PDA

View Full Version : I WAS JUST WONDERIN'

BUD
02-25-2009, 05:48 PM
has anyone ever heard of a disabled // handicapped trainer? I know Kieran M has MS- Its a pretty mild strain compared to what is at work in me. At least so it seems.

Call me goofy but I am kinda down. And instead of wallowing in it---I want to find people in the Business that I can relate to who --(are doing it)-----Hey it could even be fellow cappers. With my capping I have Optic neuritis,((O.N.)) at times it makes seeing a b-itch!! X 10.--Memory is another challenge----

I do not plan with the injury along with the illnesses..To keep me down........

I was just looking for some inspiration here-----I want this to be my next step in life--

Now since each day is a gift. I will associate my time into endeavors that I find worth my time. Horse Racing and Handicapping being the main one,

Any help --as in success stories would be very appreciated

Brogan
02-25-2009, 06:46 PM
Shoemaker trained from a wheelchair the last couple of years of his life. Someone else, who I'm drawing a blank on currently trains from a wheelchair too...had a big horse a year or two ago too.

Brogan
02-25-2009, 06:51 PM
My mental block has lifted...it was Dan Hendricks who trained Brother Derek who won the Santa Anita Derby and was fourth in both the Derby and Preakness.

Brogan
02-25-2009, 06:57 PM
Now, if you were referring to mental handicaps, almost every trainer I know would qualify.

DSB
02-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Now, if you were referring to mental handicaps, almost every trainer I know would qualify.

I'm sure glad you said "almost every"

MIplayer
02-25-2009, 08:32 PM
The legendary Joe Hirsch had Parkinson's. Apparently it got so bad he would type with one finger, poking single keys one at a time. You can only imagine how difficult it would've been to type like that, but with determination almost anything can be done.

BUD
02-25-2009, 08:53 PM
The legendary Joe Hirsch had Parkinson's. Apparently it got so bad he would type with one finger, poking single keys one at a time. You can only imagine how difficult it would've been to type like that, but with determination almost anything can be done.

oh I ca imagine. I get severe tremors and typing is nuts. At least we have spell check---And voice recognition----

I am sorry for the people with the disability---But I for one----Want to accomplish good--great ----things----Thanks for the help--

point given
02-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Check out the Charlie Rose interview of Stephen hawking and his accomplishments in spite of having Lou Gehrigs

http://video.google.com/videosearch?sourceid=navclient&rlz=1T4GGLG_enUS312US312&q=hawking+stephen&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=NfSlSamCEKKBtweYvtDTBA&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title#

proximity
02-26-2009, 12:31 AM
has anyone ever heard of a disabled // handicapped trainer?

is sidney underwood still training?

BUD
02-26-2009, 09:07 AM
is sidney underwood still training?

Thanks I googled her and got some pretty inspirational stuff. Hell I even got the injury Lawsuit.

Thanks!!

affirmedny
02-26-2009, 11:00 AM
The guy who trained Formal Gold, (William Perry?) has MS I believe, much worse than KM. I'm not sure if he's still active.

rastajenk
02-26-2009, 08:03 PM
Barb Riley in Ohio was hurt in a training accident, I think, and trains from a wheelchair, I'm fairly certain.

BUD
02-27-2009, 09:19 PM
The guy who trained Formal Gold, (William Perry?) has MS I believe, much worse than KM. I'm not sure if he's still active.

Couldn't find much on it--

We NEED a Pace Race Historian-----------My Dad asked me to look up some friends from times gone by---I can't find anything..Granted these are low profile people--And I am probably lookin in the wrong places---

Is there a place where it is documented where every horse who has ever run is--Trainer to train--Even it it was just one train etc----

Granted I don't feel so good and just the capping takes the life outta me----So I am sure Its me not looking in the right areas---

Example---I am from Worcester---And we are the but of a joke the way we speak--Wista---That horse Welcome to Wista---I believe has one Mdn win-----I was looking for it so I could send it to some of my friends..I can get it on the Spires---But I can't take it off there----And I have no idea where to find it where I can copy it--

It must be me a tired sick dummy..

Thanks for ALL your answers and help---I an searching for all the inspiration I can find---In the game itself----___why--cause that is where I wanna be..

Again thanks--------Your time in answering it means a lot..

Bud..

nijinski
02-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Couldn't find much on it--

We NEED a Pace Race Historian-----------My Dad asked me to look up some friends from times gone by---I can't find anything..Granted these are low profile people--And I am probably lookin in the wrong places---

Is there a place where it is documented where every horse who has ever run is--Trainer to train--Even it it was just one train etc----

Granted I don't feel so good and just the capping takes the life outta me----So I am sure Its me not looking in the right areas---

Example---I am from Worcester---And we are the but of a joke the way we speak--Wista---That horse Welcome to Wista---I believe has one Mdn win-----I was looking for it so I could send it to some of my friends..I can get it on the Spires---But I can't take it off there----And I have no idea where to find it where I can copy it--

It must be me a tired sick dummy..

Thanks for ALL your answers and help---I an searching for all the inspiration I can find---In the game itself----___why--cause that is where I wanna be..

Again thanks--------Your time in answering it means a lot..

Bud..
I hope there will be a medical breakthrough out there for you soon.