PDA

View Full Version : Another Obama Appointee is clueless

JustRalph
02-20-2009, 06:51 PM
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/02/20/1803006.aspx

Energy Secretary Steven Chu may be a Nobel laureate Ph.D. in physics, but his first forays into energy policy suggest he's a neophyte when it comes to the ways of Washington.

At a forum with reporters on Thursday, the head of the department that has traditionally taken the lead on global oil-market policy, was asked what message the Obama administration had for the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries at its meeting next month.

"I'm not the administration," the Cabinet secretary replied. "I will be speaking and learning more about this in order to figure out what the U.S. position should be and what the president's position is."

More at the link

This is the guy who is supposed to help Obama set policy for Oil.......????

ArlJim78
02-20-2009, 07:09 PM
Later, in a conference call to reporters, he said his answer reflected "more of my naiveté than anything else."

I'm willing to give the guy a pass on this one. In a way his response was refreshingly honest. He didn't blame anyone else at least. Sure he wasn't prepared for the hot lights in Washington, but who is really?

Now my opinion might change if he turns out to be a know-nothing on substance also, but I'm of the opinion that many real good people might have trouble getting up to speed in a cabinet position, simply because its hard to train for.

I guess what I'm saying I'd rather have a guy who admits he might have been naive, rather than one of the usual stuffed shirts that can churn out the stomach wrenching boilerplate non-answers over and over.

Tom
02-21-2009, 10:22 AM
Speaks well of this administration.....so many idiots pretending not to be that we welcome one who admits it!:lol:

prospector
02-21-2009, 12:50 PM
Speaks well of this administration.....so many idiots pretending not to be that we welcome one who admits it!:lol:
:jump::jump::lol::lol::lol::jump::jump:

PaceAdvantage
02-21-2009, 06:01 PM
Has anyone heard any of the folks who criticized the McCain vetting process also criticize Obama's vetting process for the poor choices they continue to make?

No?

I thought so.

jballscalls
02-21-2009, 06:23 PM
Has anyone heard any of the folks who criticized the McCain vetting process also criticize Obama's vetting process for the poor choices they continue to make?

No?

I thought so.

whats a vetting process?? is that like selection process?

Lefty
02-21-2009, 09:49 PM
It's a checkup on the selection. It's supposed to insure that the selectee has nothing in their past that would embarass the admin. looks like there was no vetting process applied to Obama's selections.

jballscalls
02-22-2009, 12:48 AM
Thanks lefty. My question is, who doesnt have skeletons of some kind in their closet?? So do they just look for someone who has the least amount of them LOL

cj's dad
02-24-2009, 02:39 PM
Not knowing what the hell you're doing on your job has absolutely zero to do with a vetting process.

ddog
02-24-2009, 04:04 PM

No?

I thought so.

it's all about which lunatic fringe gets to make the appointments , that's all?

I thought so.

Bubba X
02-24-2009, 05:13 PM
[QUOTE=PaceAdvantage]Has anyone heard any of the folks who criticized the McCain vetting process also criticize Obama's vetting process for the poor choices they continue to make?

QUOTE]

Sure. Me for one. Look up the Daschle thread.

What's more surprising is the minimal outcry at the Richardson nom. Pretty much everybody knew Richardson was dirty. But, after Richardson endorsed Obama early, while going against the Clintons, Obama owed him

But you can be darned certain Obama and his people knew and sank Richardson when the time was right.

Amazing no sharp conservatives made more of a story out of how Obama played Richardson.

bigmack
02-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Amazing no sharp conservatives made more of a story out of how Obama played Richardson.
You are sooooo right. It's absolutely scandalous. My o' my how shocking. :eek: