PDA

View Full Version : GUNS!

Pell Mell
02-24-2009, 02:14 PM
A LITTLE GUN HISTORY

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
------------------------------

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
---- ------------- -------------

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------------

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own Government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in:

List of 7 items:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent.

Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent.

Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort, and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.

You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

If you value your freedom, please spread this anti-gun control message to all of your friends.

The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

SWITZERLAND ISSUES EVERY HOUSEHOLD A GUN! SWITZERLAND 'S GOVERNMENT TRAINS EVERY ADULT THEY ISSUE A RIFLE. SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!
IT'S A NO BRAINER! DON'T LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTE MILLIONS OF OUR TAX DOLLARS IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE ALL LAW ABIDING CITIZENS AN EASY TARGET.

NJ Stinks
02-24-2009, 03:09 PM
OK, Pell Mell. Why do you think Obama is going to take your guns away from you?

I haven't heard anything but I guess you have? :confused:

robert99
02-24-2009, 03:41 PM
And if Archduke Ferdinand was packing a pistol, WWI would never have started.

Pell Mell
02-24-2009, 03:42 PM
http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=89830

I lived in NJ for 73 yrs. When I was a youngster I could walk into any hardware store or Sears and buy a new gun and ammo and didn't even have to give my name. We didn't lock our doors at night and left the keys in the car all the time. But, with the advent of idiots like you, things changed. Now there are very few places in NJ where you can safely walk the streets at night. I won't even go into all the other negatives.

I left there 5 yrs ago because of what it had become because of the weasels that now control the state and the lemmings like yourself that make up the sewage that flows through there like a river.

How did I know this post would get a response from you? Because you are of the ilk that is bringing this country to its knees.

You chose the right name because I can smell you all the way down here in America, (TN)

ezrabrooks
02-24-2009, 03:46 PM

I lived in NJ for 73 yrs. When I was a youngster I could walk into any hardware store or Sears and buy a new gun and ammo and didn't even have to give my name. We didn't lock our doors at night and left the keys in the car all the time. But, with the advent of idiots like you, things changed. Now there are very few places in NJ where you can safely walk the streets at night. I won't even go into all the other negatives.

I left there 5 yrs ago because of what it had become because of the weasels that now control the state and the lemmings like yourself that make up the sewage that flows through there like a river.

How did I know this post would get a response from you? Because you are of the ilk that is bringing this country to its knees.

You chose the right name because I can smell you all the way down here in America, (TN)

PM...you are not suppose to hunt over a baited field.

Ez

Steve 'StatMan'
02-24-2009, 03:49 PM
OK, Pell Mell. Why do you think Obama is going to take your guns away from you?

I haven't heard anything but I guess you have? :confused:

Who said anything about Obama? But there sure are campaigns regarding this at city and state levels. Not sure how this issue currently sits at the congressional level. I can add that most of the cities w/hand gun bans are big cities, and have predominatly democrats as elected officials. Both houses of congress are now controled by the democrats. The big question is, will the city leaders get the national elected to fully embrase their views and change the laws, forcing this on the rest of the nation. Then Obama only comes up in an issue of whether he signs the bill, or not, and who knows what else gets thrown into bills to force politicians into making signing decisions.

kenwoodallpromos
02-24-2009, 03:50 PM
What you referred to above is not real gun control; it ias armed citizen control, if others still have guins.
If AU had stopped manufactuiring handguns for the general public, how many of those armed robberies were with shotguns or rifles?
The problem I have is with pro or anti who lump all "firearms" together.
As of the time it became law, the "right to bear arms" meant single shoty muskets, called "arms", and stood uprigght together to form a "stand of ARMS", so as not to put the barrel in the dirt or mud.
In the 1790's muskets were allowed for hunting and defense; pistols were available but I believe not common.

BlueShoe
02-24-2009, 03:56 PM
Why is Obama going to take our guns away?Because his voting record says that is what he wants to do.He voted for every anti-firearm bill that was put before him.He received an F grade by the NRA.He is a far Left thinker,and part of the aberration of being leftist is a desire to eliminate firearms in the hands of private citizens.There are few liberals that are pro gun,very few.Remember Obamas remark during the campaign?He sneered at Americans that "put their faith in guns and religion".

JustRalph
02-24-2009, 04:10 PM
In Ohio in the 50's and 60's the kids in high school brought their own guns to school for gym class. They had rifle teams that competed in some areas. The parking lot of the school was full of trucks with rifle racks etc.

There was never any murderous shootings at school. More kids were injured with Bow and Arrows in gym class, than with guns.

What changed?

Marshall Bennett
02-24-2009, 04:46 PM
These kids have better aim ?? :lol:

Bubba X
02-24-2009, 04:54 PM

:lol:
While I'm not certain that lemmings can survive in the climate of New Jersey, I am certain I have never seen the words weasels, lemmings and sewage used in the same sentence. So, thank you.

Steve 'StatMan'
02-24-2009, 05:02 PM
In Ohio in the 50's and 60's the kids in high school brought their own guns to school for gym class. They had rifle teams that competed in some areas. The parking lot of the school was full of trucks with rifle racks etc.

There was never any murderous shootings at school. More kids were injured with Bow and Arrows in gym class, than with guns.

What changed?

Wow!

I guess Gym Class, etc. changed, at least in High School. I remember in the 70's & 80's our college had an archery class. Went to a private high school that didn't have a lot of things, like their own football field/stadium, a swiming pool, etc, at least not in those days, they'd only been around for 25 years and were still needing to do fundrasing to keep the school open and running and the growing number of non-clergy teachers paid.

Tough enough with the shop teachers usually missing at least a part of one finger, not sure how the Rifle Team or the Archer Coach used to look. Although I imagine you already had to be trained and know how to handle a rifle to join the rifle club. A can't imagine them being allowed to hand a total neophyte student a loaded rifile, obviously anyone serious about proper gun handling would need to undergo through initial training before being allowed to handle a loaded gun, esp. around high school students I'm sure insurance rules changed as well.

Then again, they might have had Army ROTC programs on campus with rifile training and all that stuff back then too. Imagine that would be done off campus too now, if still being done.

*** added thought - obviously the kids have changed. Don't know how many are mature enough, or have the full consequences of thought process. Heck, most back in the 70's were starting to lack it as well. I sure wouldn't have been ready for that. Hell, I felt personally unprepared to handle Drivers Ed when I was first eligible to take it back then!

boxcar
02-24-2009, 07:30 PM
Why is Obama going to take our guns away?Because his voting record says that is what he wants to do.He voted for every anti-firearm bill that was put before him.He received an F grade by the NRA.He is a far Left thinker,and part of the aberration of being leftist is a desire to eliminate firearms in the hands of private citizens.There are few liberals that are pro gun,very few.Remember Obamas remark during the campaign?He sneered at Americans that "put their faith in guns and religion".

Excellent post, Bluey. The Left has a selectively bad memory. Just as they don't remember that BO is all FOR the continuation of the complete ban of guns in DC by any civilian.

Boxcar

boxcar
02-24-2009, 07:33 PM

What changed?

The Moral Climate of this country.

Boxcar

kenwoodallpromos
02-24-2009, 07:58 PM
Nowadays kids cannot fit a hunting rifle in a foreign compact car!

NJ Stinks
02-24-2009, 08:43 PM
Remind me never to ask Pell Mell another question. I wouldn't want to be responsible for a heart attack.

Anyway, I'm all for hunting guns and have had a hunting license for years. Don't want to ban handguns either but I can understand why DC does. Philly has the same problems. Obviously, the same problems don't exist outside big cities. As for Dems running the big cities, most Republicans have moved to suburbia a long time ago. You can't win an election if most of your base has left. Mayor Bloomberg in NYC was an exception to the rule as he was a Republican when elected twice. (I know he declared himself an Independent in 2007.)

Also, if Obama hopes to be re-elected, he will not touch the gun issue on the national level.

Tom
02-24-2009, 08:53 PM
And if Archduke Ferdinand was packing a pistol, WWI would never have started.
:lol::lol::lol:

Tom
02-24-2009, 08:56 PM
Where do they stand on gun control, and what have they said about it?

http://www.ontheissues.org/Gun_Control.htm

sandpit
02-24-2009, 09:42 PM
SWITZERLAND ISSUES EVERY HOUSEHOLD A GUN! SWITZERLAND 'S GOVERNMENT TRAINS EVERY ADULT THEY ISSUE A RIFLE. SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!
IT'S A NO BRAINER! DON'T LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTE MILLIONS OF OUR TAX DOLLARS IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE ALL LAW ABIDING CITIZENS AN EASY TARGET.

While I am against nearly all gun control laws, the study linked to below would seem to contradict your statement on Switzerland. No way to know how legit this is, since it looks like it came from a UN study, just something I found why snooping around on the internet.

http://www.gun-control-network.org/GF01.htm

Pell Mell
02-24-2009, 10:46 PM
Seems like the stats would be much different if suicides were not counted. Committing suicide with a gun is convenient and quick but if guns weren't available I'm sure they would find another means. They also never mention the crimes that have been stopped because people have guns.

I'll bet it won't be long when the Brits wish they had a gun in the house.

schweitz
02-24-2009, 10:57 PM

My high school had R.O.T.C. and a gun range in the basement.

miesque
02-25-2009, 12:00 AM
I have to make a side comment after looking at that study on gun homicide in Britain and that is its important to realize just how much of the homicides in Britain are due to knives/sharp objects and not guns. Now this particular subject is one I wish I knew nothing about, but I have an immediate family member who is a London statistic so as a result I have learned more then I would be otherwise inclined to know. The point I am making is I hope no one don't just assumes that the gun homicide rate in Britain is by itself indicative of the crime situation in Britain relative to the US, the breakdown of the types of crimes are different.

cj's dad
02-25-2009, 07:44 AM
My high school had R.O.T.C. and a gun range in the basement.

My private Catholic high school also had a rifle team and in fact was the Maryland Scholastic Championship winner in my senior year.

Team folded in the 70's due to parental pressure on the school administration.

robert99
02-25-2009, 05:48 PM
Seems like the stats would be much different if suicides were not counted. Committing suicide with a gun is convenient and quick but if guns weren't available I'm sure they would find another means. They also never mention the crimes that have been stopped because people have guns.

I'll bet it won't be long when the Brits wish they had a gun in the house.

PM,

There is nothing in UK to stop you owning a gun if you have a licence.
The police don't carry guns and apart from the army I have never seen a gun either on the streets or in anyones houses in my lifetime. The elephant in the room is the relative rate of crime and fear of crime. At the moment serious violent crime, as in some USA cities, is not an issue and UK people remain horrified at the open sale of guns in USA legal or otherwise. I do understand why US citizens wish to take precautions but it is always at a cost. The attacker comes fully armed and may shoot first. In UK, few criminals carry guns.

UK Firearms certificate information:

There is no minimum age for the issue of a shot gun certificate.

A firearm certificate may be granted to any person aged 17 years or older in their own name and they may then purchase any guns and ammunition specified on that certificate.

A firearm certificate may be granted to any person aged between 14 and 17 years of age, but they may not themselves purchase any guns or ammunition.

No person under 14 may be granted a firearm certificate, or use firearms other than on an approved range or shooting gallery, such as at a fairground (where the maximum calibre allowed is .23 inch).

The minimum age to purchase airguns and any ammunition for them, is 18.

It is an offence under section 21 of the Firearms Act of 1968 as amended, for anyone convicted of a criminal offence, to handle, possess, or shoot a firearm and ammunition (this includes Air Guns). If the sentence was for more than three years the prohibition is for life; if less than three years the prohibition is for 5 years (Note: it is the sentence, not the time served, which is the determining factor).

Pell Mell
02-25-2009, 06:47 PM
PM,

There is nothing in UK to stop you owning a gun if you have a licence.
The police don't carry guns and apart from the army I have never seen a gun either on the streets or in anyones houses in my lifetime. The elephant in the room is the relative rate of crime and fear of crime. At the moment serious violent crime, as in some USA cities, is not an issue and UK people remain horrified at the open sale of guns in USA legal or otherwise. I do understand why US citizens wish to take precautions but it is always at a cost. The attacker comes fully armed and may shoot first. In UK, few criminals carry guns.

UK Firearms certificate information:

There is no minimum age for the issue of a shot gun certificate.

A firearm certificate may be granted to any person aged 17 years or older in their own name and they may then purchase any guns and ammunition specified on that certificate.

A firearm certificate may be granted to any person aged between 14 and 17 years of age, but they may not themselves purchase any guns or ammunition.

No person under 14 may be granted a firearm certificate, or use firearms other than on an approved range or shooting gallery, such as at a fairground (where the maximum calibre allowed is .23 inch).

The minimum age to purchase airguns and any ammunition for them, is 18.

It is an offence under section 21 of the Firearms Act of 1968 as amended, for anyone convicted of a criminal offence, to handle, possess, or shoot a firearm and ammunition (this includes Air Guns). If the sentence was for more than three years the prohibition is for life; if less than three years the prohibition is for 5 years (Note: it is the sentence, not the time served, which is the determining factor).

I'm talking about when the Muslims start to put the final touches on taking over your country, which they have already started to do from what I read.

robert99
02-25-2009, 07:56 PM
I'm talking about when the Muslims start to put the final touches on taking over your country, which they have already started to do from what I read.

PM,

You're not reading that right wing hate garbage are you? :eek:

Islam has been present in the United Kingdom throughout the country's history, as small numbers of Muslims were already living in England and Scotland at the time of its formation, though the practice of Islam was only legalised by the Trinitarian Act in 1812. Islam, today, is the second largest religion in the UK with recent estimates suggesting a total of 2.4 million Muslims. UK population is 61M - Christians 42M - so takeover about as likely as Florida snow in July.

There are about 6M Muslims in USA but the hate groups ignore those facts that don't suit their agenda.

Secretariat
02-25-2009, 10:16 PM
Remind me never to ask Pell Mell another question. I wouldn't want to be responsible for a heart attack.

Anyway, I'm all for hunting guns and have had a hunting license for years. Don't want to ban handguns either but I can understand why DC does. Philly has the same problems. Obviously, the same problems don't exist outside big cities. As for Dems running the big cities, most Republicans have moved to suburbia a long time ago. You can't win an election if most of your base has left. Mayor Bloomberg in NYC was an exception to the rule as he was a Republican when elected twice. (I know he declared himself an Independent in 2007.)

Also, if Obama hopes to be re-elected, he will not touch the gun issue on the national level.

Obama may be forced to do something about certain gun sales, otherwise we may be confronting our own guns in the hands of Mexican drug cartels on our southern border.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/28/AR2007102801654.html

U.S. Guns Behind Cartel Killings in Mexico

By Manuel Roig-Franzia
Washington Post Foreign Service
Monday, October 29, 2007; Page A01

TIJUANA, Mexico -- Assassins blasted Ricardo Rosas Alvarado, a member of an elite state police force, with a blizzard of bullets pumped out of AK-47 assault rifles.

Alvarado crumpled at the wheel of his sedan, yet another victim of the weapons known here as "goat's horns" because of their curved ammunition clips, and which can fire at a rate of 600 rounds per minute. The killing, Mexican authorities said, was a panorama of blood, shattered glass and torn metal that brutally showcased the firepower of Mexico's drug cartels. But that was just the warm-up.

The high-powered guns used in both incidents on the evening of Sept. 24 undoubtedly came from the United States, say police here, who estimate that 100 percent of drug-related killings are committed with smuggled U.S. weapons.

The guns pass into Mexico through the "ant trail," the nickname for the steady stream of people who each slip two or three weapons across the border every day. The "ants" -- along with larger smuggling operations -- are feeding a rapidly expanding arms race between Mexican drug cartels.

The U.S. weapons -- as many as 2,000 enter Mexico each day, according to a Mexican government study -- are crucial tools in an astoundingly barbaric war between rival cartels that has cost 4,000 lives in the past 18 months and sent law enforcement agencies in Washington and Mexico City into crisis mode.

Tom
02-25-2009, 10:22 PM
Gee, Mexico worried about illegal crossings of the border?
Screw 'em.:lol::lol::lol:

Secretariat
02-25-2009, 10:37 PM
Gee, Mexico worried about illegal crossings of the border?
Screw 'em.:lol::lol::lol:

I think it's a little more than that Tom.

Even your buddy FOX News reports on this as well as Texas Homeland Security.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,487911,00.html

Mexican Drug Cartels Armed to the Hilt, Threatening National Security

"This is modern Mexico, where the leaders of the powerful drug cartels are armed to the teeth with sophisticated weapons, many of which are smuggled over the border from the United States. It is with this array of superior weapons that drug cartels are threatening the very stability of their own country. And it's why America's outgoing CIA Director, Michael Hayden, says violence in Mexico will pose the second greatest threat to U.S. security next year, right after Al Qaeda."

And the amazing thing is we're making the weaponry easily assessable to them. Texas Homeland Security comments below. Basically, the easy purchasing of arms in this country is supplying the Mexican drug cartels which our Border Agents are having to cope with - like police have to cope with gangs with better weaponry. I'm all for rifles for hunting, but the easy sell of this kind of weaponry for export or getting into the hands of gangs can't just be ignored.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/newupdated/ci_11770847

Homeland Security official affirms Mexican drug cartel violence has spilled over into Texas

AUSTIN -- Violence from Mexican drug cartels has spilled over into Texas, state Homeland Security Director Steve McCraw said Monday.

"Yes, absolutely it has occurred; there's no question about it," McCraw said after a hearing before the House Committee on Border and International Affairs.

"The body count is stacking up along the border," he said, "and we don't want this to spill over into our state anymore."

dav4463
02-26-2009, 01:49 AM
Half the guys in my high school in the early 80's drove pickup trucks to school that had gun racks with guns hanging on them. No one ever shot anybody that I remember.

JustRalph
02-26-2009, 03:31 PM
PM,

You're not reading that right wing hate garbage are you? :eek:

Islam has been present in the United Kingdom throughout the country's history, as small numbers of Muslims were already living in England and Scotland at the time of its formation, though the practice of Islam was only legalised by the Trinitarian Act in 1812. Islam, today, is the second largest religion in the UK with recent estimates suggesting a total of 2.4 million Muslims. UK population is 61M - Christians 42M - so takeover about as likely as Florida snow in July.

There are about 6M Muslims in USA but the hate groups ignore those facts that don't suit their agenda.

I would say you might be ignoring something.............

http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/3522

robert99
02-26-2009, 04:58 PM
I would say you might be ignoring something.............

http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/3522

You're not still reading that right wing hate garbage are you? :eek: :eek:
Not a single word of truth from start to finish - just totally ignorant rant.
There are 53 hate essays by the same person in a similar vein. Possibly one of the EU neo-Nazi racists.

JustRalph
02-26-2009, 07:52 PM
Are you going to deny that Sharia Law is now being enforced in Britain?

Tom
02-26-2009, 09:13 PM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article4749183.ece

Golf and Horses
02-26-2009, 09:47 PM
FACTS TO PONDER

(A) The number of physicians in the U. S. is 700,000

(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000

(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171

Statistics courtesy of U. S. Dept. Health Human Services

GUNS:

(A) The number of gun owners in the U. S. is 80,000,000 (Yes, 80 million)

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500

(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .000188

Statistics courtesy of the FBI

So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners!

Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do."

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN

BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Out of concern for the public at large, we have withheld statistics on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention!:eek: :lol: :lol:

Marshall Bennett
02-26-2009, 09:56 PM
Out of concern for the public at large, we have withheld statistics on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention!:eek: :lol: :lol:
... and then seek the services of a lawyer . :lol: :lol:

boxcar
02-26-2009, 11:14 PM
FACTS TO PONDER

(A) The number of physicians in the U. S. is 700,000

(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000

(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171

Statistics courtesy of U. S. Dept. Health Human Services

GUNS:

(A) The number of gun owners in the U. S. is 80,000,000 (Yes, 80 million)

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500

(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .000188

Statistics courtesy of the FBI

So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners!

Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do."

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN

BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Great post!

Boxcar

ddog
02-27-2009, 03:22 AM
there is no doubt that the modern us medical scam is one of the most dangerous and costly endeavors ever to have afflicted this country.

glad others are starting to see the folly of it.

use the guns to take out all of the lawyers and doctors and then we can get down to business.

robert99
02-27-2009, 07:26 AM
Are you going to deny that Sharia Law is now being enforced in Britain?

Yes, absolutely.
The concept, let alone the practicality, is preposterous.
It is along the lines of people swallowing an internet article on GWB confessing to have joined the Communist Party.

The actual facts are very boring and unsensational. What is being enforced is UK arbitration law, which is poorly explained in Tom's link.
Arbitration is in essence, private litigation. The parties to a dispute agree to put their issues to an independent third party (the Arbitral tribunal) who reaches a decision after considering the evidence and submissions in much the same way as a real Judge would do in a real court of law. If the arbitration contract agreed between the parties is subsequently broken it is covered by the UK laws of breach of contract.
There is absolutely no Sharia Law within UK Law statutes which is why no one has ever cited any.

In the best tradition of British freedom and tolerance, Jewish Beth Din "courts" operate under the same provision in the Arbitration Act and resolve civil cases, ranging from divorce to business disputes. They have existed in Britain for more than 100 years, and previously operated under a precursor to the act - but no one ever speculates on UK being taken over by Halakah law - something the hate jockeys conveniently ignore.

Muslim councils act under the same Arbitration rights only if Muslims or anyone else for that matter voluntarily wish to resolve their disputes that way. All that has been going on peacefully for decades and is not news. There is absolutely no Sharia Law within UK Law statutes. With Muslims at 3% of the population and few of them supporting Sharia law there never will be - something the hate jockeys continually ignore - but it all makes a story for the insistently gullible to swallow.

ddog
02-27-2009, 09:39 AM
geez rbt99, don't you realize facts or rational thought are not to be tolerated if they deviate from the party line?

Marshall Bennett
02-27-2009, 02:22 PM
use the guns to take out all of the lawyers and doctors and then we can get down to business.
... certainly wouldn't be any need for health care reform , huh ? Thats quite a mouthful , if your to be taken seriously .

PaceAdvantage
03-02-2009, 02:18 AM
geez rbt99, don't you realize facts or rational thought are not to be tolerated if they deviate from the party line?Gee that was thought provoking. Are you ok ddog? You're usually not this boring.