Hollywood Derby is supposed to indicate that he is, he should win. However, TT says check out Patch of Blue. He just may sprout WINGS.

Hajck Hillstrom
02-26-2009, 03:33 PM
If Midships is the monster the Hollywood Derby is supposed to indicate that he is, he should win. However, TT says check out Patch of Blue. He just may sprout WINGS. I couldn't agree more. I would have both of these contenders on a Pik6 ticket. In fact, if I were to play an economical $216 ticket today, it would look like this:

Race3 :1::3::5:
Race4 :1::5:
Race5 :5:
Race6 :4::7::10:
Race7 :5::7:
Race8 :4::5::8:

Light
02-26-2009, 05:04 PM
TT

For once I agree with you. I think there is plenty of pace to keep the Iceman company with the 1,2 and 6 all up there. POB is the best closer. Mid has the best SR. I put in a $12k ticket with TVGfree.net from my winnings in the other Pk6 at GGF. Yesterday was a real heartbreaker for someone at SA when the 6 got hairlined in the last. It was going to pay $352k if the 6 won. Anyrate,I'm trying to be on top of the TVG leaderboard and this is the ticket I put in. Its more based on a horse being first or 2nd in early or late pace rather than handicapping. This method did sweep the BC pk6 a couple of years back. Of course I would never play anything close to this. Its just for fun.

1,3,5,7//1,3,5,7//2,5,7//5,6,7,8,9,10//1,3,5,7//4,5,8,12,13

Light
02-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Brice Blanc totally sucked in the 4th. Stretching out he had way more speed than the 4 but instead takes back leaving the 4 to have it all his way. Then when the 1 puts some pressure on the 4 he decides he can take back even farther. Finally he decides its time to race (oh really!) and literally gets crushed between 2 horses in the stretch and incredibly still has enough to get second while gaining on the leader.He's should be fired from that barn. The horse is by Congaree who is by Arazi for crimity sake. $12K down the tubes. And if you think $12k was a ridiculous bet in the pk6, just call me Crist.

keilan
02-26-2009, 07:00 PM
#7 Midships looks awfully good in this spot but I'll try and beat him with #5 Patch of Blue and #6 You Got Me Rocking

Late Double 5-6/4

toetoe
02-26-2009, 07:08 PM
Light,

I was kinda proud of that stretcher, battling on for second. I also had Rochelle's Jimmy singled on my mythical ticket. I don't think the others will stay with Iceman, but he stinks anyway.

toetoe
02-26-2009, 07:13 PM
Well, at least throwing out the HUGE chalk was something I did right. Of course, Mike Smith lost all chance of winning by strangling his mount, but the nag held for second. :faint: .

Patchy looked awful in the stretch, almost like someone looking for a safe place to break down. :( ... :blush: .

This must be carrying over to at least some longshots now, wot ?

keilan
02-26-2009, 07:17 PM
You Got Me Rocking drops from 11-1 with zero minutes to 7-1 final, someone layed a very significant bet to move the odds that much. ;)

Light
02-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Sometimes these wire jobs look like jockeys playing with each others heads rather than who has the most early speed. The 1 and 4 are always on the lead. The 6,not necessarily. Its a joke to watch Gryder rate the 1 (when he has the rail) and then ask him to pass the 6 in the stretch. Read the form Aaron.

Like Neil Young says " its better to burn out than it is to fade"

This must be carrying over to at least some longshots now, wot ?

Its paying out to all but the 1,2,7. Lowest payoffs are above $300K.

Correction: only $109k with the 8

keilan
02-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Sometimes these wire jobs look like jockeys playing with each others heads rather than who has the most early speed. The 1 and 4 are always on the lead. The 6,not necessarily. Its a joke to watch Gryder rate the 1 (when he has the rail) and then ask him to pass the 6 in the stretch. Read the form Aaron.

Yeah it sure looked like the "fix" was in boyz. Who could believe the 6 horse would go gate to wire :)

Light
02-26-2009, 07:51 PM
Its not that the 6 couldn't win it (and kudos for picking it). Its what were the speedsters doing looking at that horse's tail. Moonlighting?(get it)

Pk6 paid $930k

keilan
02-26-2009, 08:17 PM
Its not that the 6 couldn't win it (and kudos for picking it). Its what were the speedsters doing looking at that horse's tail. Moonlighting?(get it)

Yeah I "get it" you and your sidelick don't handicap real well and when the race doesn't go as you planned it, then the jockeys are at fault.

Here's a little good will for you, just because I love you California guys so much. Stick Gold Stock in you're stable mail :p

Light
02-26-2009, 08:57 PM
Yeah I "get it" you and your sidelick don't handicap real well and when the race doesn't go as you planned it, then the jockeys are at fault.

Those picks werent handicapped. If you read my preface I specifically said I did not handicap those picks. They were computer generated and I used whoever was 1st or 2nd in E2 or LP.

And grow up with the "can't handicap" crap. I had $12,000 in TVG money to throw away on an experimental for fun tvg ticket with much more left in the balance. I doubt that is the sign of someone who "can't handicap".

keilan
02-26-2009, 09:28 PM
Brice Blanc totally sucked in the 4th.

Sometimes these wire jobs look like jockeys playing with each others heads rather than who has the most early speed. Read the form Aaron.

And finally

Those picks werent handicapped. If you read my preface I specifically said I did not handicap those picks. They were computer generated

I doubt that is the sign of someone who "can't handicap".

Lighten up -- it's preciously that you would ignore your own handicapping and trust a computer generated program that leads me to comment on your ability as a handicapper.

I have some green to count and a hockey game to watch. U enjoy the evening big fella (get it) smart ass

Light
02-26-2009, 10:16 PM
Lighten up -- it's preciously that you would ignore your own handicapping and trust a computer generated program that leads me to comment on your ability as a handicapper.

Quit whining. My computer program has picked pk6's up to $500,000. Sorry you werent happy with its outcome today,but no handicapper or computer program is going to make those kinds of scores everyday. Only a novice cannot figure that out.

PaceAdvantage
02-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Since when did Keilan turn into such a prick?

keilan
02-27-2009, 12:12 AM
Since when did Keilan turn into such a prick?

The day u started doing Mac

PaceAdvantage
02-27-2009, 02:52 AM
In case you hadn't noticed, you're still here as well. Am I "doing" you too?

Unfortunately for me, I like both you guys as contributors here, but I have to tell you, your act has pushed me over the edge lately.

And in the love affair that is Mac + Keilan, I'm the one definitely getting the short end...

Let me ask you Keilan. You seem to have turned into this bitter, condescending ass of a poster. It's not just Mac these days. Now you're butting heads with Light...hell, you seem to want to butt heads with anyone in the rare moments you poke your head above ground.

So, I'll ask again...why bother?

Light
02-27-2009, 11:15 AM
Maybe Keilan should take his own advice:

It's too easy to be critical of ourself or someone else's selections after the fact.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=517749#post517749

Unfortunately he reserves that courtesy to those he thinks are winners and has a double standard if you lose. How immature.

toetoe
02-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Keilan Sir,

Permission to stick said selection into my stocking and smoke it, as if it were in my pipe, SIR.

Light,

My Mattel Horserace Analyzer (TM) kicks your computer's ASS, dude. :p .

I guess we'll always be California, Light. [Sniff, sniff.] I'm ashamed. :(