PDA

View Full Version : Two charged with felonies in IRG probe

trigger
02-26-2009, 11:51 AM
"A U.S. district attorney in Nevada has charged two people with three felony counts of running an illegal gambling business, money laundering, and interfering with the administration of IRS laws in an investigation linked to the defunct offshore rebate shop International Racing Group, according to a document filed Feb. 18 in U.S. District Court."

http://www.drf.com/news/article/101879.html

highnote
02-26-2009, 10:22 PM
"A U.S. district attorney in Nevada has charged two people with three felony counts of running an illegal gambling business, money laundering, and interfering with the administration of IRS laws in an investigation linked to the defunct offshore rebate shop International Racing Group, according to a document filed Feb. 18 in U.S. District Court."

http://www.drf.com/news/article/101879.html

Is this the bust you were referring to in earlier emails?

I seem to recall you said something was going down in Vegas.

highnote
03-01-2009, 01:07 PM
Is this the bust you were referring to in earlier emails?

I seem to recall you said something was going down in Vegas.

Actually, I think it was jillybeans who kept mentioning that a big Vegas story would be announced.

vegasone
03-01-2009, 01:44 PM
It is related to the previous discussions jillybeans was spouting about. They finally decided to go on with the indictment

highnote
03-01-2009, 01:59 PM
It is related to the previous discussions jillybeans was spouting about. They finally decided to go on with the indictment

I was just wondering because it sounded like jilly was saying there was going to be some huge scandal. This sounds like a run of the mill bookmaking operation -- which in my opinion isn't a bad thing, nor is it a big deal.

The only thing they did wrong was not get licensed and not pay taxes -- at least I assume they didn't pay taxes on their gains. Maybe they did?

Hell, it's alleged that UBS was trying to lure wealthy US clients to put money in their bank to avoid taxes. Tim Geithner didn't pay his taxes and he's the head of the Treasury. But I digress.

vegasone
03-04-2009, 12:32 AM
There was lots more that was going on but probably not of as much interest to the feds......they let the big deals like 50 Billion and 9 Billion etc. slide since they aren't competent enough and stick to easy ones like these and like Martha Stewart that make a big splash but don't really make much difference.

highnote
03-04-2009, 12:52 AM
There was lots more that was going on but probably not of as much interest to the feds......they let the big deals like 50 Billion and 9 Billion etc. slide since they aren't competent enough and stick to easy ones like these and like Martha Stewart that make a big splash but don't really make much difference.

Meanwhile, Madoff sits at home in his luxury penthouse and asks if his wife can keep the house and 70 million dollars.

Just goes to show -- if you're going to do a crime -- do it for billions of dollars in front of the whole world and tell them how great you are while you're doing it.