PDA

View Full Version : NYRA Conditions

bucksboy
02-20-2009, 10:00 AM
Questions for the pros

Probably a stupid question, but here goes. These NYRA races are driving me
nuts. Today Race 2 for example....Horses coming out of the following conditions - Clm 25K , SClm25K, Clm15Kn2l, Clm50K, SMD35K, Clm35K,
SALW44Kn1x, Clm40K...How do you cap this type of race from a class
perspective?? Do you forget class and go with speed & pace figs ??
Also, for a State bred Alw nw1, what is the equal in open company - Clm35k??
Any help would be appreciated.....driving me crazy...

oddsmaven
02-20-2009, 10:20 AM
I might be a little low, but I rate the average statebreds nw1 at 25k claiming and state nw2 at 35k...for restricted claimers I tend to cut the N2L in half and chop a third in value off of NW3 ($30k-nw3 races = straight $20k claimers).

Winter NYRA horses, at least allowance levels, should be valued somewhat less then non-winter stock.

cmoore
02-20-2009, 11:44 PM
Questions for the pros

Probably a stupid question, but here goes. These NYRA races are driving me
nuts. Today Race 2 for example....Horses coming out of the following conditions - Clm 25K , SClm25K, Clm15Kn2l, Clm50K, SMD35K, Clm35K,
SALW44Kn1x, Clm40K...How do you cap this type of race from a class
perspective?? Do you forget class and go with speed & pace figs ??
Also, for a State bred Alw nw1, what is the equal in open company - Clm35k??
Any help would be appreciated.....driving me crazy...

Use the race and class ratings from tsnhorse or brisnet..Race rating figures tell you how strong a field was..Class ratings tell you how that horse did against a particular field.

JustRalph
02-21-2009, 01:30 AM
some really good software can help you in a spot like this.

I don't even worry about conditions very much unless my software flags a big change, and it did in this race. It flagged the winner as a contender along with the 2nd place horse. It liked the 2nd place horse just a little better, but they were rated very close.

Thomas Roulston
02-22-2009, 03:43 AM
Well aren't you "supposed" to go by the purses?

Right now at the NYRA tracks, a $60k-down-to-$50k claimer carries the same purse as a N1X allowance.

This is also a tried-and-tested way of determining the relative strength of one circuit to that of another (if I'm not mistaken, last year at Mth a $40-35k claimer and an N1X allowance had the same purse).

OTM Al
02-22-2009, 08:59 AM
You could do it that way, but on the NYRA circuit I would rate a 50-60,000 winner stronger, at the NW2X level. 35,000 claimers rate at NW1X as my rule of thumb.