PDA

View Full Version : From PA news:

kenwoodallpromos
02-25-2009, 11:48 AM
"FTBOA Awarded $2.5 Million Grant

The Florida Thoroughbred Breeders' and Owners' Association announced Feb. 25 that it, along with partner MaxWest Environmental Systems, has received a grant award in the amount of $2.5 million from the Florida Energy and Climate Commission for a green energy project."
With this new green energy/horse stall waste grant from the BO government, this pollution reducing project will be a feather in the cap of racing, who I have thought should use the slogan "Country in the City" to promote racing!!!
Should be plenty of green energy sourse per Sq Ft!

Thomas Roulston
02-26-2009, 02:51 AM
Don't these PC types also like synthetic surfaces?

We have them to thank for Bay Meadows no longer existing, if you think about it.

kenwoodallpromos
02-26-2009, 04:23 AM
It's racing against everybody else, including those free enterprise types who want to build something where the tracks exist now; it's also simulcasting, since bettors too far away to go live can bet the major tracks online and from other tracks now. I would be interested to know how much $$ BM got from outside Northern CA vs how much $$ bet in Northern CA was on tracks elsewhere. My guess is major tracks are sucking up the major $$.
Anyone with an agenda that does not include certain tracks are to blame.
GGF and BM had/have lousier horses, maybe 800-1,000 at a time, but they leave as many road apples as the grade 1 types!!