PDA

View Full Version : 3/7 Contest at Prairie Meadows in Altoona, IA

PrairieMeadows
02-25-2009, 01:55 PM
• Contest entry fee is $100, payable upon registration. Each participant must place a mythical $2 win and a mythical $2 place wager on ten required races. All entry fees will be distributed to the top ten participants determined by the highest total mutuel payoff accumulation.

• On Saturday, March 7, there will be ten contest races, which will be pre-selected simulcast thoroughbred races. Each participant must place a mythical $2 win and a mythical $2 place wager on ten races. All entry fees will be distributed to the top ten participants determined by the highest total mutuel payoff accumulation.

• On the day of the contest, contest forms must be submitted prior to the post of each contest race. The participant is responsible for ensuring his/her contest form has been accepted, regardless of the circumstances. Prairie Meadows reserves the right to accept late forms from those in line with completed contest forms when the gates open.

• In the event of a tie, the higher placing will be awarded to the participant with the greatest number of winners. In the further event of a tie, the second tiebreaker at the bottom of the entry form will be used. From the races the participant has used in the contest, he or she will indicate contest race # to be used as the second tiebreaker. The combined finishing position of the primary selection and the alternate selection will be added to arrive at the tiebreaker score. The lowest point score wins. If the primary and alternate selections in the tiebreaker finish 2nd and 4th, for example, the total tiebreaker score would be 6.

• All entry fees will be distributed to the top ten participants.
25% to the first place, 20% to second place, 15% to the third place, 10% to the fourth place, and participants in places fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth and tenth will receive 5%.

Donnie
02-26-2009, 09:10 PM
No free trip to the Belmont this year??

PrairieMeadows
02-27-2009, 09:42 AM
Donnie, I think the contest that you are thinking of may be the "Road to the Triple Crown" contest. That contest has a grand prize of a trip for two to the Belmont for the winner. That contest starts this weekend Feb. 28th and will be on Saturdays through April 18th. So by all means come out and get into that.

• Each participant will select a horse and make a mythical $2 win wager and a mythical $2 place wager on such horse in each of the three pre-selected races per contest day.

• The participants with the three highest total mutual payoffs for each contest day will receive first, second, and third place prize monies. First place prize is $250, second place prize is $100 and third place prize is $50.

• In the event of a tie, the participant with the lowest total after adding the final placing of the selected horses on his/her entry will be deemed the winner. (E.g. selected horses finish first, second, and fourth, this point total would be seven.)

• The highest accumulated mutual total for all contests days will receive the grand prize of a trip for two to the Belmont Stakes.

• The tentative schedule of selected simulcast tracks will be posted at the Racing Center by
March 4, 2006.

• Entry forms will be available at the Racing Center on Clubhouse Level 4 at Noon the day prior to each contest day. Entry forms must be submitted to the Racing Center no later than five minutes prior to the earliest post time of the pre-selected races on each contest day.

• Entry forms will not be accepted prior to the contest day and will only be accepted while the Racing Center is open and must be initialed by a Racing Center staff person as proof of acceptance.

PrairieMeadows
02-27-2009, 09:47 AM
Then again, you won last year...you would know. Thanks for the post over at HTR, my account has not been approved to post yet?

Donnie
02-27-2009, 01:21 PM
I don't "work" for HTR, just a very satisfied long time subscriber. If you want to PM me either here or there, I can let Rick, the webmaster there, know it's all good! I am VERY glad that you posted here!!!! I wouldn't have known about your contests. We visit PRM frequently, but during the off season don't get up to the simulcast area too much!

I am also very happy to see that you are running numerous contests....are you new in the Promotions Dept?

A good track to model is what Jeff Maday has been doing up at CBY. I have driven up there a number of times over the years to attend his contests. He and his staff does an excellent job on executing the contests as well. I get emails from their marketing dept everytime they hold a contest <hint> <hint>. :)

Will people be able to buy multiple entries into any of your contests this year? I think it would really help your June NTRA Qualifier. Some of my friends balk at travelling to Iowa because they can only buy one entry while other contests on the same date allow multiple entries per person. (something to think about)

Thank you for making a public prescence here as well. PRM is one of the nicest tracks out there, both people and facilities wise. I don't think you get the credit you deserve there. But the public exposure, to much of the degree, has benn minimual! If you remain active in updating us (especially on the HTR board) of upcoming contests and promotions, you WILL see results!!

Best of Luck!!

Donnie
02-27-2009, 01:23 PM
ohhhhh btw...the contest I won last year was the Marty and Miller/ KXNO promotion. Very fun trip!!! Wife and I had a great time and we posted pictures here and on the HTR board when we returned! Thanks AGAIN for running that contest!!!!

Donnie
02-27-2009, 01:53 PM
PrarieMeadows===
Rick went ahead and approved your account over at HTR. Post away!!!!

pktruckdriver
02-27-2009, 08:13 PM
hey guys my eyes are bad

Is this a on site only tourney?

Thanks

Patrick

Donnie, I will meet up with you this year at PM, we just missed last time .

Good luck

Donnie
02-27-2009, 09:59 PM
Yeah Patrick....all their contests are at PRM and not online!

Next trip thru the Midwest, we'll make it happen!

Donnie
03-02-2009, 03:18 PM
FYI---
I read the rules to this contest last night. They are allowing 2 entries per player! This is a positive change since last year!! :ThmbUp:

PrairieMeadows
03-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the handicapping contest scheduled for March 7 and the Road to the Triple Crown contest have been cancelled.

We apologize for all inconvience. We are working hard to correct the issue and hope to see you at one of our future contests.