PDA

View Full Version : Buy your OIL stocks again

sammy the sage
02-25-2009, 07:20 AM
Ex-Prez Bush & the "Crat" congress showed how to "MILK" the American consumer....Here WE go AGAIN....ie..

Those so-called tax cut's...will GO RIGHT into your GAS tank...as BEFORE!

Think I'm wrong...gas has already been going UP...even w/OIL down...WHY...don't give lame SORRY excuse about refinery's either...

But oil will SPIKE now...cause you GOT FREE money..they'll TAKE IT...thanks! :( :mad:

Might as well get it yourself!

delayjf
02-25-2009, 11:48 AM
as I understand it, while the price of oil is down, so is production. That along with a reduction in refinery output due to maintenince required to produce summer grade fuel has lead to a temparary reduction in the amount of reserves - which has increased the price.

cj's dad
02-25-2009, 11:53 AM
as I understand it, while the price of oil is down, so is production. That along with a reduction in refinery output due to maintenince required to produce summer grade fuel has lead to a temparary reduction in the amount of reserves - which has increased the price.

100% correct - having worked in industry for 23 years I know that all production eq. needs preventive maintenance. This period from February thru mid- April is the exact time when refineries do just that. Production down=less supply vs. constant demand = price increase. Economics 101.

DJofSD
02-25-2009, 12:13 PM
DIG, XOM or COP?

PBR, RIG or the PBR step-child that I can't remember the name/symbol?

delayjf
02-25-2009, 06:09 PM
My question is - My understanding is that the refineries have to produce over a dozen (maybe more) types of gas to meet different states criteria. How many different types of gas does this nation really need? Do we really need "winter gas" in places like California, TX etc. Seems to me that if we went to one standard of gas, it would reduce the costs.

Marshall Bennett
02-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Ever thought that perhaps oil companies are simply charging more in preparation for a grim future ? I don't see their sales setting any records a year from now . Unless oil prices make a sharp recovery , I don't see much good in their future . As in past recessions , they're the last to suffer .