PDA

View Full Version : Today's Preps...

Bubbles
04-12-2003, 03:45 PM
Hey all...

WOOD MEMORIAL

Assuming the track stays muddy (which it was as of 3:25), Laurel shipper SKY SOLDIER appears to be an incredibly live longshot. He's undefeated and won a 1 and 1/16-mile stakes in the mud last out. KISSIN SAINT has been undefeated since switiching barns after his first race. In that race, he made a heckuva rally to be third in Aqueduct's mud. INDY DANCER was a well-beaten third in the Florida Derby, but has impeccable bloodlines (A.P. Indy-Dance with Grace, by Mr. Prospector) and could fire in the slop.

BLUE GRASS

Due to the scratch of Badge of Silver, BRANCUSI becomes my top pick. He ran very well at 49-1 in the San Felipe and appears to have shipped well; Biancone may have a Derby horse here. GREAT NOTION completes the exacta. He won his only race in Kentucky, has never finished worse than second, and has thrown in several good works. PEACE RULES will be the overwhelming favorite here, but he can be beaten. He's never raced in Kentucky and just shipped a few days ago; look elsewhere on your Pick 6 tickets.

ARKANSAS DERBY

VALUE ALERT!!!!! DEFRERE'S VIXEN ran a respectable fifth in the Louisiana Derby, a race which drew a vastly underrated field. He threw in a five-furlong bullet on Tuesday; my pick in a wide-open field. ARISTOCAT ran a good second to Region of Merit last out. He has thrown in not one, but two, bullet works since then; will contend. REGION OF MERIT and EUGENE'S THIRD SON are coming off strong showings. Both deserve spots on trifecta tickets.

Figman
04-12-2003, 06:28 PM
Oddity in the chart of today's Toyota Blue Grass. Within the comments is contained:

"Because of camera malfunction, the order of finish was confirmed by the placing judges. The margins were determined by the Equibase field crew."

Tom
04-12-2003, 10:18 PM
The three winners of today's preps 3rd fractions:

Bluegrass 40.2
Wood 37.1
Arkansas 36.4

Peace Rules not impressive at all - that kind of run won't get him any roses. Could the timer have misfired as well, or is this guy foney baloney?

Speed Figure
04-13-2003, 05:44 PM
My Figures for the "Wood"

Empire Maker 96/107/109

Funny Cide 97/108/108

Kissin Saint 100

New York Hero 100/110/99

Senor Swinger 99

Indy Dancer 92

Sky Soldier 87

Spite The Devil 82

Sprint Variant 16

Route Variant 12

"Blue Grass"

Peace Rules 99/108/94

Brancusi 96/106/90

Offlee Wild 85

Crowned Dancer 73

Acceptable Venture 71

Lion Tamer 56

Lots of Sizzle 55

Ten Cents A Shine 46

Great Notion 37

Sprint Variant 14

Route Variant 33 :eek:

Turf Sprint Variant 7

Turf Route Variant 14

TurfRuler
04-14-2003, 04:52 PM
Speed Figure...exactly how does the 33 route variant at the track affect the running time of Peace Rule? Is it a positive or a negative factor?

Speed Figure
04-14-2003, 05:34 PM
I think it's a real positive. When i went back and made my variant adjustment his final figure was 100. All the route races were very slow that day on final time.

Speed Figure
04-14-2003, 05:34 PM
I think it's a real positive. When i went back and made my variant adjustment his final figure was 100. All the route races were very slow that day on final time. All the horses in this race had there final figure + 6.